Xiaomi Mi Camera 2K (Magnetic Mount) SD card error problem

mp303

Members
Nov 20, 2022
Hello,

I bought a Xiaomi Mi Camera 2K (Magnetic Mount) BHR5255GL model a month ago, inserted 32gb card and it worked fine for like 10 days (streaming via MiHome and recording to SD card).
After that I found out when remotely accessing it to playback the videos that it said Error # please format SD card.
The card had space; I did format it, it recorded for a couple of days and stopped with the error message again.
I switched another SD card 32gb, changed the power plug and it worked fine for 7 days till again today it said error format the sd card.
Did anyone had a similar situation?

Reactions: Pascardoso
Hello,

I bought a Xiaomi Mi Camera 2K (Magnetic Mount) BHR5255GL model a month ago, inserted 32gb card and it worked fine for like 10 days (streaming via MiHome and recording to SD card).
After that I found out when remotely accessing it to playback the videos that it said Error # please format SD card.
The card had space; I did format it, it recorded for a couple of days and stopped with the error message again.
I switched another SD card 32gb, changed the power plug and it worked fine for 7 days till again today it said error format the sd card.
Did anyone had a similar situation?
I am facing the same in two cameras.

i have the exact same issue. it records for 1-2 days then throws an error. using 32G sd cards but capacity is never reached since the error keeps happening.

Hi guys, I solved my problem with buying a new sd card specified for surveillance use.
It is strange because the old ones I ysed were specified for that use too.

Hi guys, I solved my problem with buying a new sd card specified for surveillance use.
It is strange because the old ones I ysed were specified for that use too.
can you share what brand/make of sd cards you got that worked (and didn’t work)? not really sure what to look for

I got a Sandisk 32gb u3 v10 cards 1672560227362.png
The older ones I tried were similar (cant remember the details but one was taken from my dashcam, endurance/video surveillance capable too)

Hello there, I have the same memory card mentioned above (Sandisk 32GB U3 V10) but I'm facing exactly the same issue. It works for a while but it always ends with an error - please format SD card. Is there any other solution?

EDIT: I can't even format the card directly in camera using Xiaomi Home mobile app. I have to remove the card, format in PC and then return to camera.

same problem. when the card is full it stop recording. it should erase older videos to record new but it doesn't. I cannot even format it from app. I have to remove it and plug the card again and reboot in order to read the SD card and format it. the card is new u3 sandisk

Reactions: betabeta1
same problem. when the card is full it stop recording. it should erase older videos to record new but it doesn't. I cannot even format it from app. I have to remove it and plug the card again and reboot in order to read the SD card and format it. the card is new u3 sandisk
Yes, same problem. When the card is full, the camera stops recording. I have to format the card again. I have two!!! different types of XIAOMI camera. Xiaomi Mi 360* Home Security Camera 2K Pro otthoni biztonsági kamera (XMM360HSC2KPRO), Xiaomi Imilab EC3 Pro.

:(