Xiaomi SIM Activation SOLVED

nmercy

Members
Dec 27, 2019
Hi,
I can't activate sim card to use message and call history sync service of MiCloud.
The SIM activation process fails constantly... I tried all the options I find out there but none seems to make it work. I can send sms without problems even international one's I tried with two different countries with success, so doesn't seem to be a carrier restriction.

I attached a logcat to see if anyone could help me.
What I could see from the log are the numbers where it tries to send the activation sms, and I tried to send a sms manually to that numbers and the fail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

Resume

This service is the way that xiaomi use to validate/verify your phone number, to use services like Mi messages and backup your messages and phone call registry on Mi Cloud and it consists on sending en SMS from your phone to a xiaomi "server".

Solutions

Depending where you from may vary but it's very possible that the SMS is sent to an international number.
So first verify with your carrier that you can send international SMS.
Second that you have credit to send this SMS because it's very possible that you must pay for it.
And in the worst scenario if none of the two first option solved the problem your carrier has blocked the destination number so you must call them and see if they provide you a solution.

Thanks to all who contribute to this findings.

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Chu Bin
On a CN Rom with European SIM doesn't work either.

Tried several times.
I did a full Reset at the beginning so, the Rom is fresh.

Also KWai app can't be activated.

Redmi Note 7 Pro | Tapatalk

Several solutions here...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
Thanks but I already tried all of them without success

Thank you.

On my side I've allowed Mobile Data on X Services and X SIM service.

After that looking on how to start the activation process, arrived to Mi Messages and activated - couldn't been activated before. -

Since not sure if enought, found that:

And now it seems activated.

6445c32a4783dfbbcdbfc4144783305d.jpg

Last edited:
I have both permission and data usage enabled in the two xiaomi services and still didn't work.
I tried using different sms apps as suggested with no luck.

I call to my carrier and recheck if had any restriction in my line but they confirmed that everything is enabled.

It's known if the xiaomi service had region compatibility? Maybe isn't available in my country...

Last edited:

Here at least had something to do.

Even Kwai account works now.

This is an Spanish SIM.
I will do it later with a Global RN5 Pro and share the result.

Thank you both for the reminder and hints.

Glad to hear that.

Now I'm suspecting that it's my carrier whom don't let me send the activation sms. They must had black listed de activation number to avoid "unknown" charges conflict with clients...

Well finally I could find the problem, my carrier has blocked the activation number because they received multiple claims from clients who has send multiple SMS to the number unknowning about it.
They say that can be reactivated but on my own risk of charges...

Anyone who has active the service had problems with the phone sending multiple SMS or periodically sending them?

Wow,

Well, in activation steps, it says that "carrier charges could be applied".

One of the post has an option related to Messaging to avoid the sending.
Xiaomi Will send the SMS instead of you.

On the RN5Pro, can't activate it yet, but need to recheck.

I'll see whether it is the same situation or not.

Thanks for the update.

Wow,

Well, in activation steps, it says that "carrier charges could be applied".

One of the post has an option related to Messaging to avoid the sending.
Xiaomi Will send the SMS instead of you.

On the RN5Pro, can't activate it yet, but need to recheck.

I'll see whether it is the same situation or not.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the feedback

Well I can say that finally it's solved. I will edit first post with the info I gathered through this time to help anyone with this problem.

Reactions: ZalexT and iamme729
i got the same problem sometime when i ve done installing a fresh rom and setting in vietnamese language. then i changed the language to english and try to activate again, this time the sms app would asked for permission to send an sms to a number like xnxx. and the syncing successed

Go to Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> tap on the SIM card -> Edit SIM card number.
And add your phone number starting with the 00 international prefix and the country code.
E.g. 00691234567 (in case your phone number is 01234567 and your mobile country code is 69) Mind that the leading 0 is cut.
Do this on both SIM cards if you use two. Reboot.

Reactions: beyond666
Go to Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> tap on the SIM card -> Edit SIM card number.
And add your phone number starting with the 00 international prefix and the country code.
E.g. 00691234567 (in case your phone number is 01234567 and your mobile country code is 69) Mind that the leading 0 is cut.
Do this on both SIM cards if you use two. Reboot.
I have the same problem. I tried this, and also every other possible fix I could find online, still doesn't work.

I can sometimes receive calls, sometimes I can't, a lot of the times my outgoing calls get cancelled, sometimes they go through fine. The only consistent thing is that the SIM activation service doesn't work.

And yes, I've been to my phone operator and asked for a new SIM card just in case, tried changing the SIM slots too, still doesn't work.

So is my only hope waiting for a firmware update or something?

I had this issue after installing a custom rom. I had used a sync and restore app to restore my messages and call history, but somehow forget to re-set the messaging app as the default. Did that and issue solved.

Did anyone managed to solve this issue. Tried everything but didn't work
Nope, still the same problem. I guess I'd understand if it were just a permanent problem which would make return the phone with warranty but it's SO FRUSTRATING that it's a problem that sometimes occurs, sometimes not. Like wtf

Lol @olinko, I eventually removed the mi account from the device as it offered ~nothing. ~No more sim activation issues.
That's the least of my problems, sometimes there's just no service. Always at random of course. And it's not operator issues because my SIM works fine in any other phone

That's the least of my problems, sometimes there's just no service. Always at random of course. And it's not operator issues because my SIM works fine in any other phone
Hm, weird. How about pressing the antenna cables inside? (They are some very thin black stiff cables that have golden connectors.) It may not work, but still. Also, it's probably unrelated to sim verification.

Thank you.

On my side I've allowed Mobile Data on X Services and X SIM service.

After that looking on how to start the activation process, arrived to Mi Messages and activated - couldn't been activated before. -

Since not sure if enought, found that:

And now it seems activated.

6445c32a4783dfbbcdbfc4144783305d.jpg
Its 2021,miui 12.5 stable and still no fix for this.
Tried this and it didnt work.Tried verifying in the cloud through browser,number is verified there,but not on the phone.What is the worst,i am getting charged for the messages Xiaomi keeps sending me each time i reboot the phone.
Changed + in phone number with 00,only thing that happened is that Mi acc in the phone said you changed your phone number,please change it in the recovery options too..2021 and Xiaomi still doesnt know that + is the same as 00
Miui is by far the bugiest os i ever encountered..Bill Gates got nothing on Xiaomi.

Just set your phone language to English and activate SIM.. It should work fine..