New Xiaomi MI2: Graphical issue

Guys can you post the manufacturer date from MI2 box? Mine is from 2012.12.

Wysłane z MI 2

No. Not yet.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Update:

I've talked a lot with Xiaomi support they are not familiar with the graphics bug at all. According to them I am the only person who reported it.

Can someone here who knows Chinese write about this in the Chinese forum to see if there are other people who encountered the same issue? I really don't want to get stuck with this stupid bug for the life span of the device.

Thank you very much.

Weird.. Never experienced that issue.

How do I check the manufacturing date of mine?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I got the manufacturing date from the phone's box on the back.

I get it a lot on the messaging app, the calendar and mail. I also get a status bar distortion in the web browser, I see that the status bar curves a little bit from the top left.

As I said I get it on the top but when I hold the device upside down, the bug "turns" with it so that it is now on the bottom!

This indicates that this is a SW issue.

BTW, I went to Quallcomm's website and saw that there are screen drivers for Android 4.1 and 4.2. I guess that as we have Android 4.1, we use the older version, I would like to implement the new drivers with our ROM and see if it helps to overcome the issue.

I'll appreciate if someone can help me in this as I'm not a programmer...

Mixing drivers is usually a bad idea and as I got no problems I wont do it either but.. Sure why not give it a try. Just make a backup first.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Now I have an answer from xiaomi support: they say "just upgrade to v5". But if I'm right v5 started at miui 3.3.1, and I had 3.3.8 and now 3.3.15, and it's still there.
I let my guy in China know. It just takes a while, because he has to get everything translated by his girl who isnative speaker.
So you guys do your updates, tell if the issue persists and wait for next answer... hopefully a better one ;-)

First of all Marqc, thanks for sharing a possibility of fixing the issue.

I am on the latest V5 on both partitions after wipes and I still have it, the glitch is located on the same place as before on the GUI but looks a little bit different.

I write GUI, because when I turn the device upside down, I have the issue on the same place of the GUI, but is is on the bottom side which means that it can be fixed with the SW.

Hopefully we'll get a concrete answer for this.

I can confirm, issue still occurring on 3.3.8 but there's new behaviour. As you can see on the screens it shows also in SMS pop-up at the left bottom and it goes up when keyboard slides out.

dybejy9a.jpg

3y3upyty.jpg

It will be an absurd if it is a SW issue that won't be fixed... We need more people to make pressure on Xiaomi.

Hi.

Please write to Xiaomi's support in their chat about this: http://www.xiaomi.com/c/service/

The chat is translated with Google translate to Chinese (back and forth).

Make sure that the tech support person understands that he should forward the chat to the developers

Hopefully this will create some pressure on this.

Thanks.

Yes, I tried it but it is the same. I didn't restored the apps immediately, just tried to look for the bug again and it was still there. I wiped the device a lot and it is a waste of time.

Xiaomi support always told me to wipe and reinstall, but it never helped. They simply prefer to not deal with the problem and accuse the customers.

Can you have a look at the phone for a while as it is connected to the charger? Today I had the impression that the glitch was gone when plugged.

I tried and still have it. I got tired of debugging it, Xiaomi need to update the graphics drivers in this device, I'm sure that everyone has graphic glitches in this way or another. I understood that we are not talking about Samsung but still they need to make their minimal QA for their SW.
The hardware alone is not as important.

So, do the graphics drivers come with a ROM or is it something deeper? There should be a way to communicate this problem to the chinese Devs, maybe via miuiandroid. I think (hope) they are in kinda contact and could tell them better than us via mail or chats.
Just the question remains: who to contact here?

My guy in China talked to the xiaomi service and is waiting for an answer, but he already gave me his adress to send it back :-(

Have you tried to restore your phone with Miflash?

Miflash flashes the firmware like fastboot (fastboot is used by aosp/nexus and other phones). It's diffrent then a recovery flash or using the updater app.

If this issue is a SW problem this is maybe the only way to solve it.

Edit: have you tried stock android jellybean? If it occurs on stock android jellybean too then it's probably a HW issue.

I had stock android on my phone once, but can't remember if the issue occurred.
Could you give a tutorial or a link to one for using miflash and/or fastboot. Getting the phone rooted, getting CWM and using it was no problem, but I am totally new to miflash and fastboot...
thanks in advance

Thank you. that was fast. But one more question: is there really a difference betwaeen flashing via recovery and fastboot.
I found this:
http://en.miui.com/thread-1689-1-1.html
first phrase:
FIRST DISCLAIMER: ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE NO ACCESS TO RECOVERY AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE FLASHED THIS WAY TWICE AND IT WORKED FINE.
so what could be a reason to use fastboot instead of CWM?