[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

Do I have to use CWM for the installation of this ROM or could I also use tools like the the ROM toolbox too? If not which CWM version is recommended?

Reactions: WEiS
Do I have to use CWM for the installation of this ROM or could I also use tools like the the ROM toolbox too? If not which CWM version is recommended?
cwm and rom toolbox are 2 different things. Cwm is recovery and toolbox is a tool for flash and other things. If you don't have cwm or twrp rom toolbox don't work for flash.

Reactions: swimmer
When you listen to Spotify and pull down the notification bar , the sound accidently stop and start again , this also happens when you click the all apps icon in the home screen. Other music app has this problem too.

When you listen to Spotify and pull down the notification bar , the sound accidently stop and start again , this also happens when you click the all apps icon in the home screen. Other music app has this problem too.
That's a problem of the gel launcher

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jianggau
After connecting the phone to the Bluetooth handsfree device in my car, and subsequent disconnection, the audio on the phone seemed to be still diverted on Bluetooth.
I could hear no sound for a game I was playing with and pushing the volume buttons could only act on bluetooth.
The Bluetooth was NOT connected to anything anymore, at that time (icon dark grey in status bar).
Switching Bluetooth off/on fixed the problem (temporarily...)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have a couple of questions:
- will the headset button functionality be restored?
- how can I use USB mouse/keyboard? I have the USB adapter but it does nothing...

I have a couple of questions:
- will the headset button functionality be restored?
- how can I use USB mouse/keyboard? I have the USB adapter but it does nothing...

Is it an otg?
If not it won't work.
If yes attach first a mouse (for example) to off then attach it on the phone, move the mouse and a black cursor will appear
I've an off and it works well with this rom

Sent from my nexus 7

Is it an otg?
If not it won't work.
If yes attach first a mouse (for example) to off then attach it on the phone, move the mouse and a black cursor will appear
I've an off and it works well with this rom
It's a standard wireless mouse with an USB receiver. I thought any standard USB input device was supported.
Am I wrong?
In this case can I do it with an app or a tweak or something? Because I KNOW it used to work, and this pisses me off...
EDIT: there's no USB drive reading either, so I'm really frustrated!!!

Last edited:
Hi M1cha, just installed this KK-Rom on system 1, reinstalled all my apps, and will see how things work out. There is one question to tebuchet launcher - of course, I could use any other, but: is there a way to get a 4*5-layout? I am used to that eversince I have this phone. Maybe an xposed module?

Hi M1cha, just installed this KK-Rom on system 1, reinstalled all my apps, and will see how things work out. There is one question to tebuchet launcher - of course, I could use any other, but: is there a way to get a 4*5-layout? I am used to that eversince I have this phone. Maybe an xposed module?
It's a feature that will be merged soon.

Reactions: principio
Sorry to bother again: if I understood correctly it's currently impossible to use USB OTG. Any way to bring back support? I don't NEED it, but I don't see why I should renounce to something that was already there. Thanks

EDIT: I managed to make it work with pendrives, mouse, and keyboard, using StickMount, updating SuperSU, and rebooting. The fact that I had to do all of this stuff still sucks.

Last edited:
Hi M1cha, linuxx,
I just updated the 0425 image, the VOIP issue fixed one.
But I still suffer form the echo when I call others.
I heard the echo of myself and also my friend heard, too.
Is there anything wrong?

EDIT: I managed to make it work with pendrives, mouse, and keyboard, using StickMount, updating SuperSU, and rebooting. The fact that I had to do all of this stuff still sucks.
As you mention it: titanium backup had a warning that superuser is outdated and that superSU should be installed in case of problems.

Nothing went wrong reinstalling my apps, so I personally didn't bother.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Sorry to bother again: if I understood correctly it's currently impossible to use USB OTG. Any way to bring back support? I don't NEED it, but I don't see why I should renounce to something that was already there. Thanks

I don't see any problem. I think that your usb drive is formatted as NTFS and in this case it's normal that you have to use apps to mount them.

Hi M1cha, linuxx,
I just updated the 0425 image, the VOIP issue fixed one.
But I still suffer form the echo when I call others.
I heard the echo of myself and also my friend heard, too.
Is there anything wrong?
Since when do you have this problem?
And as always - if you have audio problems check if you have the same problem with ivan's ROM.
I didn't write this driver.

David Bevi, I'm using USB OTG on this rom and it's working perfectly with 2, 8 and 16 Go usb keys, a low cost usb mouse...

Last edited:
I don't see any problem. I think that your usb drive is formatted as NTFS and in this case it's normal that you have to use apps to mount them.
I can mount my external HD that's formatted with NTFS with my otg

Sent from my nexus 7

I knew my phone wasn't able to read an NTFS partition without additional code, but it wasn't in my mind because my goal - and problem - was using mouse and keyboard. I then checked with USB drives and discovered that my phone refused to give power through USB.

Anyway I'm now able to use mouse and keyboard, and read and write NTFS and FAT32 filesystems.
I'll try to isolate the cause with some testing. Meanwhile thanks again to all who tried to help : )

EDIT: both FAT32 and NTFS can be read without StickMount, but you need it if you want to use mouse and keyboard: is CM lacking support to this HW?

Last edited:
I knew my phone wasn't able to read an NTFS partition without additional code, but it wasn't in my mind because my goal - and problem - was using mouse and keyboard. I then checked with USB drives and discovered that my phone refused to give power through USB.

Anyway I'm now able to use mouse and keyboard, and read and write NTFS and FAT32 filesystems.
I'll try to isolate the cause with some testing. Meanwhile thanks again to all who tried to help : )

EDIT: both FAT32 and NTFS can be read without StickMount, but you need it if you want to use mouse and keyboard: is CM lacking support to this HW?
Yep ofc (cm support external Hw)

mouse support works out of the box for me. Also I have no idea what STICKmount could do to make a mouse work.