Xiaomi.eu with Android 9 for Mi9 SE

PavelCzechRep

Members
Dec 5, 2019
Hello guys,

I am planning to install Xiaomi.eu Custom ROM on my Mi9 SE EU version. I am a bit afraid to go with the latest version because it looks like it runs on Android 10. And since some people reported here problems going back from Android 10 to 9 I was thinking to go only with Xiaomi.eu ROM with Android 9.

Can you please share the link where I can download this older version preferably with MIUI 11?

And the second off-topic thing - does phone call recording work on every Xiaomi.eu Custom ROM for this phone?

Many thanks for the advice.
Pavel

Hello,

the battery life is highly dependent on how you use your device. I personally get almost 2 days without having to recharge in between.

I have switched off
FOD
AOD
BT and WiFi Search

What's on is
- Wallpaper carousel
- LTE Advanced
- VoLTE and VoWifi
- WLAN always
- Screen goes on for notifications

If I FOD and AOD (AOD always on) then the battery lasts one day, the 2nd day but only until morning.

What contributes well to this is the setting in MIUI Lab and the sleep analysis in the battery settings. (deep sleep phase)

I've tried other Costum ROM's, but not Intensive. CrDroid 6.0, MoKee Pie etc., the Stock ROM or the xiaomi.eu or RevOS MIUI Rom's are the better alternatives in terms of smooth operation and access times (starting the apps).

Regarding the battery, I didn't have any improvement among the Costum ROM's, rather even a deterioration, especially in the deep sleep phase. But it could also have been wrong settings on my part, so it could work better with others than with MIUI, depending on usage.

But the possibilities of the camera and settings of the MIUI system itself are still clear advantages for me. (Also regarding NFC and Google Pay or other NFC payment methods)

Under xiaomi.eu SafetyNet is passed, without Magisk (fingerprint from Mi8 is used). Currently GooglePay is causing problems, probably because now the open bootloader is registered and under Magisk I was not able to get it to work, the bank apps and their payment via NFC still works fine.

Best regards

Reactions: freshdombro
Guys, quick question. If I am on the latest stock Android 9 MIUI11. Is it Ok to install Xiaomi.eu running on Android 10 over it without any problems? I guess that is the only way since stock Android 10 is not available in the EU yet, but want to be sure and avoid any hassle.

Thx

Guys, quick question. If I am on the latest stock Android 9 MIUI11. Is it Ok to install Xiaomi.eu running on Android 10 over it without any problems? I guess that is the only way since stock Android 10 is not available in the EU yet, but want to be sure and avoid any hassle.

Thx
Hi,

After you unlock the bootloader, your Stock ROM will be reset. Then flash TWRP from XDA, make a backup first. Then delete the necessary partitions, the data partition can be formatted, but will primarily fail, which is not bad.

Then just flash the xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 Beta ROM (Weekly), TWRP will be replaced by the one from LR. Team as well as the FW raised to Android 10.

After all the flashing of the different ROM's, it is always important to delete the necessary partitions and format the data partition, if a new ROM is to be flashed, from zero and you want to keep the encryption.

Reactions: PavelCzechRep
From the last 30% I use the energy saving mode as well as the ultra energy saving mode.

Otherwise the settings were as follows:
FOD off
AOD off
BT Search off
WLAN search off
BT general off

VoLTE switched on
VoWiFi switched on
GPS on
DarkMode on
Sleep phase detection on (of the smartphone)

That's all I can think of right now.
Then I have to load the 3rd day towards the evening. Usually I charge at the end of the 2nd day.

Screenshot_2019-12-12-16-14-49-236_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Hi a bit late on this one,

I am running miui 11.0.6.0 (stock) base on latest android 9 (PFBMIXM)
Can you guide me at least in flashing it over stock miui?

I have read instructions

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • Code:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue) in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags

so after doing all these just select the downloaded zip and wait?
can anyone elaborate the steps more? thank you

btw, my bootloader is already unlocked.