Aosp 4.4 KitKat ROM AOSP by ivan

This ROM has a noticeably better battery life than all other KitKat ROMs I've tried.
I achieve better battery life than stock miui.
Too bad there are no cm ROMs with a battery life this good, but xposed framework makes up for it, for the most part : )
Daily driver.
even with Mokee, sir?
if so, then i would like to try this ROM. the downside is that, since it is AOSP, the customization is limited compared to custom rom. and i do like customization :(

Way batter than mokee.. With xposed framework + modules you will have the same customization, or not much less, than mokee

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok several days later on this rom got the same as paulrlz Battery gets slightly more drained... i need to test it with the Big Battery... how long this will hold...

@paulrlz if you reboot your Phone... the Battery should be like day 1 or not?

even with Mokee, sir?
if so, then i would like to try this ROM. the downside is that, since it is AOSP, the customization is limited compared to custom rom. and i do like customization :(
Only used mokee a while ago, from what I hear it is not as nearly as good.
And as paulrlz said, have you heard of xposed framework?
You pretty much get most of the functionality of cm if not more.

@Legacyleader use greenefy to stop playstore battery drain, exchange service, and disable location, reboot and you will have again the same battery life..see what I have got till now:
aqu4yryh.jpg

eteta3yg.jpg

qumuby4y.jpg

Beat? No.. I did nearly 6h screen on time on Aosp 4.1.. But 5h is good anyway haha

Edit: here the screen of the third day.. A long lasting batttery, but, battery drain is still here. If you look at the battery graphic, you will notice that, after airplane mode, battery started to drain faster than before. Not a problem, in line with wiui/aosp. But if this drain will be fixed, this aosp will be the best battery friendly custom rom over there…see you tomorrow with others updates

Updated images (100 to 4%)

mu4ygemu.jpg

buhymuzu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RobinHood00
Mmmm.. well it does beat all the other roms out there ^^
So this is almost 5 hours screen on time and 33 hours from 100% till 4%. So with about 3 hours of screen on time you could get like 48 hours :D ?
Could you test how much it drains when you fully charge the battery before you go to sleep and then put it into airplane mode? Would be nice to know the drain per hour that way... I might consider trying this rom!

Also, this is a true AOSP rom? No bullshit added :D ?

So this is almost 5 hours screen on time and 33 hours from 100% till 4%. So with about 3 hours of screen on time you could get like 48 hours :D ?
Could you test how much it drains when you fully charge the battery before you go to sleep and then put it into airplane mode? Would be nice to know the drain per hour that way... I might consider trying this rom!

It includes the following:
- MIUI Market
- AppOps from CM
- ROOT management tool
- Flashlight - From CM team
- File Explorer - From MIUI Open Source Project
And the notification leds use the same code as on miui. So it's not completely AOSP.

Last edited:
@Legacyleader use greenefy to stop playstore battery drain, exchange service, and disable location, reboot and you will have again the same battery life..see what I have got till now:

ok did this... a question what Xposed Modules do you use? my Battery Life is like yours... it's pretty darn good :)

Lol! Ok for the test within the deep sleep, but i dont wanna do the hour per hour report xD

Last edited:
He ment on average, so if it drops 5% in an 8 hour night it would be 5% / 8 = 0.625% per hour.
Here is what I'm getting, extended battery:
Screenshot_2014-03-06-12-25-14.png

Screenshot_2014-03-06-12-25-20.png

Screenshot_2014-03-06-12-29-37.png

Btw i m testing new code aurora build.. This rom is promoted to daily driver, and will replace 4,1 aosp.

Btw i m testing new code aurora build.. This rom is promoted to daily driver, and will replace 4,1 aosp.

Do you have download link?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

I'm also getting awesome battery life on both the roms, (AOSP and Code Aurora), Zero battery drain in airplane mode for 8hrs, this is after two days of the ROM usage, best in terms with performance too when compared to MIUI and WIUI

Seriously I recommend every one to enjoy KITKAT rom

I'm also getting awesome battery life on both the roms, (AOSP and Code Aurora), Zero battery drain in airplane mode for 8hrs, this is after two days of the ROM usage, best in terms with performance too when compared to MIUI and WIUI

Seriously I recommend every one to enjoy KITKAT rom
Which one is better 4.2.24 or the code aurora, and where can I find the latter?

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Which one is better 4.2.24 or the code aurora, and where can I find the latter?

Edit: Sorry for double post.

For me aosp is faster than code aurora build. When installing apps, codeaurora rom had slowdowns, and it lagged randomly. I achieve way better battery life too.
Think too ,that ivan don't know if he will update codeaurora build.

I'm also using AOSP, I was always a fan of AOSP and CM roms
If someone can build a CM 11 with the latest ivan's kernel, then i would use that ;)

help me ! how to show the battery percentage ?
You cant , it's AOSP, customization options are very limited.

What you can do is install xposed framework and then install Gravitybox, XBlast Tools OR Wanam Kit module. Then you will able to do manu tweaks, including changing battery icon, you will see. ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Reactions: mt2703