Xiaomi FlipBuds Pro and Mi 10 Ultra Compatibility

Perfection7

Members
Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I would like to know if the Xiaomi FlipBuds Pro are compatible with my Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra with the latest (stable) version of MIUI (12.5.3)

Can only answer this for Mi11 Venus with 12.5.9 from personal experience but doubt it would be much different for the Mi 10 Ultra: they are not directly detected as Flipbuds Pro by Xiaomi.eu ROM - it seems the functionality is removed or it might only be added in a newer version. You need to install the XiaoAi App to update the firmware and change settings on the Flipbuds Pro which is mildly annoying as it is only in Chinese as far as I could see.

Regardless, the Flipbuds Pro are a great purchase :)

If anyone knows if there is an APK to avoid installing the XiaoAi app so that the phone detects the Flipbuds Pro directly again please let me know.

Reactions: Perfection7
If anyone knows if there is an APK to avoid installing the XiaoAi app so that the phone detects the Flipbuds Pro directly again please let me know.
No, why would there be? That functionality is provided by Mi AI app in the first place...

No, why would there be? That functionality is provided by Mi AI app in the first place...

Even after installing the Mi AI app I am still not receiving any popups or settings outside of the Mi AI app as seen in some of the reviews. In the reviews the settings also appear to be in English so something must be different at least.

See here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once connected to a xiaomi with the miui 12.5 theoretically a pop-up should appear where the same app settings are available and are also available by selecting the flipbuds pro from the bluetooth item

Once connected to a xiaomi with the miui 12.5 theoretically a pop-up should appear where the same app settings are available and are also available by selecting the flipbuds pro from the bluetooth item
No, those "same app settings" are in Mi AI. The "settings" button in the popup redirects to that part of Mi AI...

Even after installing the Mi AI app I am still not receiving any popups or settings outside of the Mi AI app as seen in some of the reviews. In the reviews the settings also appear to be in English so something must be different at least.

See here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've read somewhere that Region should be set to China for the popup to show.

Ok, just tried it and you are absolutely right. If you set the region to China it will detect the Flipbuds Pro with the popup (did a restart after setting it). The settings including firmware update are even available in German then but I could not test the update due to already having done it with Mi AI! However if you change back to Germany and restart the phone then the popup will not show anymore.

Is there any way you guys can patch this so the "region lock" is removed in future versions of Xiaomi.EU?

Ok, just tried it and you are absolutely right. If you set the region to China it will detect the Flipbuds Pro with the popup (did a restart after setting it). The settings including firmware update are even available in German then but I could not test the update due to already having done it with Mi AI! However if you change back to Germany and restart the phone then the popup will not show anymore.

Is there any way you guys can patch this so the "region lock" is removed in future versions of MIUI?
What would it take to keep the phone set to china?

Mi AI is not part of Xiaomi.eu, I'm not sure what is the meaning of the question.
He intends that to make the pop-up appear (even after downloading Mi Ai) if the phone is not set in the china region (obviously always on xiaomi.eu)

He intends that to make the pop-up appear (even after downloading Mi Ai) if the phone is not set in the china region (obviously always on xiaomi.eu)
But all the process of the popup is handled by MiAI that is not part of Xiaomi.eu, so I still don't understand what are the expectations (from a practical point of view)

But all the process of the popup is handled by MiAI that is not part of Xiaomi.eu, so I still don't understand what are the expectations (from a practical point of view)
The fact is that this, staying on Xiaomi.eu and downloading the Mi Ai application, if you put china as the region setting of the smartphone then the pop-up works otherwise it doesn't. The question is whether it is a litime imposed by the Mi Ai application itself or a setting that you can change or somehow unlock the ROM

I uninstalled Mi Ai before changing regions and restarting the phone. The popup appears on Xiaomi.EU 12.5.9 without Mi AI being installed, just by setting the region to China, hence I asked if this could be patched.

The fact is that this, staying on Xiaomi.eu and downloading the Mi Ai application, if you put china as the region setting of the smartphone then the pop-up works otherwise it doesn't. The question is whether it is a litime imposed by the Mi Ai application itself or a setting that you can change or somehow unlock the ROM
You don't need Mi AI if region is set to China which was the whole point of my request :)

I uninstalled Mi Ai before changing regions and restarting the phone. The popup appears on Xiaomi.EU 12.5.9 without Mi AI being installed, just by setting the region to China, hence I asked if this could be patched.
This is a great thing because it means that somehow it could become available in all regions as there is the "integrated" menu in the MIUI of Xiaomi.eu in general

Reactions: Johnny_R
No, those "same app settings" are in Mi AI. The "settings" button in the popup redirects to that part of Mi AI...
But if Johnny_R has tried the pop-up appears even without the application installed, does it mean that the headphone settings module etc are integrated into the system?

But how can they be different if they are completely the same in the settings they offer both with and without the app?
That's not what he said. He said that the popup appears without the Mi AI app, he said nothing about the settings screen.

In anyway, this is not a problem, not a bug, and none of my business.
Xiaomi decided that the popup and the settings screen are only available to China region.
So if you want to complain, go to official Xiaomi forums, and if you want to hack around that restriction, go ahead, on your own unpaid time.
I don't have the headset and I'm not going to waste time on trying to blindly patch this nonsense.

Actually there is something interesting here, though I cannot confirm why this is happening. I am back to Region Germany, however now if I go to the bluetooth settings, I can access to some settings of the Flipbuds Pro through there, which definitely was NOT possible before I changed the regions in the first place. Missing the popup is I guess not THAT bad. It seems that the settings there are not the full ones and the translations seem to be a bit off so it is rather confusing. Let's hope this gets fixed/added in a new update to MIUI (and by that also to Xiaomi.EU).

TL;DR : After setting the region to china once and back later you retain access to some of the settings through the bluetooth menu. The settings menu seems to be unfinished though with limited selection of options for gestures for example.

Actually there is something interesting here, though I cannot confirm why this is happening. I am back to Region Germany, however now if I go to the bluetooth settings, I can access to some settings of the Flipbuds Pro through there, which definitely was NOT possible before I changed the regions in the first place. Missing the popup is I guess not THAT bad. It seems that the settings there are not the full ones and the translations seem to be a bit off so it is rather confusing. Let's hope this gets fixed/added in a new update to MIUI (and by that also to Xiaomi.EU).

TL;DR : After setting the region to china once and back later you retain access to some of the settings through the bluetooth menu. The settings menu seems to be unfinished though with limited selection of options for gestures for example.
I just want to make sure i get it right if i install miui.eu rom and change the region to china the pop up and the full sitting menu will be there without needing to install miai?