Aosp 4.4 KitKat ROM AOSP by ivan

I am back to AOSP due to resilient WIFI problem... which resisted to turn on no matter what i did.
hence i changed from CAF to AOSP... will see the battery life with this & report.

Guys, is it True ? can you compare it to QDT 14 AOSP pls ?
how far or is it nearer to QDT14 ? then i will immediately switch over...
Thanks for your info ...

Its the same for me, maybe a little bit less.. But you have the advantages of kk

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Xposed framework will not work here. Any special version i have to install?

Skickat från min MI 2 via Tapatalk

Anyone having also the issue of ART runtime not sticking? After reboot I always end up with Dalvik again

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Anyone having also the issue of ART runtime not sticking? After reboot I always end up with Dalvik again

Lol, as every developer say, DO NOT USE ART, it's not ready and full of bug (see cm11 and other kk ROMs)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Xposed wont work with art. Are you using it?
I use dalvik on every device, cuz art as I told is too laggy, and I don't use xposed too, *for me* it's useless

I use dalvik on every device, cuz art as I told is too laggy, and I don't use xposed too, *for me* it's useless

Hah i meant to quote netweaver .xposed will switch to dalvik cuz it not supported with art

Hah i meant to quote netweaver .xposed will switch to dalvik cuz it not supported with art
Lol, u are the one that didn't understand. As *every developer* say, art is extremely laggy, doesn't matter if xposed is installed or not. Kitkat have *Dalvik* as defauk runtine, art is only for OEM and apps developers, if u're an user, use dalvik, or if u use art, do not cry if it lags

Lol, u are the one that didn't understand. As *every developer* say, art is extremely laggy, doesn't matter if xposed is installed or not. Kitkat have *Dalvik* as defauk runtine, art is only for OEM and apps developers, if u're an user, use dalvik, or if u use art, do not cry if it lags

I know and i dont use art. Haha i think we misunderstand each other.

With xposed installed u can never activate art ,it will switch back to dalvik. And he asked why enabling art didnt stick. I meant to ask him if he had xposed installed. But never mind. I understood u :)

Last edited:
Reactions: linuxx
I know and i dont use art. Haha i think we misunderstand each other.

With xposed installed u can never activate art ,it will switch back to dalvik. And he asked why enabling art didnt stick. I meant to ask him if he had xposed installed. But never mind. I understood u :)
XP

He he, sorry to have caused all this extra commotion. I'm indeed using xposed and I'm v happy with it. Now I know why the art choice didn't stick. If there was not the crappy Bluetooth stability and quality issues, then KitKat aosp from Ivan would be enough. Now I'll keep looking at the others too. Thanks for all effort in trying to make the best ROM.

Hey, i flashed the rom and i like it, but i forgot to save my contacts....can i sync my contacs with a app or something? And how can i get the battery in percentage? Please help me :D

Hey, i flashed the rom and i like it, but i forgot to save my contacts....can i sync my contacs with a app or something? And how can i get the battery in percentage? Please help me :D
Did you have your previous rom on another system? If so boot to it and sync it with Google.

You can get the battery percentage by installing xposed and then install Gravitybox you get all cyanogen + a lot more customization options ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

@iliass01 hey :) ahh ok i will try it later and no i havent it on other system. I flashed the rom on both systems, but i made a backup in cmw, so can i made another backup of this rom, than restore the old backup, save my contacts and restore the new backup? Sorry if my english is bad :D

@iliass01 hey :) ahh ok i will try it later and no i havent it on other system. I flashed the rom on both systems, but i made a backup in cmw, so can i made another backup of this rom, than restore the old backup, save my contacts and restore the new backup? Sorry if my english is bad :D

Haha no problem, you use m1cha's kernel right? What you can do is:
1. Backup current ROM
2. Enable true dual boot
3. Restore previous ROM on system and restore current ROM on system1
4. Boot in system and sync contacts with your Google account
5 boot in system1 and sync is also

That's the way I recommend you doing it also if you add contacts add them to your Google account, you will never have to be afraid of losing your contacts.

If you don't like this you can also as you mentioned export and import your contacts to a file :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

For me aosp is faster than code aurora build. When installing apps, codeaurora rom had slowdowns, and it lagged randomly. I achieve way better battery life too.
Think too ,that ivan don't know if he will update codeaurora build.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
Can you share latest AOSP 4.4.2 build by Google for Mi2 pls. I am getting links for old release dated as long as November...
Can you guide me ?