MIUI 12.1 20.8.25/27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, i can't research this as the app requires an Wifi chip, which my PC does not have.

But i'm really curious as how this is working, if anyone got this working, tell me.

if it works on the mi9,

but the pc app is all in Chinese,
Even so I managed to get it to work but the screen looks black in the application that is, I cannot see anything, it stays loading,

It still works because I can hear the sound from my phone on the pc and I can control it too, I just can't see anything, just hear the sound for now.

I guess it will improve with the following roms and updates to the pc application.

by the way i use a usb wifi adapter.

I saw in other forums and others if you could use it with the app and your xiaomi mi9 phone,

but they use the xiaomi matebook,

I use windows 10 pro, so I think that the screen failure also has to do with this,

on the other hand when I saw the video
I saw that the Chinese woman used windows 10, however I suppose it was windows 10 on a xiaomi matbook and that's why it works for them
but i hope it will work on my pc eventually
with the time

nope not installed
an no storsge problems
I have problems with dual application installed, caused the the system is not stable, on WhatsApp I can not make backup, and storage problem.
Anyone has the solution with dual application

I just discovered a possible bug, long press actions for buttons is no longer available, the setting is completely gone:

07fe0389236dfc0153fc441115bee503.jpg

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
Have you managed to solve it? Any solution other than returning to the previous ROM?

Enviado desde mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

currently I'm on 20.6.18 beta, can i upgrade to current version (20.8.25) without loosing data...?

built-in update option always ends up on "not responding" error.

device: Xiaomi Note 10 (CC9 Pro)
Download the rom zip file and then select it from update / choose update package.

Hi,
i'm using MIUI 12.1 20.8.25/27/28 on my Mi Note 10.
When using camera, I can't use 5x Zoom camera for video.

Thank's

Hello!

I am trying to update my Mi 10, but i have the TWRP in chinese from the OP, this one that you used, where can i find it? it is the same that the one in the OP?

Also, which password is to be used to decrypt the data on recovery? I have tried with my PIN, my xiaomi account password... and nothing seems to work! A looong web search didnt solve the mistery.

Thanks in advance!
try a pattern, it seems to work fine

Thanks everyone that reply with a solution to my problem.

I deactivated my fingerprint and lock pin and try to upgrade, and problem solved!

After the upgrade, i have to register my pin and fingerprint again, but it is a small price to pay in order to be on the last version of the rom.

Seems pretty smooth, and the phone works great. Thanks to the devs and keep it on!

Reactions: Oxnap and j santi
Hello!

I am trying to update my Mi 10, but i have the TWRP in chinese from the OP, this one that you used, where can i find it? it is the same that the one in the OP?

Also, which password is to be used to decrypt the data on recovery? I have tried with my PIN, my xiaomi account password... and nothing seems to work! A looong web search didnt solve the mistery.

Thanks in advance!
when you use android 11, twrp cant decrypt using pasword, you have to use slide to unlock, so a pattern

i tried 8.20.13, 20 and 25 but cant use Vowifi.
On stable , android 10 it kicks in, anybody know why?
i am on mi 10 pro global, and stable 12

Have you managed to solve it? Any solution other than returning to the previous ROM?

Enviado desde mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk
Nope but I hope it gets sorted in the next / last release for my device, if not I take 8.20 as final as battery was quite decent as well.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: j2002
Hello!

Thanks in advance!
According to other people, the TWRP does not accept passwords.

You will therefore have to change the security on your phone to use a pattern, not a password.
When you go into recovery mode, you will then put in the security pattern for your phone in order to decrypt. There is sometimes a delay before you can put in your pattern.

Because I have always used patterns on my phone, I did not realise that there was this issue with TWRP and passwords.

[Edit: Just seen that you have sorted it out. That is good.]

Last edited:
Reactions: eduardoac_99
20.8.28 umi Mi 10 report:

-Still no bubbles/balloon notifcations (messenger chat heads);
-Camera app/gallery app crash a lot of times when I take a picture/try to open/ try to edit/zoom in (got a notification sayng media storage keeps crashing once);
-Sometimes apps stop opening and I have to reboot the phone;
-Random reboot (happened 2 times);
-Everything got unfocused and had reboot the phone (happened 1 time);
-The text select bar when writing has a huge drop on it (instead of below it) making it hard to use;
-Car auto -> Spotify wont overlap car audio music if the Adjust multimedia sound to multiple apps is disabled (not sure if it is supposed to happen);

Amongst other minor bugs.

Using 20.8.28 on Mi 10 (umi)
Each time when I reboot, the home launcher and system apps and third party apps such like Facebook will become 60Hz refresh rate
But the games which only run 30Hz on China Rom will run in 90Hz
If I reset the refresh rate in setting, system apps and third party apps will run 90Hz as usual, but the games will go back to 30Hz
Is there any way to lock the games in 90Hz?
Sorry for bad English.

I'm having bootloop on 20.8.27 mi 8 explorer (ursa)
Totaly "new" device. I just unluck bootloader and that's formating everyting
flashed TWRP and then this ROM
2 tries 2 bootloops
I didn't tried any older versions yet
Any ideas?

I'm having bootloop on 20.8.27 mi 8 explorer (ursa)
Totaly "new" device. I just unluck bootloader and that's formating everyting
flashed TWRP and then this ROM
2 tries 2 bootloops
I didn't tried any older versions yet
Any ideas?
Did you format data? Not just wipe /data partition but format?

20.8.28 umi Mi 10 report:

-Still no bubbles/balloon notifcations (messenger chat heads);
-Camera app/gallery app crash a lot of times when I take a picture/try to open/ try to edit/zoom in (got a notification sayng media storage keeps crashing once);
-Sometimes apps stop opening and I have to reboot the phone;
-Random reboot (happened 2 times);
-Everything got unfocused and had reboot the phone (happened 1 time);
-The text select bar when writing has a huge drop on it (instead of below it) making it hard to use;
-Car auto -> Spotify wont overlap car audio music if the Adjust multimedia sound to multiple apps is disabled (not sure if it is supposed to happen);

Amongst other minor bugs.
did you installed dual application?
In my case If I dont install dual application, the system is working fine

Polaris Mix 2s is all fine via dirty flash. The VDO is super smooth! It's like i got new vdo camera on this phone. Thanks to the dev!

Status
Not open for further replies.