Xiaomi Mi2 Internal/External Storage?

Doug Wee

Members
Jan 2, 2013
Hi, first of all, I would like to apologize for my noobness.

I have the 16 gb Mi2 model, and my internal storage is approximately 3.5 gb. However, I can't seem to be able to utlize the rest of the space, especially to transfer my installed apps over. Apps2SD does not work. :( How can I transfer my apps over to my external storage?

Hi, first of all, I would like to apologize for my noobness.

I have the 16 gb Mi2 model, and my internal storage is approximately 3.5 gb. However, I can't seem to be able to utlize the rest of the space, especially to transfer my installed apps over. Apps2SD does not work. :( How can I transfer my apps over to my external storage?
What you mean by internal Storage, internal /data storage or internal sdcard?

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Um, I think I mean the internal storage, as in the phone is separated into internal and external storage, right? Currently all my apps are installed on my internal storage, which says: "636 MB used, 2.8 GB free" when I check Settings > Apps.

q7qqv
(http://prntscr.com/q7qqv)

why you want to move apps to external storage ?
3.0Gb is not enough for your Apps?

If I don't use the rest of the space, I don't know what to use it for lol. Used to transfer apps over to an external SD card last time.
Then how do you use the rest of your 10 GB, hadron? o_O

put some movies or install games like need for speed or asphalt 7 they will all of their data into sdcard partition. So if you are moving apps from internal to external then what will you do with that much internal storage free ;)

Ohh, you mean apps will automatically transfer their data over into the sdcard partition? Haha, it's just other phones that I've used divided their storage space into partitions of internal and external storage. Most apps are installed on the internal storage, but I could transfer part of them into the external (virtual) storage via Apps2SD. Kinda different with the mi2 though, so was wondering how I could do the same. :)

the reason people use the App2sd is the low internal phone memory on some old phone. so when people install too many apps, their internal memory is reduced/filled. So to install more apps they use APp2SD kind of things to move app data to free som space in internal storage but on Mi2 internal space is already so big for application (more than 3Gb) so no one need to use the APP2SD data application, and thats the reason its not supported on Mi2. Just use your phone normally you dont need app2sd for any reason.

i got the same problem, my internal storage on my mi2 is full, and i am not able to install any more apps, my external (sd-mount) has loads of free gb's. What to do ?

To full internal storage you would have to install hundreds of apps. How many apps you have? I suggest to delete some.

Wysłane z MI 2

To full internal storage you would have to install hundreds of apps. How many apps you have? I suggest to delete some.

Wysłane z MI 2

Really? the only way is to delete some ? got about 170 apps but i thought the mi2 would manage that.. :(

Lol. 3GB for apps is one of the largest amount of memory for user data in today phones. I bet you use only 50% of that.

Reactions: Zpider
Lol. 3GB for apps is one of the largest amount of memory for user data in today phones. I bet you use only 50% of that.

well the problem has not been solved. i used app2sd to see that most of my apps are installed on phone and not sd-mount. app2sd suggest that they can be moved over to SD but there is no way doing so on my mi2. dont know what to do, i have 17gb free on SD but the phone is nearly full and not able to install any more... :(

Well because app2sd aplication doesnt support MI2 mounting. Thats all. But I dont understand the problem... Just delete half of the apps that you have and problem solved. I bet you're not using 170 apps everyday.

Same problem here.

I don't use 280 apps everyday. But I want all in my phone :D

Must be a way for make partitioning...

There is. Android is linux so you can always partition your MI-2 as you want If you know how.

Hey I know old discussion but eitherway, I solved the Problem, using Root Explorer.
You can Save APKs from Data/Apps/ on your External Storage and use the Shortcut Function of Root explorer to create a Symlink in Data/Apps.. In Addition you can do the same thing with Folders in Data/Data/com.*.*/Files and Data/Data/com.*.*/Cach but they have to be moved to ExternalStorage/Android/Data/com.*.* otherwise you may get an Insufficent Data Error or other Problems.
Apks moving worked for every apk of me until know and Data too, but i've only used it with realy huge Data Folders.
This won't work with real SD cards, because they don't support Symlinks. They will be deleted on boot.

Hey I know old discussion but eitherway, I solved the Problem, using Root Explorer.
You can Save APKs from Data/Apps/ on your External Storage and use the Shortcut Function of Root explorer to create a Symlink in Data/Apps.. In Addition you can do the same thing with Folders in Data/Data/com.*.*/Files and Data/Data/com.*.*/Cach but they have to be moved to ExternalStorage/Android/Data/com.*.* otherwise you may get an Insufficent Data Error or other Problems.
Apks moving worked for every apk of me until know and Data too, but i've only used it with realy huge Data Folders.
This won't work with real SD cards, because they don't support Symlinks. They will be deleted on boot.
How do u create symlink?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4g ( the "g" is for graveyard not for great )...with tapatalk 26°

With the Root explorer App.
1. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ longpress on *.apk and choose move
2. Go to a Directiory on your External Storage for me ExternalStorage/Sdcard/Apks/ and "Paste" it
3. Long Press on Moved *.Apk scroll down the option list and chose "create shortcut" on the Bottom
4. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ and press "create"
Repeat this for all Apks you want.

With Root Explorer you will see that the with "creat Shortcut" created Apk needs no storage its 0.00 Byte
If you also have Solide Explorer you can also see that its a shortcut and see the Directory of it.
(I mainly use Solide Explorer because its better for Daily use but the shortcut/Symlink Function of Root Explorer is much better, thats why I've noticed this.)
I would recommend you to buy both of this apps.
(Root Explorer is also in RomToolbox thats where I have it from.)