Resolved 2.6.29 Passion wifi will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

pconwell

Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wifi will not turn on, it just keeps saying "turning on wifi" and nothing else happens. Here is the relevant logcat:

http://pastebin.com/uan1MQw0

It doesn't seem to show anything particularly noteworthy to my unprofessional eye.

I tried 2.6.22 - wifi seemed to work, although it would never actually connect (I'll chalk it up to a problem on my end). I tried a fresh install, and an install over 2.6.22. I also tried doing a factory reset and running 'fix permissions' with no luck.

EDIT: Also, I meant to add that I ran a diff on /modules/bcm4329.ko from .22 and .29 and they are exactly the same, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the wifi driver (I would assume).

EDIT2: After doing a full wipe - here is a much shorter logcat from trying to turn on wifi. As you can see, there is not much there:

Code:
  311    ar.NetworkController  D  updateTelephonySignalStrength: mSignalStrength == 19(GSM) 16(CDMA)
  154        SettingsProvider  D  external modification to /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db; event=2
  154        SettingsProvider  D  updating our caches for /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
  154        SettingsProvider  D  cache for settings table 'secure' rows=47; fullycached=true
  154        SettingsProvider  D  cache for settings table 'system' rows=54; fullycached=true
  311    ar.NetworkController  D  updateTelephonySignalStrength: mSignalStrength == 18(GSM) 16(CDMA)
  311    ar.NetworkController  D  updateTelephonySignalStrength: mSignalStrength == 19(GSM) 16(CDMA)
  311    ar.NetworkController  D  updateTelephonySignalStrength: mSignalStrength == 20(GSM) 16(CDMA)

EDIT3: I found this link which I though was interesting, so I tried to create a symlink - but for some reason, busybox isn't working correctly. Pretty much the only terminal (adb) command that would work was 'cd'. Everything else gave me a "/system/bin/sh: [command]: not found"... interesting...

So this is an unofficial ROM? I don't remember us having a passion device officially.

Yeah, my bad. I downloaded it from MIUI.us and was confused - though I downloaded it from you guys.

Sorry!

I know this was the wrong place to post this, but I just wanted to follow up because I don't like to leave things hanging just in case someone stumbles upon this from google.

This is where this belongs: http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?22360-MIUI-2-6-29-Passion-WIFI-not-turning-on

(turns out the problem was /system is too large, causing copy errors that aren't being reported during install. I removed some unneeded crap from /system/media and reinstalled and it works now).

Thanks, and sorry again for posting on the wrong forum:p

Status
Not open for further replies.