In Progress 2.4.6

tungst5n

Members
Mar 21, 2012
Not sure if anyone else is having this but once I flash 2.4.6 on and reboot, I keep getting force close issued with Android every 15 seconds. I redownloaded the file and still getting the same issue. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone else is having this but once I flash 2.4.6 on and reboot, I keep getting force close issued with Android every 15 seconds. I redownloaded the file and still getting the same issue. Can anyone confirm?

What is FCing?

Also can you provide a logcat of the issue please. Thanks

Also can you provide a logcat of the issue please. Thanks
I flashed back to 2.3.30 but I'll try to get flash forward and get a log

I had fc'ing and reboot when I was trying to flash over the existing build. I wiped data and caches and reflashed the new rom. It worked but the kb issue was there again, but just choose touch input from the settings menu works.

However, now on 2.4.6, I find that my screen doesn't turn off after the set interval. I tried playing with the display settings but the screen never shuts off. Anyone else have this issue? I am not running any different kernels either if that helps.

EDIT: Re-downloaded the rom fresh today and reflashed the rom over. Seemed to work.

dear all..

i have a problem with my SGSII....my batery drained after certain time... very fast drain...eventhough i have charged it and the batery still drain.
can anyone help me?
The camera lights not latching on is it??? Also have u tried resetting the battery stats????

I had force closing/boot looping also, when I tried to install it over top of 2.3.30. Also the built in updater doesn't work. It downloads a 6mb file and when I go to install it, it boots into recovery-ish and starts the install the I get the android with the triangle and does nothing. Any ideas?

I had force closing/boot looping also, when I tried to install it over top of 2.3.30. Also the built in updater doesn't work. It downloads a 6mb file and when I go to install it, it boots into recovery-ish and starts the install the I get the android with the triangle and does nothing. Any ideas?

Don't use OTA with ICS. Sometimes it points to the Chinese OTA instead of ours, and then mixes our ROM with theirs and creates problems.

oh. Is there anyway to use the OTA updates for your roms? And I still can't get the 2.4.6 rom to work properly without completly wiping, or is that just the prerequisite?

We do OTA but ICS is still buggy so we're reluctantly postponing the OTAs for ICS. You can always grab the ROM from our file mirror for each weeks version. Often the best way and i'd always recommend waiting for a few hours after the release so we can get user test reports or bug FC's back so we can fix it up as quick as we can.

Is there a way to install it over miuiandroid 2.3.30 without losing everything? Whenever I try I FCing on com.android.phone and usually it bootloops

Lol. If youre changing to ICS from Gingerbread, you have to wipe, HENCE your constant force closing. If you're already on an MIUI ICS rom and are flashing 2.4.6, then no, you don't have to do a full wipe.

Backup everything and then wipe. If you backup, you won't lose anything. Simple. :)

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via Tapatalk 2.0 :) Pardon errors.]