12.5 cn woes for Mi Max 3 pro

Ceegeee

Members
Jul 10, 2021
Foolishly I had got too comfortable allowing my Chinese Mimax 3 pro to update. The 12.5 update this week l has been disastrous, no Google apps, no Netflix, contacts unusable, e-reader won't open, Google maps gone, and on and on. I know that the Mi Max 3 has Anti Roll Back :( . Is there a Rom here I can use or if I prevent updates and wait until the global version goes to 12.5 will it be safe to migrate to the miui global ROM without bricking my much loved phone? I bought this phone in HK because it had such a clear big screen for my eyesight which is not great. Please help :)

The same happened to me. Tried installing google play services again, but no luck. It gets installed, but still don't work.
I even tried to root and then use Magisk module to install goolge play services, but nothing. Miui 12.5.1 CN really blocks google!

It was hard, but managed to change the ROM to Miui by xiaomi EU 12.5.1. And it's very good. Glad i changed.

# 1 backup all your data! It will get erased in bootloader unlock (external SD card will not be erased)

# 2 copy EU MiUI to SD card (not internal memory)

#3 unlock boot-loader - attention, will format your phone, copy all your data!

#4 install TWRP via fastboot and after boot to TWRP

#5 you can then root with Magisk if you want root

The same happened to me. Tried installing google play services again, but no luck. It gets installed, but still don't work.
I even tried to root and then use Magisk module to install goolge play services, but nothing. Miui 12.5.1 CN really blocks google!

It was hard, but managed to change the ROM to Miui by xiaomi EU 12.5.1. And it's very good. Glad i changed.

# 1 backup all your data! It will get erased in bootloader unlock (external SD card will not be erased)

# 2 copy EU MiUI to SD card (not internal memory)

#3 unlock boot-loader - attention, will format your phone, copy all your data!

#4 install TWRP via fastboot and after boot to TWRP

#5 you can then root with Magisk if you want root
Thank you for your very helpful response! I'll tackle this later this week when I can do without it for a day or so. Don't need root on this phone just a working work-horse mobile. Even considered replacing it but this mobile ticks all the boxes. This fix should be straight forward enough. 12.5 is truly horrible.. what were they thinking, the pro Mi Max 3 cn version was sold everywhere!

Mine is just a regular mi max 3.
I don't have a pro.
Please check compatiblity of the ROM.

In some pages there is a warning to not lock the bootloader again, as it will brick the phone.

Take special care if you use miflash.
There is an option to flash and lock in the lower quadrant of the aplication! In some versions, that option comes as a default!

Mind that unlocking will erase the phone.
Do a backup!

Thanks for that. I've been looking for a specific rom and guide for the CN Pro version, however as the phone is now useless, I don't have a lot to lose trying to fix what Xiaomi has broken. More research is needed on migrating to the EU ROM on my Mi Max 3 Pro 6gb/128gb

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I've been looking for a specific rom and guide for the CN Pro version, however as the phone is now useless, I don't have a lot to lose trying to fix what Xiaomi has broken. More research is needed on migrating to the EU ROM on my Mi Max 3 Pro 6gb/128gb

sadly i followed instructions to the letter, usb debugging and oem unlocking allowed, added account successfully, switched to mobile data on account sim, disabled driver signature, disabled firewall, checked phone is present in device magager, put phone into fastboot but phone will not show up in unlock tool. What can i do next please? phone easily connects to pc to move files around, is the problem that it is the 128/6gb cn version
Mine is just a regular mi max 3.
I don't have a pro.
Please check compatiblity of the ROM.

In some pages there is a warning to not lock the bootloader again, as it will brick the phone.

Take special care if you use miflash.
There is an option to flash and lock in the lower quadrant of the aplication! In some versions, that option comes as a default!

Mind that unlocking will erase the phone.
Do a backup!

sadly i followed instructions to the letter, usb debugging and oem unlocking allowed, added account successfully, switched to mobile data on account sim, disabled driver signature, disabled firewall, checked phone is present in device magager, put phone into fastboot but phone will not show up in unlock tool. What can i do next please? phone easily connects to pc to move files around, is the problem that it is the 128/6gb cn version?

Look at this forum. There might be a solution

I did all that also.
Do you have ADB?
Thank you for getting back .Yes, are they right ADB files? Im losing hope :(
with phone connected in Fastboot mode
Device Manager ..Android Phone... Android Bootloader Interface .Driver.. Xiaomi Technology.Inc date 3/11/2016 version 16.0.0.0
3 files in win 32\drivers
winusb.sys
WdfCoInstaller01009 dll
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll

Go to your ADB Folder.
Put phone in fastboot mode.
Type
Fastboot devices

Does your device shows up?

Go to your ADB Folder.
Put phone in fastboot mode.
Type
Fastboot devices

Does your device shows up?
not for that it didnt but i downloaded an unlock tool with batch unlock not from mi.com and bingo i am unlocked!!!! now to flash a usable rom

Congratulations!
EU.xiaomi is nice. Google works fantastic.
No bugs so far for me.
Please tell Wich ROM have you chosen and what's the benefits

Congratulations!
EU.xiaomi is nice. Google works fantastqic.
No bugs so far for me.
Please tell Wich ROM have you chosen and what's the benefits
I've installed the Mimax 3 latest stable eu rom, biggest problem was finding a zip location that was accessible by TWRP. After many attempts settled on moving the rom to the sd card android/data/com.android.fileexplorer/files/external/your rom zip. Then realised i needed to re-format data as the install failed on mounting data. The install went ok after reformat data, walked away for half an hour and got system on boot up. I like it far more than the cn rom with no google after 12.5 update but needed to sideload chrome, play services were already in. Now just playing with it to see how it goes.

I would say that's a promising start. Thank you for your help.

CC ROM also caught me of guard.
Glad i could Help.
Didn`t had that the specific data partition problem, i did in TWRP the full wipe, and then the phone wouldn`t boot.....
The i went to instructions, and it said not to wipe system partition......You don`t imaging the chills i had.
Then i tried once again to flash EU.miui and like magic it started!
Guess there is some luck in the hole process.
The ROM do SD card problem, i had that too. The only way was to copy the ROM to SD card.
So far the only issue i found was contact app. It doesn`t dial ou message on the fits click on the button. it takes some fiddling to get a call to start.

Hi all,
I have a Xiaomi MI MAX 3 4Gb and 64Gb
I want update to MIUI 12.5.1
I need to record the Phone Calls, this version have the button to record in Calling App?
If not present any one have checked successfully any third part App?

Many thanks in advance
Francesco

Hi all,
I have a Xiaomi MI MAX 3 4Gb and 64Gb
I want update to MIUI 12.5.1
I need to record the Phone Calls, this version have the button to record in Calling App?
If not present any one have checked successfully any third part App?

Many thanks in advance
Francesco

Hi
Yes, it has the option to record calls.
Greetings.