New Xiaomi MI2: Graphical issue

Fastboot is capable of flashing the device even when Android is not loaded/installed.

It's more a final recovery tool. It reflashes the partitions but recovery is doing that too.

I can't explain the real diffrences nor I can't gaurantee that this fixes your porblem.

maybe anyone with the problem already tried this before and can report success or fail!
for some reason I hesitate to miflash my phone, but if it's a last chance, I'll do

Ok, I couldn't wait. Did a nandroid backup, flashed stock android via miflash to get a new clean system, just kept data on SD card. But glitch appeared pretty fast. So I got back to my old system and will send the phone to my contact in China. He asked me how much his service would be worth? what do you think. If anyone here wants to get his phone to xiaomi service via a reliable contact, let me know. I thought 25€ plus shipping should be ok, but he still didn't answer.
If anyone here is interested, let me know, and I'll give you his contact mail. He bought my phone there, checked it for wrong pixels, got me some extras (backcocer, bigger battery, shield) and sent it to me. He now will take care of the repair/refund logistics.
I am now sure that it's a hardware problem.

Hi Marqc,

I want to send it also through your contact. I purchased the phone through AliExpress but I understand that I can prefer to send it through your contact as it is under the warranty of the manufacturer so it should be the same. I'm from Israel, please let me know.

Fixed in the latest V5 3.3.29!

I almost sent the device to China for repair but I updated to the latest V5 and haven't seen this problem anymore!
I had it a minute before the update so something in the new ROM solved the problem completely.
Please confirm that it worked on your device as well.

Yes I know. You can tell your person to send it back instead of wasting time sending it to the manufacturer.
You can trust me on this, I was very upset with it and I can assure you that it is resolved now with the latest version although I'm not sure what exactly was the problem...

I still can't believe that it's just been a software issue, and just a couple of guys have it. Could you try and miflash android stock on the phone and see what happens?

During the last week I tried MiFlash several times with different ROMS: stock and MIUI of JLB and dev versions, all showed the same issue. I did wipes of the internal storage and not only the data just in case.
Anyhow, on last Friday, I flashed the last DEV version from this site without any wipe and got rid of that issue. I was skeptical at first but this is the third day with it and it really solved the issue.

That's an interesting progress but very good news. I hope for you it stays away now!

As my phone is already on the way to China (or hopefully already there), I'll make sure there is no hardware problem, because I'm really wondering why there were such few people with that issue.