1.6.3 Theme Manager FC

467fb156-b127-5a33.jpg
Fix works perfectly here :) Thanks lithid!

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work as it should. I set the themes and it says theme set okay, or whatever it says...although nothing changes, it doesn't even do a restart to set the theme. I tried manually restarting but that didn't fix the theme changing! Any ideas lithid?

Mine it stays on the applying new theme and stays there it never applies the theme

Sent from my I897 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

While it didn't force close when applying themes, it also didn't apply them. Just reverted back to the default theme, for everything but the main icons (on the bottom dock). Those stayed from a different theme.

Also, it did FC again once I tried downloading a new theme to test it some more. Almost there. :) Thanks!

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work as it should. I set the themes and it says theme set okay, or whatever it says...although nothing changes, it doesn't even do a restart to set the theme. I tried manually restarting but that didn't fix the theme changing! Any ideas lithid?

Same issues here, too. Additionally, I got an FC when downloading a new theme. Have you tried that?

I just flashed the file. It works on my N1. Thanks. But it doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't force close anymore. But I can't change any of the themes. It will apply the themes, but nothing changes. Even when I customize theme and choose like the a different boot animation. It says that is applied. But when I reboot the animation is a different one. I can't change any of the theme options. I think that you should not apply this file for the time being. I can' live with the themes for now but hopefully someone will find a solution soon.

Let me clarify what this solves. Apparently miui's theme engine is broken. What this solved was a fc issue. When you apply your wallpaper it fc, when you applied your ringtone it fc, when you appled your notification sound it fc. If there is an issue with the theming engine that is not something we are going to be able to fix. that is up to the chinese. I simply solved a cosmetic issue when applying ringtones and changing your wallpaper.

sorrry to say this but u r all wrong.. it is dependant on the "updater.apk" that is removed with LP script.. if u install the default ThemeManager.apk from the deodex 1.6.10 along with Updater.apk it will fix the FC!

pull the ThemeManager.apk from the Language Pack
pull the Updater.apk from the deodexed 1.6.10
push them both to system/app with desired method (adb or root explorer)
make sure permissions are correct either rw-r-r or chmod 644
should be working!

It ain't suitable to release the ROM with updater.apk included though.

Push ThemeManager.apk from 1.5.27, works fine more or less on DHD.

It ain't suitable to release the ROM with updater.apk included though.

Push ThemeManager.apk from 1.5.27, works fine more or less on DHD.

how do u figure.. what u r doing is breaking the framework and more.. if u push with the correct files it works.. u dont need to use the updater app(i realize its a chinese based app w/o translation) , but the new theme manager is dependant upon it.. so when it calls for it and it is not installed u get FC.. what u r saying makes no sense and is ignorant

I know for a fact that if you were to release the package with updater.apk included users would open it to find out what it is (regardless of how many times you might mention not to), and I suppose depending on how it functions exactly, it could possibly update some of their apps which would as a consequence return them to Chinese.

My suggestion is just a rollback to an older version of the file and it also works, I don't see whats wrong with putting another solution on the table or why the idea offends you so much.

The issue with the theme manger is that its looking for permissions.
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  985): java.lang.SecurityException: Requires READ_PHONE_STATE: Neither user 10040 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
W/AccountManagerService(  148): caller uid 1030 lacks any of android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
So I added those errors to the manifest.xml
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />

Recompiled the 0610 version and theme manager doesn't FC anymore.

Here is the apk in a flashable zip:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/ybZ/

I guess some people are not seeing this issue. Please respond if this fixes your issue or not. AGAIN, this may or may not work for all devices. Please report.

I'm currently using Captivate... (Galaxy's phone) and I flashed this file, but it still doesn't theme my phone (Just no FC was fixed...)

sorrry to say this but u r all wrong.. it is dependant on the "updater.apk" that is removed with LP script.. if u install the default ThemeManager.apk from the deodex 1.6.10 along with Updater.apk it will fix the FC!

should be working!

I did this and it worked absolutely perfect on my phone. Granted I have a new icon on my homescreen in Chinese, it seems to have fixed all problems I had with the Theme Manager.

should be working!

Whats the ThemeManager file in the current 1.6.10? Not the deodexed one?

And where would we go about finding this updater.apk? I couldnt find it in any other of the few miui releases I downloaded.

I pushed that other file lithid posted, it did fix force close but its just not changing the templates. BTW, how come 1.6.10 is being talked about in a 1.6.3 topic? Is 1.6.10 not much different? Did theme manager in 1.6.3 work, that has no update.apk? Maybe push just the manager file from there?

The issue with the theme manger is that its looking for permissions.
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  985): java.lang.SecurityException: Requires READ_PHONE_STATE: Neither user 10040 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
W/AccountManagerService(  148): caller uid 1030 lacks any of android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
So I added those errors to the manifest.xml
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />

Recompiled the 0610 version and theme manager doesn't FC anymore.

Here is the apk in a flashable zip:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/ybZ/

I guess some people are not seeing this issue. Please respond if this fixes your issue or not. AGAIN, this may or may not work for all devices. Please report.

Absolutely no change on the Nexus S (and yes, I mounted /system first). Thanks for the effort though.

Absolutely no change on the Nexus S (and yes, I mounted /system first). Thanks for the effort though.

Try flashing chinese ROM first, boot and apply any theme, reboot and flash language

pack and should get no FC when applying themes. It worked for me :) (on HTC HD2)

There is FC no more but.. i'm no able to change themes icons.
* flashed http://ubuntuone.com/p/ybZ/,
* Updater.apk installed,
* permissions and owner changed,
* cache partition cleared,
* dalvik-cache cleard
HD2, 1.6.10, Eng

--------------
Theme is appleing but nothing, not just themes icons, is changeing.

There is FC no more but.. i'm no able to change themes icons.
* flashed http://ubuntuone.com/p/ybZ/,
* Updater.apk installed,
* permissions and owner changed,
* cache partition cleared,
* dalvik-cache cleard
HD2, 1.6.10, Eng

--------------
Theme is appleing but nothing, not just themes icons, is changeing.

download and install pack 1d.

Desire Z , 1.6.10 Eng pack 1d, wiped cache and dalvik and fixed permissions and theme manager FC when trying to apply themes still :(

For me its working ok :)

What is your phone and how did you go about installling and setting it up? i downloaded both the deodex and lang pack 1d, rebooted into recovery wiped cache and dalvik, installed miui then lang pack and let my phone sit for a bout 5 min and tried to apply my custom theme and soon as i press apply i get a FC.