Xiaomi Mi4i Not Getting 3g (talkmobile) Uk

grootloot

Members
Jan 14, 2016
Hi this is my first post on this forum and was wondering if you guys could help me with my xiaomi mi 4i. I get 2G with my phone but I don't get 3G even though it says 3G in the top right hand corner. I have tried using developer options switching SIM slots and tried multiple APNs for the talkmobile network but am still not getting signal. I also checked the frequencies before I bought it and thought they were compatible. Has anyone had the same problem with talkmobile in the UK and knows how to fix it? and would installing the ROM from this site work/help? Thanks in advance.

Ps. sorry if ive put this in the wrong place or it has already been answered, haven't found a solution anywhere

After looking online for ages and not finding any APN's that worked I downloaded an app that had all APNs for different carriers world wide listed. Found the one that worked so now I can get 3G and possible 4G (don't have it) on my Xiaomi Mi 4i! If any one else has this problem with Talkmobile UK then try this APN:

Name: Talkmobile_Internet
MMSC: http://mms.talkmobile.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 9201
MCC: 234
MNC: 15

That should be all you need, hopefully this helps anyone with the same problem I had. :)