Sd Card Became Read Only

dinchik

Members
May 22, 2017
Hi all,
My XIAOMI Redmi 3S cannot write or delete files to SD card External storage.
I checked Documents app settings and found this app has 0kb size.
I cannot to write to SD card even using stantart app including camera or file manager. Documents app version 6.0.1. MIUI version global 8.2 Stable 8.2.5.0 MALMIDL
Please help me to restore Documents app without full firmware update please

Attachments

• PU4-XztOP1w.jpg
    PU4-XztOP1w.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 645
That's interesting ... There are 2 ways to do that : 1) is root u're device ( if u have twrp is pretty easy to do that ) and install a terminal ( let's say termux from play store ) run termux with these commands : tsu ( wich will prompt u to grant root access )
Mount system RW: mount -o rw,remount,rw /path-to-your-sdcard ( this is for read and write )
Mount system RO: mount -o ro,remount,rw /path-to-sdcard ( and this is for putting back read only )
But u have to do that after every restart/reboot/boot

And 2) way it's even easyer : after you root u're device go to google play and install sdcard fix, run it and enable it root rights ( it will ask for root just agree to that ).

How to root with twrp: TWRP menu, choose Advanced/SuperSU and follow the easy instructions.
But we need to see what version are u running on u're phone first, Miui v ? Beta - Stable? Go to setting - about the phone and make a screen shot ( print screen - both at the same time : power + volume down ) and uploaded so we can see..