2.3.30 bugs thread

Angelo

Members
Feb 18, 2012
samsung galaxy s2
When i go to miui's in built apps menu and try yo move an app to usb storage no app will allow to be moved. They all give 'could not move app' error.

Anyone else get that?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hi
I thought before I open another threat I tell the bug I found here

I've got the SGS2 and Basically every time I try to download an asp from the Market I get a notification that the Alp couldn't be downloaded with the error code (-101), has anyone any idea? I looked through the the web and couldn't find a solution!

Thx

Hi
I thought before I open another threat I tell the bug I found here

I've got the SGS2 and Basically every time I try to download an asp from the Market I get a notification that the Alp couldn't be downloaded with the error code (-101), has anyone any idea? I looked through the the web and couldn't find a solution!

Thx
Unmount the internal storage?

Did that and no changes whatsoever... I tried everything... Still no changes. I reinstalled the market, deleted data and mounted and unmounted the sd-card which seems to be the internal storage because there is no other storage shown... I might be wrong but the sd-card on the sgs 2is the internal storage? Normally its not but there is nothing else in recovery except "mount sd-card" or "mount USB storage"... Am I doing something wrong here?

There is a definite bugg for SonyEricsson Arc S with MIUI 2.3.30 .. for ex. I can not instal Cardio Trainer app as the Play Store says "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I know it works on ICS Beta.. original rom.. but not on latest MIUI... Could someone take care of this? Thank you.

- browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped." Nothing happens if I click on it.

There is a definite bugg for SonyEricsson Arc S with MIUI 2.3.30 .. for ex. I can not instal Cardio Trainer app as the Play Store says "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I know it works on ICS Beta.. original rom.. but not on latest MIUI... Could someone take care of this? Thank you.
We haven't done anything with the Arc S yet.

I just found a bug:
Last week I was able to theme systemUI, but this week when I try to apply the same theme, it only changes the icons but not the statusbar changes the theme is suppose to change.
The theme doesn't even appear under Themes>Customize>Status bar

Also, I have a question, are we able to hide apps yet. I found how to password protect them but not hide them?

I just found a bug:
Last week I was able to theme systemUI, but this week when I try to apply the same theme, it only changes the icons but not the statusbar changes the theme is suppose to change.
The theme doesn't even appear under Themes>Customize>Status bar

Also, I have a question, are we able to hide apps yet. I found how to password protect them but not hide them?

Anything theme related is unfinished functionality and not a bug.

Reporting a few bugs I've noticed over the weekend for the SGS2

- Bluetooth file transfers (options>share>bluetooth) aren't sending
- When using the torch from the lock screen, every now and then there will be a 'hiccup' and even when the screen is off the torch will still shine
- The background/lock screen background for the new alarm app is different to the one I have set for my lock screen. Not sure if this is intentional.
- Every now and then when unlocking the phone the original lock screen background appears for a brief second before showing the background I chose and the unlock button/s
- The music app is a little unstable. When you receive a call it pauses, as it should, after the call however it unpauses the music then freezes the screen and causes a FC of either the music app, the launcher app or simply reboots the device.

That's all I've found so far.

Kudos to Mark and everyone else who puts in time to make this ROM work!

Reactions: Angelo
Reporting a few bugs I've noticed over the weekend for the SGS2

- Bluetooth file transfers (options>share>bluetooth) aren't sending
- When using the torch from the lock screen, every now and then there will be a 'hiccup' and even when the screen is off the torch will still shine
- The background/lock screen background for the new alarm app is different to the one I have set for my lock screen. Not sure if this is intentional.
- Every now and then when unlocking the phone the original lock screen background appears for a brief second before showing the background I chose and the unlock button/s
- The music app is a little unstable. When you receive a call it pauses, as it should, after the call however it unpauses the music then freezes the screen and causes a FC of either the music app, the launcher app or simply reboots the device.

That's all I've found so far.

Kudos to Mark and everyone else who puts in time to make this ROM work!

I confirm all of the above

Sent from my GT-I9100

When I long press icons on home screens, it won't shift over to the next home screen when I drag the icons to the edge of the screen. I've reinstalled the ROM and still have the same issue

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

The Launcher crashes quite a lot when I close a browser. When I've tried catching a logcat I can't seem to find anything in red and/or obvious. Is it worth me posting the logcat anyway for those types way cleverer than I to decipher? Nexus S

More bugs:
- contact app - long press on any phone number and pick "Copy to clipboard" < it won't copy anything.
- old UI (Samsung Stock): Emergency call

Great ROM, Thanks =)

SGS2 -
1) FC at Messaging -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> SMS centre number (report sent)
2) FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status (report sent)
3) Two Android keyboards are included - v 4.0.3-2.3.30 and v4.0.4-255454. We can delete one of them. (I disabled v 4.0.3-2.3.30)
4) IM app from samsung ROM doesn't work. I think it should be deleted from MIUI ROM.
5) Samsung browser SecBrowser.apk is included in system\app but it's not used - there is Browser.apk. (I deleted it with root explorer).
6) Settings - LED. As far as I know SGS2 doesn't have any LEDs.
7) Settings -> Display -> Brightness. If you uncheck auto and move slider from left to right there is some very bright level near the dark end.
8) Widget Favorites turns pages very slow.
9) Wallpaper is shifted to the right some times. Screenshot_2012-04-04-14-19-42.png It's OK after reboot.
10) FM Radio app is cropped on notifications Screenshot_2012-04-04-14-23-44.png
11) Google Play store can be updated, last version is v3.5.15 but as far as I know it was released only for US now.

Great ROM, Thanks =)

SGS2 -
1) FC at Messaging -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> SMS centre number (report sent)
2) FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status (report sent)
3) Two Android keyboards are included - v 4.0.3-2.3.30 and v4.0.4-255454. We can delete one of them. (I disabled v 4.0.3-2.3.30)
4) IM app from samsung ROM doesn't work. I think it should be deleted from MIUI ROM.
5) Samsung browser SecBrowser.apk is included in system\app but it's not used - there is Browser.apk. (I deleted it with root explorer).
6) Settings - LED. As far as I know SGS2 doesn't have any LEDs.
7) Settings -> Display -> Brightness. If you uncheck auto and move slider from left to right there is some very bright level near the dark end.
8) Widget Favorites turns pages very slow.
10) FM Radio app is cropped on notifications View attachment 3592

I've checked majority of those bugs - they are all correct.