Xiaomi MI 10 5G bricked? Need help.

Torashaza

Members
Apr 10, 2021
Waited a week and unlocked the bootloader and followed guides but nothing seems to work. TWRP will install an operating system and says its successful but phone just boots to TWRP or Fastboot. Most TWRP versions that were said to work with the phone didn't.

Marvin - Thanks for reply. Tried formatting data multiple times. :( I'm afraid I've corrupted it somehow by following a guide that says it works for mi 10, but doesn't.

Blastboom - Thanks so much for reply. I haven't seen this guide yet and will look over and try it today.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Marvin - Thanks for reply. Tried formatting data multiple times. :( I'm afraid I've corrupted it somehow by following a guide that says it works for mi 10, but doesn't.

Blastboom - Thanks so much for reply. I haven't seen this guide yet and will look over and try it today.
I think I might have an idea of what happened: did you format the system partition? If yes, that might be the reason why this problem occured. If things are bad for the phone, use the official xiaomi flashtool to flash the stock rom and then unlock the booloader (I think there won't be amy waiting period this time) and do the whole process again.

Reactions: Torashaza
Blastboom - I flashed the TWRP and the phone just boots right back into Fastboot and won't even boot into TWRP. :(

Ok, so follow this guide here:
And get your FASTBOOT rom from here:
(In the first link, there is also a link to fastboot roms, but I didn't find mi 10 there.)
@Torashaza

Thanks so much for the help. I've just tried to do the method you linked and I'm getting these errors:

From this it looks like the system partition IS deleted? Any idea if theres any way the phone can actually be fixed from this?

Thanks so much for the help. I've just tried to do the method you linked and I'm getting these errors:

View attachment 35943View attachment 35944View attachment 35947

From this it looks like the system partition IS deleted? Any idea if theres any way the phone can actually be fixed from this?
i would recommend not doing it by executing the bat file.
Get that program, the newest 20210226 one, extract the file and run XiaoMiFlash.exe as admin, select the rom by going on select, go the rom,dont select the images folder.
get your phone to fastboot, connect it to the PC, click on refresh, and choose the option in the bottom right corner "clean all"
don't select "clean all and lock"

Since you have the Mi10, which Boardname is called umi
download the fastboot rom from here

View attachment 35943View attachment 35944View attachment 35947

Oh it seems like it cant detect the rom you have installed. :emoji_laughing:
I was going to write a small guide, but @xMarvin732 probably made a better.
What I'd add: get the drivers:
Install the drivers from this site https://flashxiaomi.com/xiaomi-mi-10-usb-driver/
Qualcomm drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mclznqmya1s5i8c/qualcomm_driver.zip
Adb driver: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/latest_usb_driver_windows.zip (as you may see, when intstalling this driver there are options to install bootloader and composite adb interface drivers, install them too)

Thanks both of you. I followed both your steps exactly and flash is sticking here and eventually times out. Tried again just in case and same result.

Thanks both of you. I followed both your steps exactly and flash is sticking here and eventually times out. Tried again just in case and same result.

View attachment 35949View attachment 35952
hmm it says its missmatching image and device at getvar product.
do you have adb tools installed?
If yes, open up the cmd and get your phone into fastboot.
then type in cmd fastboot getvar product

Definitely not lite. I did get it on ebay though. Is it possible the previous owner could have done something? They said it's global and they'd had it for 7 months. Everything worked 100% perfect before I tried to root it. (BIG regret now, lol)

Just to know, if things go very bad, you could probably just set it to edl mode and get it to a certified technician that has the edl license to ~completely format it.

Didn't come with the box unfortunately. Again, really appreciate the help.

Yup here is the link:

since it shows you have umi, and the link is mi 10.
try flashing the newest EEA (european) version
download the fastboot version

umi_eea_global_images_V12.2.7.0.RJBEUXM_20210301.0000.00_11.0_eea_baa6ab19d9.tgz

if it still doesnt work, i could think of trying it on a different PC

Tried twice with the newest EEA version. Going to try with another PC later and will update. "Super" errors I've seen a LOT.
@Blastboom Strice Yup, tried that ROM thank you though. That's good to know alls not lost. At this point I'd LOVE to pay a guy with EDL access to fix this.

Tried twice with the newest EEA version. Going to try with another PC later and will update. "Super" errors I've seen a LOT.
@Blastboom Strice Yup, tried that ROM thank you though. That's good to know alls not lost. At this point I'd LOVE to pay a guy with EDL access to fix this.

View attachment 35955
View attachment 35956
I have read online that you should maybe try using another cable and different usb port, maybe usb 2

and since you truly have umi.
try this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

!!! SUCCESS. Using a different PC worked. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how or why.. used exact same cable, exact same roms(transferred over from other pc) and exact same steps. It even errored out and worked anyway? Thank you SO much both of you for your help.

Here's the weird error but it worked anyway:
9e1d9d4a3244ec3d7e8b777f2a23d630.png

• Wow
Reactions: Blastboom Strice