[GUIDE][haydn] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro

It's just a tool (fastboot command automation) for those who don't have experience with CMD commands. ;)

It's just a tool (fastboot command automation) for those who don't have experience with CMD commands. ;)
I'm quite familiar with the commands.
I had problems after booting into twrp I can't see the zip folder. It also happens that the PC does not detect the phone as a mtp storage.

I try to flash the newest miui 13 k40p rom with skkk twrp and it give me:
Failed to mount 'system_root' / 'system_ext' / 'product' /'odm' ( No such file or directory)
Any1 know how to fix this error?

Reactions: lemon07r
TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
"reboot recovery" means to restart TWRP Recovery from TWRP "Restart - Recovery"
-> sometimes you need more then one try (Repeat the process until the installation succeeds.)

How to install TWRP device A/B::

Reactions: menuview2002
TLDR - Don't use TWRP A12 SKKK 6.5 for haydn (K40 Pro). This recovery is a buggy mess, it won't flash 13.0.13.0 properly. Use orangefox (linked at bottom),
TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
"reboot recovery" means to restart TWRP Recovery from TWRP "Restart - Recovery"
-> sometimes you need more then one try (Repeat the process until the installation succeeds.)

How to install TWRP device A/B::

I have the same issue and this is not working for me.
This is for my K40 Pro, installing 13.0.13.0 of stable, updating from 13.0.10.0.
Using the "twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-haydn-skkk.img" recovery image.
I've followed those instructions exactly and tried your troubleshooting suggestions, still getting the same error.

EDIT: Same error if I try to flash the recovery .img to recovery ramdisk.

EDIT2: TWRP A12 builds just really really suck for this device. I managed to finally flash the rom using orangefox, which I found by clicking "flashing instructions" from the rom post for ricedroid (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-13-unofficial-ricedroid-for-haydn-haydnin.4517389/). Which will take you to https://rentry.co/flashing_guide_haydn I used the ofox link at the bottom of the page, but here's the download link to the recovery image: https://mega.nz/folder/Q3QFWIrb#bUAxUNCiWY1Vh2ga-FjglQ/file/IyQXVYBZ

Last edited:
Reactions: menuview2002
Hello, first, thanks so much for maintaining this site - it is very useful and interesting.
Second, to the K40 Dev, thanks too for an English ROM for K40 - I think I can make good use of it, it will likely make my use of the K40 more productive and easier~

Just a couple of questions if I may?
I see the initial post re the English Rom instruction was dated 2021, the last was December 2022. ( from memory)
I'm guessing the instructions are still current @2024?

My K40 is Chinese, I'm not, but I do need to be able to use WeChat English.
I've heard that Tencent will not allow WeChat to run on "unofficial or non standard" ROMS, claiming they are an emulator.
Is there any issue with the EU ROM, has anyone tried or used WeChat on it successfully please?

Sorry, that's 3 questions~
Thx
Bic

Hello, first, thanks so much for maintaining this site - it is very useful and interesting.
Second, to the K40 Dev, thanks too for an English ROM for K40 - I think I can make good use of it, it will likely make my use of the K40 more productive and easier~

Just a couple of questions if I may?
I see the initial post re the English Rom instruction was dated 2021, the last was December 2022. ( from memory)
I'm guessing the instructions are still current @2024?

My K40 is Chinese, I'm not, but I do need to be able to use WeChat English.
I've heard that Tencent will not allow WeChat to run on "unofficial or non standard" ROMS, claiming they are an emulator.
Is there any issue with the EU ROM, has anyone tried or used WeChat on it successfully please?

Sorry, that's 3 questions~
Thx
Bic
About Wechat: I am using it without problems with the latest HyperOS EU ROM, have been using it with MIUI EU too, no problems at all.

About the installing instructions: I can't really confirm if it's current or not, since I installed it back when the instructions were still "fresh". But it seems that the instructions are still for Fastboot install, later I moved on to installing TWRP recovery (Ofox works fine too), and since then I only install the ROMs via recovery.

Reactions: bicboc
About Wechat: I am using it without problems with the latest HyperOS EU ROM, have been using it with MIUI EU too, no problems at all.

About the installing instructions: I can't really confirm if it's current or not, since I installed it back when the instructions were still "fresh". But it seems that the instructions are still for Fastboot install, later I moved on to installing TWRP recovery (Ofox works fine too), and since then I only install the ROMs via recovery.
@Zephon Thanks very much for a very fast reply and the positive report re WeChat.
I am encouraged to try.

Thank you too for mentioning HyperOS - that was something else that confused me.
Up until about 2 weeks back, I was running K40 on stock MIUI but with a factory reset to English. Not the best but it at least enabled me to use the basic features, which is all I need. Then one morning it was loading HyperOS.

The OS part confused me - I first thought they had shadowed Huawei with their own system, abandoning Android.
Later I realised it was just the user interface - but somewhere in the change I lost some of the original settings I had.
So, from anyone's viewpoint, is the HyperOS worth the hype, should I just install the MIUI EU English ROM?
I realise this is a very subjective question, but am interested in general views, opinions, feedback etc.

I don't need any bells and whistles, I still run an old Samsung Note 3 (LineageOS) but the camera on the K40 is superb~
Plus the Note is 32 bit, many apps, (WeChat for one) will not run on it.

Thanks again
Bic

@Zephon Thanks very much for a very fast reply and the positive report re WeChat.
I am encouraged to try.

Thank you too for mentioning HyperOS - that was something else that confused me.
Up until about 2 weeks back, I was running K40 on stock MIUI but with a factory reset to English. Not the best but it at least enabled me to use the basic features, which is all I need. Then one morning it was loading HyperOS.

The OS part confused me - I first thought they had shadowed Huawei with their own system, abandoning Android.
Later I realised it was just the user interface - but somewhere in the change I lost some of the original settings I had.
So, from anyone's viewpoint, is the HyperOS worth the hype, should I just install the MIUI EU English ROM?
I realise this is a very subjective question, but am interested in general views, opinions, feedback etc.

I don't need any bells and whistles, I still run an old Samsung Note 3 (LineageOS) but the camera on the K40 is superb~
Plus the Note is 32 bit, many apps, (WeChat for one) will not run on it.

Thanks again
Bic
At least for me HyperOS is pretty much the same as MIUI. Some settings moved places, some small aesthetical changes and nothing more. So it's pretty much still the "skin for Android" made by Xiaomi.
And I did not lose any data/settings moving from MIUI EU to HyperOS EU, so it has been a smooth sail for me.

My opinion is that HyperOS is more of a marketing thing, something Xiaomi wants to present to give the impression that they are doing something new and modern, but it's pretty much the same stuff.

My reason for going to HyperOS is that I prefer to have the latest OS for my device, mostly for security updates. Regarding functionality I don't see any reason to upgrade the OS, actually. My impression is that HyperOS seems to consume more battery than MIUI, but I have never done any objective test about it, it might just be the device getting old or even placebo effect...

Do you actually need Google stuff? This was the main reason for me to move from Stock to EU ROM... I want to have Google Play Store and some other Google Apps, and the stock (Chinese) ROM does not have any of that.

Reactions: bicboc
Aha, yes, that was also my feeling, Xiaomi needed some buzz or hype~ (pun intended)
I did find the camera was sharper after the reset though.
No, I rarely use Google, avoid where possible - I use Linux and my trusty Note3 is pure Lineage, apart for the OS, I think I only have around 6 or 8 apps on it~ The K40 however has dozens, most I can't understand, would never use if I did, but can only disable, not delete.

Not that I'm knocking MI, we've used them in our business for years, my wife currently has K60