xiaomi mi3 screen broken, only digitizer not working but have to replace LCD and digitizer both!

Nimesh Keyal

Members
Nov 14, 2014
Hello folks,
My Xiaomi MI3's screen cracked by falling, the display is working just fine but touch is only partly working, the upper left side touch is working ..else is not working. I went to service center, they are asking for $127 to repair it..which I think is too much.

display is working which means LCD is fine and touch is not working which means digitizer is not working..So I was wondering that could I replace only digitizer of device..or do I have to replace both LCD+digitizer.
And where should I buy it.I searched LCD+digitizer on xiaomishop.com but it is of $96 while the same thing is available for $50 - $60 in other E-commerce websites like ebay, alibaba, aliexpress etc..these website says its genuine and original product so I wonder why there is this price difference?
I should I buy these replacement part...where will I get original product?
will dissembling and assembling by own will void warrenty?

Ehm... You already off your warranty because you dropped the phone. Disassembling LCD frame is no easy task. You can damage the LCD trying that. You need hot air to take off the glass. It's better to replace the screen. It's about 100$.

Wysłane z MI4

Ehm... You already off your warranty because you dropped the phone. Disassembling LCD frame is no easy task. You can damage the LCD trying that. You need hot air to take off the glass. It's better to replace the screen. It's about 100$.

Wysłane z MI4
If it's repaired in official service centre, the warranty will be valid after the repair. But he'll have to pay for this repair. Am I right? Or phone drop cancels the warranty in full?

Depends on shops. But usually if user pays then it's not a problem.
For example in ibuygou.com they will repair the phone even if it's damaged twice.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: kirev
Display+Touch is pasted by glue
means you have to replace both.
or other solution is
go to local mobile repair shop
they will deattach touch from display with hot machine or blower.

Display+Touch is pasted by glue
means you have to replace both.
or other solution is
go to local mobile repair shop
they will deattach touch from display with hot machine or blower.
If local shop people c detach it then why can't xiaomi service center guys can't do it

Depends on shops. But usually if user pays then it's not a problem.
For example in ibuygou.com they will repair the phone even if it's damaged twice.

Wysłane z MI4
I could get it repaired for 5500 rs. From local shop.. but warranty will void

Hello folks,
My Xiaomi MI3's screen cracked by falling, the display is working just fine but touch is only partly working, the upper left side touch is working ..else is not working. I went to service center, they are asking for $127 to repair it..which I think is too much.

display is working which means LCD is fine and touch is not working which means digitizer is not working..So I was wondering that could I replace only digitizer of device..or do I have to replace both LCD+digitizer.
And where should I buy it.I searched LCD+digitizer on xiaomishop.com but it is of $96 while the same thing is available for $50 - $60 in other E-commerce websites like ebay, alibaba, aliexpress etc..these website says its genuine and original product so I wonder why there is this price difference?
I should I buy these replacement part...where will I get original product?
will dissembling and assembling by own will void warrenty?

The difference is that thay use different LCD . The best is original refurbished lcd . Otherse may use copy lcd . Actually ,the original refurbished LCD with bettery display performance . Hope this is helpful for you .

The difference is that thay use different LCD . The best is original refurbished lcd . Otherse may use copy lcd . Actually ,the original refurbished LCD with bettery display performance . Hope this is helpful for you .
Thanks, it was helpfull . Now I've decided to repair my phone from official service center..at least my warranty will not void and I'll have original quality screen