Xiaomi Mi5 Pro Resuscitation Advice Please - Phone Shut Itself Down And Would Not Power Up

YuandMi

Members
Apr 12, 2017
Xiaomi Mi5 Pro 4GB 128GB Snapdragon 820 4G LTE Smartphone MIUI 7 5.15 Inch 16MP camera White (I allowed automatic software update)

I bought this Mi5 Pro in June 2016. It worked fine until two days ago, when it shut down by itself while the Mi5 was in my bag. Since then it would not power up. It does not react to the power button being pressed. The phone has never been dropped or wet and has no physical damage to the hardware. A green light to the right of the MI logo comes on, otherwise the phone is dead. It is fully charged.

I bought this phone at full price from xiaomidevice.com, and so the phone is not tied to any fixed telecom company network contract. I use a Lycamobile and a Salt pay-as-you-go SIM.

What can I do to get the phone switched back on for use? Many thanks in advance. I am non-technical.

Put you phone for charging for at least 5-6 hours with good charging adapter (5V-2A is the best)
Install mi pc suite for drivers --> http://xiaomitips.com/download-mi-pc-suite-english-version/
Open the device manager in your pc
Press and old down the volume down & power buttons for 10-15 second or until you see in the phone screen the fastboot mode screen
If you phone dont show anything in the screen, check at the device manager for one new device like:
"Android Phone --> Android bootloader interface" or
"Android Device > Android bootloader interface"

If you cant see anything probably you have hardware problem :/

NasDriver, Thank you, will give it a try. I was just about to pack the phone to ship back to Shenzhen to Xiaomi support.
Have a good weekend.

I think it's a hardware problem, screen or motherboard :(
But at least you'll see where the problem is, on the screen or on the motherboard.

have a good weekend :)

NasDriver, After fully charging still neither fastboot nor attempt by my PC to mount the MI5 resuscitated it. Before the fault occurred I had successfully transferred files from the MI5 to my PC. After the fault appeared my PC detected the existence of the MI5 but could not mount it. But most recently not even detecting the MI5 was connected to it. The MI5 has now been shipped back to Xiaomi in Shenzhen. Hopefully just a batch problem. Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: NasDriver