Xiaomi mi2s beeps

Vman83

Members
Jul 20, 2013
Today, after being fine about 2 month, suddenly my XIAOMI MI2S began making noises, beeping.
I restored all settings to factory settings and rebooted the device- it did not help.
The noise was very loud, it was not continuous but it repeated every few minutes.
The annoying noise did not disappeared even after i powered off the device.

What may be the problem ?

Flashing and Rom updating are new for me , can you please guide me thru the process ?
I downloaded the last Rom (3.7.19) , do I flash before or after updating the Rom to newer version ?

What triggered the beeping? Have u been updating the ROM every week? Did you recently drop the device, expose it to moisture, etc?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

I think that the trigger was the power supply of the phone, a few minutes ago I heard a loud beep
it came from the power supply. To be sure that the phone is ok , I placed it near to my ear , the beep came out from the device as well :(
but the sound was much less louder than the loud noise from the power supply.

I havn't updated the ROM since I bought the device, about 2 month ago .
I didn't drop or expose it to sun\moisture, etc

Just to be clear: you have original MI2?

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Before updating ROM , I would like to make sure that 3.7.19 is the most stable ROM available ?

Before buying the device, in all reviews I saw that the ROM is updated practically on a weekly base
and the way to renew the ROM is by using online update function witch I can use
after entering "phone about>update..."
I didn't succeed updating the ROM automatically , what is the proper way to update?

Our rom is different than China stock. Once you get it installed it's best to stick with our weekly updates. To install our rom just download it and put to phone. Then open Updater and install it manually using Install from SD.

But with your problems I suggest to first wipe device and install stock dev rom (3.6.28) using Mi Flash and then install our weekly rom.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Can you be more specific , what are the main differences? 3.7.19 is your version
but how can I recognize the Chinese version ?

Well Chinese version is...over miui.com. Not here. Differences? Theres a thread on this forum that has all differences over China rom.

I think you should just read more our forum. All your questions have been already answered.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2