New [11.0.5.0] [Pocophone F1] Bluetooth volume

ONDRA5

Members
Feb 1, 2015
Changing volume with buttons on wireless headphones doesn't change system media volume, so for example if I wanted to listen at 50% volume I'd have to set that value both with my headphones and my phone.
For now the only way to use Bluetooth headphones is to set volume on headphones on 100%, never touch volume rocker on headphones and change to volume only on my phone.

This bug is also present on last miui 10 version for poco, I don't know about previous versions, since I haven't used them.

This doesn't happen on aosp and it shouldn't happen on miui, however I don't know if it's a normal miui behavior since I never used miui global.

If you need any logs just reach out in replies.

Thanks in advance for fixing this bug/stupid behavior.

I got a tip, to enable/disable absolute volume in developer options, but that doesn't do anything.

Well, what if you're connected to a bluetooth speaker, or even better to a wired speaker through bluetooth? Would you like the same behavior? I higly doubt that.
If you have the possibility of controling the volume of the headphones, then it should control the headphones.

Best case scenario - this is compatibility (bluetooth protocol) issue. No way a bug or weird behavior.
I stand to be corrected, but it looks logical to me the way it works as you described it.
I use Bluetooth headphones, and I don't want two separate volume levels, because let's say I'm in the gym and I want to raise the volume to 100%, right now I have to do that both on my phone and headphones to reach the desired value.
Also there is a switch in developer options to satisfy both of us, it just doesn't work.

Are you saying there shouldn't be a volume for bluetooth headphones/speakers but this is somehow Xiaomi's fault?
What's stopping you from putting your phone up to 100% and controlling the volume of the headphone from the headphones on (let's say) 10% to get that 50% you need?

Come on now. May be in stock Android these volumes are linked. May be in stock Android it's not working correctly. May be there is someone who complains about stock Android behavior.

This is the perpetual Volume rocker control - media vs ringtone vs notification. Everyone has a separate preference and thinks the rest of the world is wrong and should adapt.
Come on man, stop being a fan boy.
Clearly this is a miui fault, because the volume being synced between the phone and peripheral device is the default Android behavior since Android 6.
To please people who don't like that, there's a switch to disable it in developer settings.

Now to prove you wrong:
MIUI has an option to disable absolute volume (the default behavior), but there's no support for absolute volume in miui (at least with poco and those 2 miui versions mentioned in OP).
Now, why would miui have an option to disable something that never happens if miui wasn't to blame?

Dude I have a Note 5A with a faulty display that I can't change the brightness to. I couldn't give less of a s**t about Xiaomi.
As I already said, it looks logical to me and I described how I would go about if I found myself in your situation.
You didn't contribute with anything useful yet, my post was a simple bug report of broken absolute volume, I'm not inventing some new way for volume here, I was just saying how it is supposed to work. I hope that someone who actually knows how to fix this will reply, your replies did only one thing, increased the reply number on the thread.
Cheers, I won't reply to you anymore since it makes no sense and doesn't contribute to anything.

A year later, did you ever got this fixed? I have the same issue, first time using Xiaomi, and essentially the headphones seem to not have the buttons properly detected. Only for Bluetooth ones, wired headsets work fine.