[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Hi M1cha, welcome back!

Do you have any advise regarding issues below:

1. Viber call issue - cannot call to each other through Viber because of connection problem
2. Google translate voice input issue: After touch the microphone the result is never ending"Initialization"

Both of them working well under MIUI

Linuxx said it is coming from gapps issue. In this case which gapps fit the best to CM11 nightly, where no issues with the installed apps?

Rotate your phone 180° then lock it (this is the position it has when in pocket) then cover with a finger the proximity sensor, press only one time power button, it won't wake, if u try to press power button again, it will wake up
If it is the theoretical operation for prevent misuse of the phone, in this case sorry to say, it is not the right way. Prevent misuse should functional in all the case while the proximity sensor is covered, regardless what is the actual position/orientation of the phone and regardless how many times pressed the power button. Please consider...

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Thanks to my great mind I have figured out what causes the Viber call issue and Voice Input issue in Google Translate: In the case "OK Google" detection enabled from any screen & from lockscreen in Google Search app, it will break Viber calls and voice input in Google Translate! And ofc can be cause other similar problems... so, just be careful with OK Google settings!

Edited:
Moreover I have tested almost all CM11 releated gapps and BANKS is the best definitely...(imo)

Last edited:
If it is the theoretical operation for prevent misuse of the phone, in this case sorry to say, it is not the right way. Prevent misuse should functional in all the case while the proximity sensor is covered, regardless what is the actual position/orientation of the phone and regardless how many times pressed the power button. Please consider...

Sorry but this is what they did, i just added two words where the device "says" 'I support proximity wake up', nothing else.
BTW I think that pressing power button several times to wake up even if system "locks" it is useful.

Imo, would be better long press on power button to wake up the phone, just in case if prevent misuse enabled and it keep the phone locked for no reason.

Hi,

@XperianPro : USB OTG is working perfectly on my Xiaomi Mi2S with the 24/08 nightly. Only tried an USB flash drive of 8GB though. (no mouse, keyboard, joystick, or whatever...)

just FYI, I encountered wifi unavailability problem in M8 too (I did once in 1808 nightly, so I switched back), uptime is around 1 day, however for whole last week I haven't hit the condition. logs don't show anything useful:

logcat, pressing enable wifi from settings several times:
D/WifiService( 618): setWifiEnabled: true pid=849, uid=10007

pid from process table
u0_a7 849 213 510744 91288 ffffffff 400a0770 S com.android.systemui

nothing related from dmesg.

Thanks to my great mind I have figured out what causes the Viber call issue and Voice Input issue in Google Translate: In the case "OK Google" detection enabled from any screen & from lockscreen in Google Search app, it will break Viber calls and voice input in Google Translate! And ofc can be cause other similar problems... so, just be careful with OK Google settings!

Edited:
Moreover I have tested almost all CM11 releated gapps and BANKS is the best definitely...(imo)
DUDE this "solves" all sound related problems including audiorecorder and camcorder.
thx!

Is there any reason or limitation why the download speed so slow under CM11? If I switch to MIUI I can download with full bandwidth from same source...

I can't get OTG working :crying:

EDIT: It looks it works if external device has its own powersource but most devices that worked on Xperia U now don't work on Xiaomi Mi2S,@M1cha is there any way of raising power supply for external devices,right now I can't get keyboard working.

Last edited:
I can't get OTG working :crying:

EDIT: It looks it works if external device has its own powersource but most devices that worked on Xperia U now don't work on Xiaomi Mi2S,@M1cha is there any way of raising power supply for external devices,right now I can't get keyboard working.
It is enabled already maybe u have a unsupported cable?

Hi,

Same here : tried an USB keyboard and an USB mouse, and the phone does not recognize them. But works with an USB flash drive of 8GB (which, obviously, IMO, is needing less energy)

I've tried a USB mouse and Xbox 360 controller and they both work on Mi2S without external power source. I think the problem is your otg cable

Are u guys sure the power is the problem? Maybe the kernel drivers are just not activated