Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x - Should I/you/we Upgrade..?

kanem0chi

Members
Dec 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

The Xiaomi RedMi Note 4X is an absolute Battery Monster with nearly 12 hours of onscreen time, but is it worth upgrading? HonorBuy asked me if I wanted to test this out with the new Xiaomi RedMi Note 4X. I decided to make a written review and video review, which I'd like to share with you. Is it a worthy upgrade over Note 4? Let me know in the comments..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The NEW Xiaomi RedMi Note 4 X.. although.. “new” might not be the correct word, however, its a commemorate to a Japanese Application and therefore brought into the market as a minor upgrade over its predecessor. Inside is where the main upgrade is for the RedMi Note 4X, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset. The old Redmi Note 4 uses a MediaTek Helio X20 chipset which is not shabby but having a Snapdragon onboard is always a plus. The version I have comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x has a 13MP main camera with an f/2.0 aperture and phase detection autofocus, dual-tone flash and top out at 1080p video. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x is a phone that will change your buying habits in the future because it casts a different light on flagships. Its metal evokes some high-end classics, the display is good, has European 4G bands, and an amazing battery life. With all this, you'd never guess it's a phone less than €200.

Thanks for watching,

Martin :)

Last edited:
I am actually considering changing, or I guess "downgrading" from my Mi 5 to this. I know it might sound weird at first, but i am really tired of running out of battery. And while this processor is much less powerful I will try it, and my guess that I will still find it "powerful enough". I will keep the Mi5 around if I find out that the power is not enough.

Right now I am just waiting for the 64 Gb version to become available.