Xiaomi mi 11 quality battery replacement ?

snow1

Members
Sep 10, 2017
Hi, having owned the mi 11 for 2 years 6 months as expected battery degradation is to be expected I get around 4hrs SOT thats with 120hz and always on display , still happy with its peformance and screen I dont remember but I think I used to get around 5-6hrs SOT, As I know many sell poor quality batteries any places that sell the good quality ? I found ifixit which seems trusted source might buy from them , the replacing doesnt look that difficult

Thanks

did you replace it already? i also owned the mi 11 venus for 2 years, o am willing to change to the 13 ULTRA just because of this battery issue
havent , still deciding the Oneplus 12 CN version has me interested and it can be flashed with oxygen now and bootloader can be locked so no worries about stuff not working now or in the future, but also still happy with the mi 11 performance no lags just runs great and fast but battery letting it down I get around 4hrs SOT but does make it into the evening , I wondering just replacing the battery it will give it a new lease of life and can skip upgrading for another year and get bigger jump when upgrading , Also as its my main phone bit nervous just incase I mess it up replacing the battery I should be fine but always have that worry, I did just replace battery on old Mi 9T and the difference is very noticable

Guess I could setup the mi 9t while I change battery on the mi 11 just for backup if anything wrong happens and later maybe find even better price on oneplus 12 ? decisions decisions

havent , still deciding the Oneplus 12 CN version has me interested and it can be flashed with oxygen now and bootloader can be locked so no worries about stuff not working now or in the future, but also still happy with the mi 11 performance no lags just runs great and fast but battery letting it down I get around 4hrs SOT but does make it into the evening , I wondering just replacing the battery it will give it a new lease of life and can skip upgrading for another year and get bigger jump when upgrading , Also as its my main phone bit nervous just incase I mess it up replacing the battery I should be fine but always have that worry, I did just replace battery on old Mi 9T and the difference is very noticeable

Guess I could setup the mi 9t while I change battery on the mi 11 just for backup if anything wrong happens and later maybe find even better price on oneplus 12 ? decisions decisions
the oneplus 12 is a hell of a flagship with bootloader unlock and lock capability within seconds, i will order that phone and benefit from its greatness, however you dont get much user experience like you do on MIUI or HyperOS, i guess you just need to be careful and replace that battery with this ifixit one because it seems very legit to me. if you just follow the right steps to do so then you should be fine and the phone will boost up and it will be great just like when we did unbox it first time( battery is just a pain in the ass in this device especially that 120Hz screen that swallows all the energy because of the LTPO lack)
anyway i will get a 13 ULTRA by the spring holiday and for you, yes the oneplus 12 is very nice but remember that you will say goodbye to hyperOS and all the upcoming features that comes with it

Reactions: snow1
the oneplus 12 is a hell of a flagship with bootloader unlock and lock capability within seconds, i will order that phone and benefit from its greatness, however you dont get much user experience like you do on MIUI or HyperOS, i guess you just need to be careful and replace that battery with this ifixit one because it seems very legit to me. if you just follow the right steps to do so then you should be fine and the phone will boost up and it will be great just like when we did unbox it first time( battery is just a pain in the ass in this device especially that 120Hz screen that swallows all the energy because of the LTPO lack)
anyway i will get a 13 ULTRA by the spring holiday and for you, yes the oneplus 12 is very nice but remember that you will say goodbye to hyperOS and all the upcoming features that comes with it

Im not to fussed with the features as long I get the stock Android features, and oxygen looks good from the reviews I've seen doesnt look bloated either, after close to 3 years with Mi 11 I fancy upgrade now and Oneplus 12 be nice jump 5400mah and LTPO that drops to 1hz also the CN version has band 20 which the recent CN xiaomi dont anymore, flash and just lock the bootloader and forget about it and gets updates as normal

Then I tell myself just replace the battery on Mi 11 because it still runs great and probably give me 5+hrs SOT with it at 120hz which means will last me into the late evening and skip another year to upgrade so can get bigger jump when with the next releases . I've never kept phone this long because the performance is still really good doesnt lag at all

I keep flip flopping back and forward :rolleyes:

anyway good luck :)

Reactions: kearmau5
Im not to fussed with the features as long I get the stock Android features, and oxygen looks good from the reviews I've seen doesnt look bloated either, after close to 3 years with Mi 11 I fancy upgrade now and Oneplus 12 be nice jump 5400mah and LTPO that drops to 1hz also the CN version has band 20 which the recent CN xiaomi dont anymore, flash and just lock the bootloader and forget about it and gets updates as normal

Then I tell myself just replace the battery on Mi 11 because it still runs great and probably give me 5+hrs SOT with it at 120hz which means will last me into the late evening and skip another year to upgrade so can get bigger jump when with the next releases . I've never kept phone this long because the performance is still really good doesnt lag at all

Hi. I don't know how people are getting 5+ hours of SOT with Mi 11 ultra. I am lucky if I can get 3.5 hours of continuous use or max 2 hours during the day with phone on idle and sometimes checking messages or watching short videos on YT. Currently on MIUI 14.0.13 .

you cant imagine how this SD 888 device still performs like a 2024 flagship, the thing thats makes you keep it however the screen and the battery are too big red flags

Reactions: snow1
Hi. I don't know how people are getting 5+ hours of SOT with Mi 11 ultra. I am lucky if I can get 3.5 hours of continuous use or max 2 hours during the day with phone on idle and sometimes checking messages or watching short videos on YT. Currently on MIUI 14.0.13 .
i believe the ultra has a solid 5000mAh battery right ?

i believe the ultra has a solid 5000mAh battery right ?
Might be a game changer for other phones with smaller battery, but in the Mi 11 ultra it is poorly optimized, debloated, all background apps closed, stopped, I get a 8-9% drop in 7 hours of sleep. Hard to get more than 3 hours SOT during the day

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-23-10-40-12-825_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-23-10-40-12-825_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 61
Might be a game changer for other phones with smaller battery, but in the Mi 11 ultra it is poorly optimized, debloated, all background apps closed, stopped, I get a 8-9% drop in 7 hours of sleep. Hard to get more than 3 hours SOT during the day
You should be lucky, i have 4600mAh and keeping scenarios option enabled gets me around 9 to 10% battery loss overnight.

you cant imagine how this SD 888 device still performs like a 2024 flagship, the thing thats makes you keep it however the screen and the battery are too big red flags
its bit power hungry but performance cant complain, just would have been nice if it had LTPO or drop to 30hz I also have display always on and that stays at 60hz :rolleyes: , I dont game I currently get around 4hrs SOT thats with 120hz and FHD+ according to Accu battery health is 76%

its bit power hungry but performance cant complain, just would have been nice if it had LTPO or drop to 30hz I also have display always on and that stays at 60hz :rolleyes: , I dont game I currently get around 4hrs SOT thats with 120hz and FHD+ according to Accu battery health is 76%
Me too, very sad for us....AOD and 120Hz everyday...now i am always carrying an extra charger and a power bank with me to work, inside the car and pretty much everywhere, battery became less important to me now but this doesn't avoid the fact that we should change it and just keep it for work and office stuff, (at lease that's what i think)

Me too, very sad for us....AOD and 120Hz everyday...now i am always carrying an extra charger and a power bank with me to work, inside the car and pretty much everywhere, battery became less important to me now but this doesn't avoid the fact that we should change it and just keep it for work and office stuff, (at lease that's what i think)
I've ordered the battery will see how much improvement it makes, if its enough I'll probably skip upgrading till next year releases

OH NICE, DID YOU ATTACH THE SAME IFIXIT UNIT ?
yeah from Ifixit , other places are cheaper but unsure about quality , with ifixit at least I dont need to worry about quality , I can make it to bedtime now with 20-30% left with same usage before depending on usage would need charging around 6pm-8pm , so with that I will hold out for upgrade and see what next year releases are set to offer and hopefully get bigger jump :) Oneplus 12 looks very good amazing battery life but want to get away from curved screens now see what we have next year and decide also still have hyper os to try out

Last edited:
thats a good news, how is the battery performance with this new battery? can you estimate considering 120hz refresh rate always on + no battery saver on?

thats a good news, how is the battery performance with this new battery? can you estimate considering 120hz refresh rate always on + no battery saver on?
My settings and usage are the same before and now with battery replaced, 120hz + always on display and fhd, now I can make it to bed around 12am and still have 20%-30% left before battery would be empty by 6-9pm

I also think a factory reset would help, maybe will when hyper os is available

Last edited: