Xiaomi Mi9 very strange problem [touchscreen]

karolekpro

Members
Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a very strange problem with my Mi9: whenever i make a call or listen to WA audio (in earpiece mode) for more than 1 minute ca, then when I am done calling or listening to audios the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. IIt just freezes. The screen seems to work properly as I see notifications and stuff even when the touchscreen freezes. Every button works fine, i can lock and unlock the screen normally but the touchscreen won't unfreeze. I need to reboot the phone and then everything works perfectly. This problem happens only when the proximity sensor is covered for more then 1 minute ca.
I already checked and the sensor works just fine. This problem happened on MIUI 20.3.26 and i even tried to hard reset it and downgraded to miui stable 10.0.9 or something like that. The problem is still here. Other than that the phone works normally, as always.

Somebody ever encountered such problem?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hey, my mi 9 started acting like this like week ago, i droped IT and then mi started to turn off randomly, my screen was broken before but i decided to replace for news one and now my phone acts exaclty like yours and from time to time IT turn off and dont want to turn on again i have to unscrew the battery and screen IT again.

Maybe now Do you know what causing this kind od problem with touch response after calls?