Resolved [21.1.20][Mi9] Widevine L3

henno

Members
Oct 30, 2019
After dirty flashing 21.1.20 on my Mi9 coming from 21.1.14 Widevine security level changed from L1 to L3. Anyone else having this problem?

Seems like Xiaomi removed the L1 libs they added by mistake in the last release of Mi 9...
No worries, we already added them back and we'll reupload the ROMs for cepheus and raphael soon.
As for pyxis and grus, there are no L1 libs for Android 11 yet, we'll have to wait for a Global ROM based on Android 11.

Seems like Xiaomi removed the L1 libs they added by mistake in the last release of Mi 9...
No worries, we already added them back and we'll reupload the ROMs for cepheus and raphael soon.
As for pyxis and grus, there are no L1 libs for Android 11 yet, we'll have to wait for a Global ROM based on Android 11.
Thanks you for your reply.. By the way great work

Thanks for the quick fix and the reupload! Widevine back to L1 with latest upload.

After installing the latest firmware (for fix widevine) all the same. maybe there is some problem on my phone with the partition persist? Maybe it needs to be reflashed? from which firmware to take it?

Screenshot_2021-01-21-23-57-20-705_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg

The ROM with the fixed libs is already reuploaded for Raphael?

Because I already re-downloaded the zip from Source Forge (same MD5 from OTA update) and the issue persists

The ROM with the fixed libs is already reuploaded for Raphael?

Because I already re-downloaded the zip from Source Forge (same MD5 from OTA update) and the issue persists
Already reuploaded. Devices which lost their L1 keys before by wiping persist partition, will not get their keys back.
It's not like with devices such as Mi 10 series where you can request a new key...

Already reuploaded. Devices which lost their L1 keys before by wiping persist partition, will not get their keys back.
It's not like with devices such as Mi 10 series where you can request a new key...

Well I never wiped my persist partition and with 21.1.14 I had Widevine L1...

I just flashed this new update (21.1.20) and now lost it...

Like I said on my bug report this last update definitely screwed Widevine....

Because even rolling back to 21.1.14 the issue still exists

Last edited:
Well I never wiped my persist partition and with 21.1.14 I had Widevine L1...

I just flashed this new update (21.1.20) and now lost it...

Like I said on my bug report this last update definitely screwed Widevine....

Because even rolling back to 21.1.14 the issue still exists
Maybe, dunno. Some users confirmed that their L1 is back, that's all we can do here...

Maybe, dunno. Some users confirmed that their L1 is back, that's all we can do here...

I just wanted to ask the question related to widevine L1 & L3

Can we download the L1 status back through the settings like we are able to do on some devices like redmi note 8 but not on redmi note 7 for example:

I invested so much time to figure out what was the difference and I was just digging and going around files and I I founded something in the device features XML file of venus:

Code:
<!-- wheter the device support widevine l1, 1: support, 2: ota_support -->
    <integer name="support_widevine_l1">2</integer>

When I added this in my lavender I got the option of widevine otherwise before this I was only getting two options which are basically related to China banking I guess

But when I tried to download it I got a error -10009 also I already had L1 so I think it could be because of that also a friend of mine told me that it usually works on global stable ROM so you could try it on that but I didn't had the time so I didn't do that but since you are a Senior developer you will be able to tell this better will this method work
56d52570f23b098dc138a46750b71a5a.jpg
aa81e638a541e05b8615dae61b781605.jpg
5a12ba5e4ccf2bebd7f5a54fb6f9409e.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Because literally if this method works for people on the global stable ROM so many people will be able to favour from this and I just want the whole community to grow and fix any problems that they are stuck in as this is life policy.

Because literally if this method works for people on the global stable ROM so many people will be able to favour from this and I just want the whole community to grow and fix any problems that they are stuck in as this is life policy.

We've already tried to do that on a cepheus which lost its L1 certificate, back when it had Android 10. Ported all the necessary files, and according to the logs, a new key was received from the server successfully, only then it fails with an obscure error. I'm sure I could dig deeper if I had that device in hand, or any other device with a similar issue, but I don't, so it's not an option right now.

We've already tried to do that on a cepheus which lost its L1 certificate, back when it had Android 10. Ported all the necessary files, and according to the logs, a new key was received from the server successfully, only then it fails with an obscure error. I'm sure I could dig deeper if I had that device in hand, or any other device with a similar issue, but I don't, so it's not an option right now.
I am so Sad

By the way thanks alot for sharing your experience.

Really Appreciate all the hardwork done by this community.

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
I have still the same issues with widevine L3 after installing the re-uploaded ROM. I have never persist wiped my phone and had before the android 11 update no problems with xiaomi.eu. Sadly besides that problem I have massive problems with WiFi on 5GHz too.