[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

OnDownloading;

EDIT: looking at these factory reset reports scares me. I'll wait until it's completely solved. 007m still works fine.

Is there any way to provide logs? Maybe cwm logs the actions it has done somewhere?

Had the reset, too.

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Well, someone had mentioned reflashing 007 restores the apps, but oh well, too late for me, I'll just stick to and test the current 008 until the next update.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Ok a new version is up! Please test this one because I don't have this issue myself.
If you are already using 008m, you don't have to update!

For those who got a factory reset, I want to know the following things:
Which ROM did you use before + kernel?
Do you have TueDualBoot enabled, if so with which other ROM?

The only useful information I have to report so far is that the phone gets REALLY hot. It was warm even before I flashed miCore, but only around 50C maybe 54-55C at most, but still bearable. With miCore, I'm reaching temps in excess of 60! So yeah, good thing I'm in Canada LOL!

Swyped from my Mi2S

The only useful information I have to report so far is that the phone gets REALLY hot. It was warm even before I flashed miCore, but only around 50C maybe 54-55C at most, but still bearable. With miCore, I'm reaching temps in excess of 60! So yeah, good thing I'm in Canada LOL!

Swyped from my Mi2S
What are you using that it get's that hot?
When I don't do anything with my phone, my phone is around 25 - 35C.

Ok a new version is up! Please test this one because I don't have this issue myself.

Latest miui germany with stock kernel,01.10 i guess,tdb enabled and on sys 2 cm 10.2 from micha

Reactions: redmaner
What are you using that it get's that hot?
When I don't do anything with my phone, my phone is around 25 - 35C.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I was stress testing, i.e. running as many programs as possible and really putting the phone through its paces. I do this for all new mods I test. When I use it like a normal (sane) person, it's fine, so far.

My apologies again for the misleading feedback. With standard WIUI, the phone got really warm too, but never reached these temps.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Hello, redmaner! Five minutes ago I installed the new kernel kernel-MiCore_008m-r20_aries. Problems with resetting no. I have WIUI 4.1.10, kernel installed was 007 and the patch MiCore_patch_4WiUi.zip from Wajk. Init.d scripts folder is not deleted. TDB is not installed.
Thank`s for new kernel!

Attachments

• New_kernel.png
    New_kernel.png
    116 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Mi2s WIUI 4.1.10 Wajk kernel on system 1 and miui 3.11.15 stock kernel on system 2 without tdb, No problems flashing the absolute first version.
Testing extensively and undervolting. I'll report my voltage table after more tests but no problems so far :)
Msm hsic Host wakelock vastly reduced.
I/O speed almost same as stock kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulrlz
This new version works ok, flashed it the same way over 007 on MIUI 4.1.10 (TDB enabled) and no factory reset. Thanks!

Working on sys1 WiUi latest (sys2 got M1cha cm11), tdb enabled.

But one thing: my gpu is always running @ 400mhz. Is this caused by wiui or your kernel?

Working on sys1 WiUi latest (sys2 got M1cha cm11), tdb enabled.

But one thing: my gpu is always running @ 400mhz. Is this caused by wiui or your kernel?

It's a MIUI problem when I remember correctly.

It's a MIUI problem when I remember correctly.

There's no way to fix it? I manually selected 200mhz max clock for gpu but this is a dirty fix :(

Merged:
In my battery stats there's a entry called surfacefinger which changes to Android system as soon as the stats update.. The process alone as taking 99% battery but when it changed to Android system it's only 10%..
What is this service? Why is it behaving like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way to fix it? I manually selected 200mhz max clock for gpu but this is a dirty fix :(

Merged:
In my battery stats there's a entry called surfacefinger which changes to Android system as soon as the stats update.. The process alone as taking 99% battery but when it changed to Android system it's only 10%..
What is this service? Why is it behaving like this?

The problem can only be fixed in kernel.
But I hadn't time to track the code and solve it.

Surfaceflinger has to do something with the framebuffer of your screen.
I don't know the exact details, but google knows ;)

Is piston problem fixed?
Thanks a lou for your superb work...

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4g ( the "g" is for graveyard not for great )...with tapatalk 26°
Without logs it's hard to solve it, especially if you don't have pistons yourself.

Reactions: xeGox
I flashed 008 kernel on FurnielCustomRom 4.1.17 and i seen factory reset.
After, i did full wipe and flash miui.su last rom 4.1.17 and installed all my apps(pfuuuf)
I create CWM backup and flash this kernel again. And "Mi" logo infinitely. I wait 3-4 min and CWM restore.
TDB is on.

Just wanted to compliment your kernel.
With the gpu lock to 200Mhz I'm getting very good results in battery runtime! Thank you!
No wakelocks or other problems so far!

After some testing, I can only say that this is an awesome kernel, battery life its georgeus, with amazing performance and it will be better with correct undervolting :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Just wanted to compliment your kernel.
With the gpu lock to 200Mhz I'm getting very good results in battery runtime! Thank you!
No wakelocks or other problems so far!

What do you mean with very good results in battery runtime, how many hours this is mean?

What do you mean with very good results in battery runtime, how many hours this is mean?

I got the 3000mah battery and I'm @ 17hrs runtime atm with 72% left, had 2g on all the time,with light usage (2d gaming, surfing, whatsapp), switched to 3g when using the phone.

//edit
Just saw that only 2 cores were active! Didn't notice it (this kernel is so freaking fast :D)

Last edited: