Xiaomi Mi3 - Broken SIM slot

Hi Lads.
I managed to repair the pins without soldering or taking the metal thing off. If you want to know how, please contact me...

Just joking ;) Here is what I did:

I had two broken pins. I tried a lot and finally this worked for me:
First I ordered a new sim card reader (the one thats used for Nokia Lumia 920/1020, you can get those for less than 5 euro..)
I put some aluminum foil under the remaining parts of the broken pins. Then i snitched off two pins of the new reader and stuck them between the aluminum and the remaining pin-bits. With some more alu I managed the pins to "stand up" like the rest of them. Now very carefully I inserted the sim card and after a few frustrating tries it worked.

This might not be a very professional solution but probably more professional than some of our soldering would be ;)
I hope the pins dont get loose after a while but the pressure of the sim card should keep them in their place. I even had to eject the sim card (to put the case back on) but luckily its still working.

I hope this helps some of you guys (Y)

Ya thr
Hello to everyone,

thanks to my lack of knowledge and stupidity I ended up with broken pins on SIM card reader (yes ... micro SIM adapter). I'd like to ask whether there is some easier fix for this problem than replacement of complete motherboard?

Thanks for your replies
. Ya thr are
Hi,

Where are you living? There is a "not official" Miui Service (ibuygou) center in Bulgari. They can change the WHOLE mainboard. The cost is 220 USD + 20 USD for repair.... I think it is very very expensive :(

Best regards, junaid batt
Ya thr r Many ways

I managed to repair my Mi3 without removing the metal holder. If you're interested in knowing how, just say.

I had the same problem. I broke all the pins.
How to change the SIM connector. I guess it is necessary to remove previously the metal cover. But how to remove it? is it soldered aswell so you have to undolder to be able to remove it?