Xiaomi Mi5 Hardbrick

Popyman

Members
Aug 23, 2015
Hello, I need help, I have a Xiaomi MI5 with HARDBRICK and I managed to flash cable to connect to PC, but when I try to flash Miflash beta gives me "Can not read from port COM10" I do not understand why

Check at the Windows Device manager, that the Device is in EDL mode, with COM10 detected. If that s not the case, Flashing will not work

I had a hard brick last week. I tried the usb cable edl method (connect 2 of the 4 wires), but that didn't help. I reanimated my mi5 using the Vietnamese YouTube video. It was much easier than I thought. All you need is a sucker, a screwdriver and a paper clip to connect 2 points. After the connect I could enter recovery. Mi flash was no necessary.

Step 2 is boot the phone into recovery mode. That's the solution to a soft brick. If your phone is hard bricked (like mine was) it won't boot at all. So no possibility to get into recovery mode.

We used the method TestPoint for aca to get into the EDL, the phone found in management peripheral that Qualcomm 9008 when open MiFlash give refresh and appears COM 10 after flash gives me errors can't read from port COM10, I mention I have colleagues battery, I something wrong?

Reactions: ko3st68