Cm11- suddenly no mic and earpiece is working

mokee is so fine except some annoying bug already reported but not resolved yet (like notification led
malfunctioning that for me is really annoying :D but i know i'm an outlier :D). i'm thinking to remain into mokee anyway

p.s.: i'm phantastic_ on xda

which mokee are you using? I just tried to install MK44.4-aries-141205-RELEASE.zip and gapps_kitkat-140619.zip since it says that is the most recent release, but I can't even get past the setup screen because Google Keyboard and Hangouts keep crashing. Or do gapps not work with mokee?

I removed Skype and nothing really changed.

I had mokee before but moved to cm because it always installed some Chinese garbage I didn't need and felt it's not "clean" enough, so I moved to cm.
Also I had some weird kernel Wakelocks, but eventually I get them with cm to so maybe it's irrelevant.

My overlap with this list:
Greenify
Maps
MX Player

But I am not convinced that it is an app.
I'm not sure too but we can check so we can search on another direction later.I removed greenify mx player and skype so far all good.Whoever tries this try and error procedure try to use a clean install to be sure.

I'm not sure too but we can check so we can search on another direction later.I removed greenify mx player and skype so far all good.Whoever tries this try and error procedure try to use a clean install to be sure.

I just removed the same apps but calls still do not work :-(

I just removed the same apps but calls still do not work :-(
Maybe the app alters some system settings that don't get reverted by uninstallation, so you have to do a clean system install of CM or clean system backup restore.Also the problem don't appear immediately so maybe i'll have it soon too.You can try uninstalling the rest apps though.

I also tried removing Skype & mx player
I wiped cache but still nothing.
I kind of thinking it's not the lead here

I also tried removing Skype & mx player
I wiped cache but still nothing.
I kind of thinking it's not the lead here
Try clean installation of rom without these :

Greenify
Maps
MX Player
Titanium Backup
Wakelock Detector
WhatsApp

For me it looks fixed, at least I could make 4 consecutive calls fine. I removed mx player & mx player codec arm v7. Did a reboot. 1st call ok, 2nd call bad. Did reboot again, 4calld in a row, all OK. And I recall also having had issues with my player, h/w codes not usable anymore all of a sudden etc... V funny stuff. Let's hope it continues to work and the Dev can fix his codec pipeline mess, it that's indeed the culprit

For me it looks fixed, at least I could make 4 consecutive calls fine. I removed mx player & mx player codec arm v7. Did a reboot. 1st call ok, 2nd call bad. Did reboot again, 4calld in a row, all OK. And I recall also having had issues with my player, h/w codes not usable anymore all of a sudden etc... V funny stuff. Let's hope it continues to work and the Dev can fix his codec pipeline mess, it that's indeed the culprit

What version of cm are you running?

Thanks for finding this! I thought it must be google. What an utter pain in the arse.
That was what i believed in the first place but i thought "hey it's google... it can't be that!!!" now that more and more people appear with the problem got me in to searching...too bad i didn't in the first place.Maybe because @phantastic uses now mokee's gapps don't have the problem any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnhh
Crazy. The last thing I'd suspect is google play, and even there, Checkin service? What the hell is it related to the mic/speaker during calls?

I now go to return mx player and skype :)

30 minutes with DisableServices and things are still working. Fingers crossed that this will work for now. I'll let other people experiment with different play services apks.
I'll hapilly experiment with play services if someone enlighten us which one is the appropriate one