Xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 Feedback

I'll try tomorrow too and let you know if it works. Any recommendation about the wipes?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
well i have a problem, after i install the rom, when the gapps is installing about 60% along the way the device restarts and i cannot install gapps. any ideas? maybe twrp has problems?
reboot just after "performing system space calculation"

Last edited:
did you installed the right gapps? (x86_64 - 5.1 - pico) if yes i dont know why it restarts....

@franmr1979 i wiped just cache and davilk but i had a xiaomi.eu developer rom, if you have an official miui.com rom so you have also wipe data for a good flash of rom

Reactions: franmr1979
did you installed the right gapps? (x86_64 - 5.1 - pico) if yes i dont know why it restarts....

@franmr1979 i wiped just cache and davilk but i had a xiaomi.eu developer rom, if you have an official miui.com rom so you have also wipe data for a good flash of rom
I did it, it works perfectly! I installed the gapps with twrp and everything works great.
Thanks Digleo

Reactions: Digleo
well i have a problem, after i install the rom, when the gapps is installing about 60% along the way the device restarts and i cannot install gapps. any ideas? maybe twrp has problems?
reboot just after "performing system space calculation"
I had the same problem, it was a TWRP problem... Just flash TWRP 3.0 and it will work.
If you are performing a clean install, first install the rom (and superSU if you want to), reboot and set MIUI till you get at home screen. Then reboot to recovery and flash GApps otherwise you will get "settings FC".

I had the same problem, it was a TWRP problem... Just flash TWRP 3.0 and it will work.
If you are performing a clean install, first install the rom (and superSU if you want to), reboot and set MIUI till you get at home screen. Then reboot to recovery and flash GApps otherwise you will get "settings FC".
when i wanted to reset my mipad i had the problem with the settings FC after i choosed the language
so do you think the reason of the problem was the flash of gapps?
in effect i solved installing another rom with preinstalled gapps so installing gapps via recovery wasnt needed

when i wanted to reset my mipad i had the problem with the settings FC after i choosed the language
so do you think the reason of the problem was the flash of gapps?
in effect i solved installing another rom with preinstalled gapps so installing gapps via recovery wasnt needed

Yup, I dont know why it fails if you install it beside the ROM maybe thats why they (xiaomi.eu) dont include it?
BTW you also need to install the Google Webview ;)

Dirty update from 6.5.26, directly flash 3 zips from TWRP (in order):
  1. 7.5.20 with whetstone folder removed
  2. SuperSU 2.76
  3. gapps x86_64 5.1 pico
Flash went fine. Wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, 5 minutes and still stuck on mi.com logo with 3 flashing dots on bottom above "powered by android". What's the normal waiting time after updating to this ROM at least until the 3 flashing dots turn into progress bar?

EDIT 1:
30 minutes and still stuck. Looks like this is a path that no one else should follow. I'll retry without installing gapps, thank God I have TWRP backup.

EDIT 2:
Damn it. Can't even get into recovery, only dnx fastboot. The TWRP backup is still in the internal storage :(

EDIT 3:
Long long way to get the device back to work:
  1. Flash fastboot ROM 7.2.1.0 except data partition
  2. Using updater, install dev ROM 6.5.26
  3. Reboot to fastboot
  4. Flash TWRP, reboot, keep holding Power + Vol Up
  5. Back in TWRP, restore backup
Retried without gapps, only ROM + SuperSU, still stuck in previous step. Oh, well. I guess I'll stay with 6.5.26 for a while...

EDIT 4:
Out of curiosity, I tried ROM + gapps, it works. So SuperSU 2.76 seems to be the culprit. I'll retry once again with SuperSU 2.46, which is the one I used for rooting 6.5.26.

EDIT 5:
Yep, SuperSu 2.46 works. I now have 7.5.2.0 with latest gapps and root.

Last edited:
I did it, it works perfectly! I installed the gapps with twrp and everything works great.
Thanks Digleo

¿Did you do something special?

In my case, when a lauch Playstore, it crashes directly :-S

EDITED: Fixed (Last Androidwebview x86_x64 installed)

Last edited:
Dirty update from 6.5.26, directly flash 3 zips from TWRP (in order):
  1. 7.5.20 with whetstone folder removed
  2. SuperSU 2.76
  3. gapps x86_64 5.1 pico
Flash went fine. Wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, 5 minutes and still stuck on mi.com logo with 3 flashing dots on bottom above "powered by android". What's the normal waiting time after updating to this ROM at least until the 3 flashing dots turn into progress bar?

EDIT 1:
30 minutes and still stuck. Looks like this is a path that no one else should follow. I'll retry without installing gapps, thank God I have TWRP backup.

EDIT 2:
Damn it. Can't even get into recovery, only dnx fastboot. The TWRP backup is still in the internal storage :(

EDIT 3:
Long long way to get the device back to work:
  1. Flash fastboot ROM 7.2.1.0 except data partition
  2. Using updater, install dev ROM 6.5.26
  3. Reboot to fastboot
  4. Flash TWRP, reboot, keep holding Power + Vol Up
  5. Back in TWRP, restore backup
Retried without gapps, only ROM + SuperSU, still stuck in previous step. Oh, well. I guess I'll stay with 6.5.26 for a while...
i guess the problem is the supersu
try without it

Google Apps and Play Store are not workin for me, the Mi Pad 2 is a complete waste of money and time for me so far.

Why is it so difficult to build a ROM with the latest working google play store included?

Does anyone know where I could download the shop version that was on my tablet when I bought it. Where do these shops get their versions from. At least google play store worked eith the version that was installed on mine before I thought ah I can do thos, I know how to flash the tablet.

Last edited:
Google Apps and Play Store are not workin for me, the Mi Pad 2 is a complete waste of money and time for me so far.
Don't desperate, mipad 2 is really amazing but just for people who know how to configure it.

i guess the problem is the supersu
try without it
Surely, as that's the only option left. But I'm OK with 6.5.26 for now, I'll update later when Updater shows OTA notification. For me the route to return from soft brick is way too long. Not hard, but time consuming.

What I don't understand, I only want to have a Miui verison on the tablet that has a working google play store, I have tried installing the Google applications using the one click intel installer. Yes it allows me to login with my google account, but I cannot even update GMail because the App GMail requires google play services, but google play services were not installed by this installer.

And one more thing, this installer does not work when the fastboot oem lock code command has been entered. I do not need multilanguage, I only need a working tablet. With what I get from Miui is a non-working not usable software and this is simply not okay. I do not get it, what is an android device good for if it does not even support Google Play Store?

What I don't understand, I only want to have a Miui verison on the tablet that has a working google play store, I have tried installing the Google applications using the one click intel installer. Yes it allows me to login with my google account, but I cannot even update GMail because the App GMail requires google play services, but google play services were not installed by this installer.

And one more thing, this installer does not work when the fastboot oem lock code command has been entered. I do not need multilanguage, I only need a working tablet. With what I get from Miui is a non-working not usable software and this is simply not okay. I do not get it, what is an android device good for if it does not even support Google Play Store?
did you try to install play services apk from i dont know, apkmirror??

Yes I tried to do that, did not work. And then I used the intel one click installer method using GApps_IntelChipset.exe with fastboot oem unlocked (does not seem to run if the fastboot oem locked command is given). But I was not able to update GMail.

Yes I tried to do that, did not work. And then I used the intel one click installer method using GApps_IntelChipset.exe with fastboot oem unlocked (does not seem to run if the fastboot oem locked command is given). But I was not able to update GMail.
try to flash twrp and then flash gapps from it

Ah crap, whit all my attempts to lock or unlock or verified oem settings it seems as if my trwp installation is now gone :(.

I am back to the Xiaomi Mi-Recovery 2.0.1. Now I have to start again. Will I ever to be able to do this right?

I get this message from my Twrp flash, but it is so extremely hard to get into Twrp:

< waiting for device >
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'recovery' (15436 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.741s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.456s]
finished. total time: 1.198s

Plus I need to do that TWRP flash multiple times and not even then I can be sure it worked. Very annoying.

Great, I now get an error 02 because the recovery image console has failed. now what?

Last edited:
Okay, that sounds like a great idea, unfortunately after I am finally able to connect to google play store, the drama continues because I now have error 963.

Dear all of you,, i'hv been tried several rom version from 6.5.xx until stable version like 7.0.x.x until latest 7.5.2.0,, then make short conclusion that i think the most stable rom for our mipad 2 is 6.3.31 eu version multilanguage (the link i put bellow)
i'll be recommended too, our dev to make custom rom taking base from these. according to my observations these is the most stable version of multitasking & graphic optimization. must tried to our lovely stuff ;)

sorry can't give the link,, it may restriction from miui eu that this is my first posting.so u must searching manually

Last edited:
Dear all of you,, i'hv been tried several rom version from 6.5.xx until stable version like 7.0.x.x until latest 7.5.2.0,, then make short conclusion that i think the most stable rom for our mipad 2 is 6.3.31 eu version multilanguage (the link i put bellow)
i'll be recommended too, our dev to make custom rom taking base from these. according to my observations these is the most stable version of multitasking & graphic optimization. must tried to our lovely stuff ;)

sorry can't give the link,, it may restriction from miui eu that this is my first posting.so u must searching manually
It's 6.5.26 for me. Even after painful trial and error to get 7.5.2.0 installed, it doesn't fix force close startup issue in one of my games, while 6.5.26 at least fixes the in-game memory leak.

a guy told me that 6.4.7 rom is the best, i tried but i dont see the difference between others, just more miui icon (playstore, gmail, youtube, thats the reason im still using this rom).