Xiaomi note can't update system from JHOCNBA17.0

ricma66

Members
Jul 15, 2014
Hi, I've just received my note and I can't update the system.
At the moment I have the version JHOCNBA17.0
Nobody seems to have this version and I'm a bit worried, should I?
Is it a legit version?
If I check for updates, it tells me I already have the latest version.
I've tried to download version 23 and 25, launched them it does the update but when I go back in the
system it looks like nothing happened, it still tell me I have this version 17 and not the 23 or 25 I've tried to install.

Anybody can help me in solving this problem and updating to the latest firmware?
Thanks in advance

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
Could you explain why I should unbrick? Does it means something is wrong (block) with my phone?
I find strange I can't find any info on the miui version I have, seems unknown altought the phone seems like
working well

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I'm really debated regarding fake or not because I read every single page available, I did all checks and I'm almost sure it's original (all data in cpu-z are ok) but the I have these problems:
- can't update OTA (the present one JHOCNBA17.0 I can't find it anywhere)
- when I go in recovery mode it doesn't see the sd card files no matter what I do so I can't update
- if I run Antutu X the score is a low (9200) if I run Antutu the score is 29000

I really can't understand for sure if fake or not, all seems ok but these 3 signs makes me worried
Is there any photo I can post that can help you tell me more?
Thanks in advance

P.S.
I can't use engeneering mode (only if I usemobileuncle tools) another sign it could be fake despite all other characterists are ok
but maybe if I could install v23 all these will go away

@ricma66 oh my god....I started to worry seeing ur info. Even I was very confident when I saw my device initially but slowly everything changed. Especially when I was not able to update any rom.

Are we seeing a new fake other than the ones most of us have currently. Coz even with my fake note I get 17k in antutu x....

I don't know what to say because the phone works perfectly in cpu-z everything checks out, I installed and can use any other app with no problem
Only major problems that makes me wonder:
- no engeneering mode (but can get QC Test menu)
- no Ota system update and very strage one on it JHOCNBA17.0
- doesn't see sd card when I go in recovery mode
- low score in antutu x but very high with antutu

But as said, the phone works perfectly, all key tech specifics in cpu-z looks perfectly

Hi, sorry but the link you posted doesn't take anywhere, could you please relink?
Thanks in advance

Follow Unofficial International MIUI / Xiaomi Phone Support
with Tapatalk for Android

Open in appInstallx

ForumsConversations>
Redmi note WCDMA
Edit ConversationMark as UnreadStar ConversationLeave Conversation

1. hadimanMembers
    Hi Pramod,

I buy redmi note, from aliexpress. And I found a similiar problem with your posting. Can you guide me step by step what should I do to get a newer rom.
    Note : My redmi note have no root access, system updates always back to home screen.
    hadiman, Sunday at 5:21 PMEditReport

2. pramodMembers
    Please use SP Flash tools and install the ROM. I given the link in the post.. Just follow the instructions.
    pramod, Sunday at 5:24 PMReport

3. pramodMembers
    CHeck the post no 65
    pramod, Sunday at 5:26 PMReport

4. pramodMembers
    This AliExpress has made fool to everyone. Lucky.. I didn't bought. About to buy it and also MiPad.

But finally bought from Singapore seller so that I can visit his shop to take delivery. And good., he replaced me with a new battery when I complained a day later about its discharging faster.
    pramod, Sunday at 5:28 PMReport

5. hadimanMembers
    Download SP Flash Tool in process.....but ROM ROOT.7z can't be download. I think the internet provider problem. any link for the packages ?
    hadiman, Sunday at 5:40 PMEditReport

6. pramodMembers
    Why.. Both links given in the posts are working. I did it yesterday only. OR you can ask the original poster to send you any mirror link.
    pramod, Sunday at 5:41 PMReport

7. pramodMembers
    Pls use it ONLY if its WCDMA 1w 2gb device.
    pramod, Sunday at 5:42 PMReport

8. hadimanMembers
    hadiman, Sunday at 5:50 PMEditReport

9. pramodMembers
    pramod, Sunday at 5:52 PMReport

10. hadimanMembers
    hadiman, Sunday at 6:00 PMEditReport

11. pramodMembers
    pramod, Sunday at 7:33 PMReport

12. pramodMembers
    pramod, Monday at 12:48 PMReport

13. hadimanMembers
    http://en.miui.com/thread-23259-1-1.html
    Then I run the instruction from Viktorx to update the system ROM
    Heres a link to ROM:
    http://goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miui...u_multi_lcsh92_wet_jb9_JHDCNBE23.0_jb-4.2.zip
    Just put it on internal or SD and navigate to Settings->About phone->System updates and then with menu button select update package and apply the update!

Thanks,
    Now my Redmi Note have a update ROM
    hadiman, Monday at 9:39 PMEditReport

14. pramodMembers
    pramod, Monday at 10:38 PMReport

Dear Pramod,
I'm successfully update the system to Xiaomi Redmi Note WCDMA - Stable 23.0.0 Multilang
But I'm running first Rom Flashing to Factory Installation from this link :http://en.miui.com/thread-23259-1-1.html
Then I run the instruction from Viktorx to update the system ROM
Heres a link to ROM:
http://goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miui...u_multi_lcsh92_wet_jb9_JHDCNBE23.0_jb-4.2.zip
Just put it on internal or SD and navigate to Settings->About phone->System updates and then with menu button select update package and apply the update!

Thanks,

Hi,
just found out for sure it's a fake.
Used app CPU / RAM / DEVICE Identifier and discovered that the cpu is only 4 core (6582)
cpu-z and Antutu were not effective, only Antutu X was useful (look at the cpu info to find more and also
Still a good phone but definatevely a fake

Hi,
just found out for sure it's a fake.
Used app CPU / RAM / DEVICE Identifier and discovered that the cpu is only 4 core (6582)
cpu-z and Antutu were not effective, only Antutu X was useful (look at the cpu info to find more and also
Still a good phone but definatevely a fake

I really feel sorry for u mate. The moment u said OTA is not working and antutu x gives u low score, I felt it was a fake....did u buy from that cheat named Amanda?

No, a seller on Ebay but got full refund so no loss for me but just a lot of dissappointment