Xiaomi.eu Stable Rom To China Developer Rom

nikoemo

Members
Jun 16, 2016
Hi, i just bought mi5 from honorbuy and it came with xiaomi.eu 7.2.13.0 stable rom. I have noticed that my recovery doesnt work, when i want to go to recovery mi logo flashes for part of second and then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Is it possible to flash any other rom so i can go to miui 8 developer rom that is coming tommorow. Also i think that my bootloader is locked. Thanks

Hi, i just bought mi5 from honorbuy and it came with xiaomi.eu 7.2.13.0 stable rom. I have noticed that my recovery doesnt work, when i want to go to recovery mi logo flashes for part of second and then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Is it possible to flash any other rom so i can go to miui 8 developer rom that is coming tommorow. Also i think that my bootloader is locked. Thanks
I had the same issue. I bought it from Honorbuy which installed the above unofficial ROM. It gave me a headache at first but I managed to install the global Eu stable. First of all you should unlock bootloader by applying to miui website. Then after 3-5 days you will receive a confirmation code and with mi unlock app you will unlock the bootloader. Then you will download the China developer ROM you want at your PC and install it with fastboot method. Lastly, download the ROM you want(miui 8 or 7) and install it with fastboot as well. There are some useful guides you can find which gonna make your life easier. Hope I helped.

PS. I suggest you install miui 7 for now and wait to see the bugs fixed on miui 8.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I had the same issue. I bought it from Honorbuy which installed the above unofficial ROM. It gave me a headache at first but I managed to install the global Eu stable. First of all you should unlock bootloader by applying to miui website. Then after 3-5 days you will receive a confirmation code and with mi unlock app you will unlock the bootloader. Then you will download the China developer ROM you want at your PC and install it with fastboot method. Lastly, download the ROM you want(miui 8 or 7) and install it with fastboot as well. There are some useful guides you can find which gonna make your life easier. Hope I helped.

PS. I suggest you install miui 7 for now and wait to see the bugs fixed on miui 8.

Thanks for you reply. But i thought you can only unlock bootloader from china developer rom? Are you sure that i can unlock bootlader from unoffical xiaomi.eu rom?

Thanks for you reply. But i thought you can only unlock bootloader from china developer rom? Are you sure that i can unlock bootlader from unoffical xiaomi.eu rom?
I know thats what I was told too, but I couldn't install the China dev ROM on top of the unofficial rom. It wouldn't let me. The reason? I don't really know. So I tried to unlock it with the unofficial installed. I don't know if it is the safe way so try installing via fastboot the China dev and then unlock. If you are unable, try my way.

I know thats what I was told too, but I couldn't install the China dev ROM on top of the unofficial rom. It wouldn't let me. The reason? I don't really know. So I tried to unlock it with the unofficial installed. I don't know if it is the safe way so try installing via fastboot the China dev and then unlock. If you are unable, try my way.

ok, i will try fastboot method first. thank you!

unlock bootloader
install twrp
wipe all
install china dev and you are ok
There is already twrp installed. If you try to wipe all it takes forever and it freezes to the miui logo screen. I tried and it seemed like I bricked my phone.

There is already twrp installed. If you try to wipe all it takes forever and it freezes to the miui logo screen. I tried and it seemed like I bricked my phone.

Problem for me is that i can´t go into recovery so i dont know is it twrp or miui recovery.

Twrp. Since the bootloader is unlocked you will be able to access twrp.

Twrp. Since the bootloader is unlocked you will be able to access twrp.

How can i tell if bootloader is unlocked? I just got the phone today, its xiaomi.eu stable rom and recovery doesnt work. I have tried access it from updater app and from combination of keys at the startup.

Sign in here http://en.miui.com/unlock/ with your miui account, or make one if you don't have one already. Then wait for confirmation as I mentioned above. When you receive the confirmation follow the above guide.

if you ahve xiaomi.eu rom you already have bootloader unlocked unless you have received with a fake rom. in that case unlock bootloader with the request code as @SpaceConq said to you and then flash twrp and follow my steps that i had told you before

if you ahve xiaomi.eu rom you already have bootloader unlocked unless you have received with a fake rom. in that case unlock bootloader with the request code as @SpaceConq said to you and then flash twrp and follow my steps that i had told you before
how can i check if my bootloader is unlocked? My rom is xiaomi.eu 7.2.13.0(MAACNDB) Stable

Btw, does anybody else has problem with double tap to wake feature? For me it only works like 10% of time.

yes me too with 2double tap. you have to push very hard or try it without tempered glass on the screen

yes me too with 2double tap. you have to push very hard or try it without tempered glass on the screen
i thought first it´s beacuse of protection but its not. even without protection it´s the same. on my mi4c everything was working great!

The rom you have is unofficial and a good sign that your bootloader is locked is that you can't access recovery mode. Try flashing China dev rom via fastboot mode and then request to unlock as I told you earlier.

Tip: remember that you should download the Rom from here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html in order to use the fastboot method.

The rom you have is unofficial and a good sign that your bootloader is locked is that you can't access recovery mode. Try flashing China dev rom via fastboot mode and then request to unlock as I told you earlier.

Tip: remember that you should download the Rom from here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html in order to use the fastboot method.

I already sent request for bootloader unlock. :( You think it will work if i flash chinese developer rom with fastboot metod over xiaomi.eu rom?

Try it and be patient, it might take some time for the first boot. Don't interrupt the procedure cause you might brick the device.

Try it and be patient, it might take some time for the first boot. Don't interrupt the procedure cause you might brick the device.

Ok thank you! I will let you know if it worked. From chinese developer rom i can easily install miui 8 later, right?

Yes but you should wait for the confirmation of bootloader to install miui 8 on top of China dev Rom.