In Progress 2.10.12 GPS NOT WORKING

karmakula

Members
Aug 27, 2011
I flashed 2.10.12 on my sgs2 from the scratch and I found that GPS is not working.
Anyone had the same issue?

I just update it and it is working perfectly fine here on gmap.

But while using navigation it stuck at searching my location...! Strange
Can Anyone else confirm it?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I just update it and it is working perfectly fine here on gmap.

But while using navigation it stuck at searching my location...! Strange
Can Anyone else confirm it?

Do you see the gps icon flashing on the notification bar when you strat gmaps?

I used GPS test app and its not catching any signal

mine doesn't work too. I can't even toogle the gps in the status bar. the gps icon doesn't show up too.
I tried to replace the networklocation.apk with the one from last build and then reboot. It seems ok now, toogle works again, gps icon shows up, but I didn't check it outdoor so I'm not sure if it really works.

Reactions: karmakula
Just checked, the NetworkLocation.apk of 2.10.12 is exactly the same with the 2.9.29 one. So it should not cause the gps problem. Although since replacing the apk, I don't have gps problem anymore.
Perhaps it has something to do with the cache because after replacing the apk and reboot, it was optimized by the system.

My GPS doesn't work either.. it shows the icon in the notification bar but never locates me.

What should I do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This only affects some people and I don't know why. Maybe its because this ROM is used in 88 different countries. Try and download FasterFix, updated Gapps and random other google related things.

Bug is not reproducible in my NS, SGS3 or Xiaomi MI2.

This only affects some people and I don't know why. Maybe its because this ROM is used in 88 different countries. Try and download FasterFix, updated Gapps and random other google related things.

Bug is not reproducible in my NS, SGS3 or Xiaomi MI2.

This is 100% a bug because when we replace networklocation.apk with one from the older build it works fine.

Hi! Me too! I also have the same GPS problem. The GPS radio seems normal at first because you can still enable and disable it manually from the settings menu. But when I use GPS dependent apps like Google Maps or Foursquare, the GPS location function does not work and the GPS icon in the notification bar just keeps blinking forever. I hope there is a hotfix for this. My phone is HTC Desire HD using MIUI version 2.10.12. Thanks!

GPS works perfect for me on maturity

Screenshot_2012-10-14-12-27-56.png

Screenshot_2012-10-14-12-31-36.png

Hi guys! Just an update on my problem! And also you might wanna read on this as these might help the others who have the same problem above.
Upon reading on the suggestions above I had two options. First suggestion was to replace the current networklocation.apk with the one on the older MIUI version 2.9.29. Unfortunately, upon quick browsing of the MIUI version 2.9.29 ROM post (http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/2-9-29.18281/), there was no download for the HTC Desire HD which is quite odd. I did not dive further into the issue of the missing ROM download for my phone and just proceeded to the second and easier suggestion by our good Admin, iBotPeaches right here, and downloaded and installed FasterFix application from the play store. The concept of FasterFix is it simply lets you change the default NTP server of your phone with the one nearest you. Since I live in the Philippines, I chose ASIA from the standard options. Then tried it outside if it works. So I activated my GPS and opened Google Maps, then the GPS icon just kept blinking in the notif bar for almost a minute that made me really anxious. But then, lo and behold, I got a GPS lock! Admittedly at first the GPS lock seemed quite unstable as my location dot in the maps keeps moving a little back and forth between short distances. Then after a while it became stable. And that's it. End of story. Sorry for the long post. I hope you try the suggestions mentioned above and here as these might solve the GPS problem. Anyways thanks iBotPeaches for the wonderful suggestion and more power for the MIUI community. Thanks! ;)

Below is screenshot of Google Maps as proof of GPS location lock. :)
2012-10-15%252006.13.13.png