1.6.3 Phone reboot on sms recived

imanoob

Members
Apr 8, 2011
So on the new update the phone reboots if you receive a text. The conditions are that the phone be unlocked and then do something and the phone will reboot if you receive a text.

Standard miui installed (1.6.3)
Standard miui eng pack installed
Pershoot kernel (latest)

To replicate:
1. Unlock phone
2. Send text to self
3. Hit home key quickly
4. Do something like change homescreen, use browser, whatever.
5. Never receive text and phone reboots.

This occurs on the Desire Z I don't know if it can be replicated on another device if it can please report here.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using the miuiandroid.com forum app

So on the new update the phone reboots if you receive a text. The conditions are that the phone be unlocked and then do something and the phone will reboot if you receive a text.

Standard miui installed (1.6.3)
Standard miui eng pack installed
Pershoot kernel (latest)

To replicate:
1. Unlock phone
2. Send text to self
3. Hit home key quickly
4. Do something like change homescreen, use browser, whatever.
5. Never receive text and phone reboots.

This occurs on the Desire Z I don't know if it can be replicated on another device if it can please report here.

Thanks.

Did this with MIUI 1.6.3 on my Milestone - works perfectly :)
So seems to be your bug only...

Tried it on a nexus one and couldn't reproduce the problem. Have you wiping both caches and reinstalling?

I tried wiping cache and also dalvik cache didn't fix the problem I will try a full wipe later to see if its causing the problem. I will report back. Thanks for the suggestion.

Same issue here. HTC desire GSM

Did this with MIUI 1.6.3 on my Milestone - works perfectly :)
So seems to be your bug only...

I have the same issue. I was browsing with OPERA and when I got an sms I sent through a webpage, MIUI restarted (not full boot, as I didn't see the htc green letters on the white background)
I tried several times.
Then I closed opera and sent an sms from another PC and this time I got the sms.

So there is a bug.

Full wipe did not help and it still happens.

I have this problem. I received an SMS, but when I went to send my reply (through ChompSMS), my phone rebooted and then froze after the MIUI splash screen. I had to do a battery pull & boot into recovery. Restoring boot from nandroid seems to have fixed the booting issue, but trying to send SMS starts the whole process over again (including boot freeze.)

I have the reboot prob as well, but after the bootscreen, I have the SMS notification. I also cannot change my theme. It always fcs when I tap apply

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I had the same problem! The guys on miui-germany.de fixed it. It's caused of a string in the framework-res.apk.

Are you using any language then english?

It's this string.

string name="package_behavior_confirmation"

I have the same issue. I was browsing with OPERA and when I got an sms I sent through a webpage, MIUI restarted (not full boot, as I didn't see the htc green letters on the white background)
I tried several times.
Then I closed opera and sent an sms from another PC and this time I got the sms.

So there is a bug.

The sms I got was while locked. I tried once again with the phone not locked and it rebooted.

English pack only from here

Same problem here (HTC Desire GSM)
using MIUI 1.6.3 and EN pack 1c
Pleace fix this as soon as possible since I cant recieve messages from my girlfriend now und therefore have installed Cyanogen Mod... and it sucks... compared to MIUI <3

Ok guys, here is your fix. Its a problem to do with permissions in the superuser app. Open it up after a reboot and check the log to find out which app is doing it, then switch tabs, click on app and deny permissions. Should fix your problem

Ok guys, here is your fix. Its a problem to do with permissions in the superuser app. Open it up after a reboot and check the log to find out which app is doing it, then switch tabs, click on app and deny permissions. Should fix your problem

Tried, tested and true. Works as described. Thanks bunches!!

This fixed my issue as well. Thank you.

Ok I have the same issue but this happens only when sending SMS thru 3rd Party Application (in this case was GO SMS)

The moment I send a SMS thru GO phone reboots but SMS is sent.

However such is not the case with the SMS application from MIUI no reboots.

Also phone randomly reboots every now and then during Video, Whatsapp and Web Browsing (using Dolphin Mini)

Google Nexus One running on MIUI 1.6.3 latest English Pack.