How To Flash Mi4c W/out Pc

OlegiK

Members
Apr 4, 2016
Hi, all.
My friend bought Mi4c and asked for me to help him flash it because of MIUI version is something like 7_00_66. And it is not work correctly and the are a lot of untranslated words.
I found on "ROMs download" mini instruction how to install ROM from xiaomi_eu.
Instruction is very simple (due to the instruction):
  1. Install TWRP zip via Updater app or Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  2. TWRP Recovery Zip download
  3. For root on Mi4c install SuperSU in TWRP

I found on another forum how to install ROM w/out PC using Flashify. But the instuction above is more simple (I think so). Can anybody tell me this way is working?

p.s. I use Redmi Note 2 with MIUI version from xiaomi_eu, but this had been installed before I bought it.

Last edited:
Hi, all.
My friend bought Mi4c and asked for me to help him flash it because of MIUI version is something like 7_00_66. And it is not work correctly and the are a lot of untranslated words.
I found on "ROMs download" mini instruction how to install ROM from xiaomi_eu.
Instruction is very simple (due to the instruction):
  1. Install TWRP zip via Updater app or Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  2. TWRP Recovery Zip download
  3. For root on Mi4c install SuperSU in TWRP

I found on another forum how to install ROM w/out PC using Flashify. But the instuction above is more simple (I think so). Can anybody tell me this way is working?

p.s. I use Redmi Note 2 with MIUI version from xiaomi_eu, but this had been installed before I bought it.

Hello,
I am also not sure how to update. I bought my MI4C already with ver 6.2.18 from Xiaomi.eu installed. Also TWRP.
But I cannot grant root access in the security app. Although I starte flshify before. Remains empty.

How can I install a new custom ROM without rout? As I have already a custom ROM installed, is it enough to update your ROM via TWRP?
Are there othere possibilities to get ROOT, if Security APP does not work?

I talking about the global ROM from XIAOMI.EU, which is great.

Version 6.2.18 is already installed.
Also a TWRP (custom).

As I see it, I just need to copy the ROM to the phne, and install it via TWRP.
No need to reistall TWRP, which is already custom.

Then install Super SU via TWRP, but only after the actual/new ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_6.4.7_V7.5.1,.zip)
is installed.

Can someone confirm, if this is correct?

Hello,
but unfortunately I have an issue with TWRP. I started TWRP, but even if I press an option, the menue does not open. TWRP does not react on my entries.

I only see one solution to install Dev. ROM again, then TWRP, and XIAOMI.EU ROM at the end.

Unfortunately I could not find the ROM 6.1.7 for MI4C.

Can someone send me the link?

The Dev. ROMs later will cause that the Bootloader is locked. Like the Redmi 3. And custom ROMs cannot be installed any more.

Thanks
Olaf

Perfect. It worked. Super SU is installed.
Now I will update the ROM with my version of TWRP.
Are there any srttings I need to activate in TWRP (e.g. directory; Boot, System, ...;wipe data,cache)? Or just press button for INSTALL, select the ROM on the phone, and flash?