MIUI 13 22.1.5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 10 Ultra WhatsApp dual app not working. I receive notifications but can't open dual app. This and previous seem cell signal goes and disapears.
Thank you guys.

Mi 10 Ultra WhatsApp dual app not working. I receive notifications but can't open dual app. This and previous seem cell signal goes and disapears.
Thank you guys.
Yes, known and already reported issue.

scrolling friction? what the hell is that? is that "lag" ?
No. It's not lag. It is what it sounds like. When you scroll in settings app it takes little amount of scroll force to get to the end of the list. It continues to scroll by itself with little effort. Do the same in let's say Instagram and the scrolling takes much more force to get anywhere. I guess some people just don't notice details like that. My thumb gets tired of all the swiping needed to get anywhere. It wasn't this bad in MIUI 12.

Samsung gets it right. Apple gets it right. So does Huawei. But this is the worst scrolling behavior I've noticed by any manufacturer.

In older Android version scrolling friction could be controlled with Xposed Frameworks mod (XuiMod) but that was a few Android versions ago and does not work anymore.

Skickat från min Mi 10 Pro via Tapatalk

Mi10/Umi
Bugs/missing features

- Stability issues with modem: using a 5G NSA connection with B7(L2600) as PCC + n78 (3500) produces a modem crash with RACH failure, tested with different 5G sites, carriers and vendors. This causes the phone to go in "No Service"/freezing of data connection until a reboot or a modem restart is done (Airplane mode toggle won't solve anything).
- "5G energy saver" toggle removed.
- "5G Carrier aggregation" toggle appeared under "Advanced Settings" in "SIM and Mobile Networks": it does nothing.
- 5G icon is displayed incorrectly (it shows up when a SIM with DCNR restricted comes under 5G coverage it can't access).

- How do you know it's RACH failure? Did you read L3 messages? If so, how?
- It's still there - Settings, Battery, settings icon at the upper right corner.
- 5G CA is meant for 5G SA networks where you can aggregate multiple CCs on 5G network, just like you can on 4G. It's still an 'exotic' feature for 99% of the world.
- Yeah, I noticed that one as well. It shows 5G icon even though it says DCNR restricted.

Anyhow, all of these are Xiaomi related, nothing to do with EU team probably.

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: matcel
No. It's not lag. It is what it sounds like. When you scroll in settings app it takes little amount of scroll force to get to the end of the list. It continues to scroll by itself with little effort. Do the same in let's say Instagram and the scrolling takes much more force to get anywhere. I guess some people just don't notice details like that. My thumb gets tired of all the swiping needed to get anywhere. It wasn't this bad in MIUI 12.

Samsung gets it right. Apple gets it right. So does Huawei. But this is the worst scrolling behavior I've noticed by any manufacturer.

In older Android version scrolling friction could be controlled with Xposed Frameworks mod (XuiMod) but that was a few Android versions ago and does not work anymore.

Sorry but we only have XIAOMI phone here. We found this normal.....

" Fix - Holding the power button to open the power menu takes 3 seconds [Android 12 only] " Actually it could take longer, or even better if user could adjust it. Would be a good security feature.

The solution is simple - go back to MIUI 12...

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot and geoorg
- How do you know it's RACH failure? Did you read L3 messages? If so, how?
Yes, indeed: via Network Signal Guru app (under "Signalling" page, licensed version) and AirScreen program (root needed + opening of diag ports, licensed version).
- It's still there - Settings, Battery, settings icon at the upper right corner.
It's not there, at least on Umi (where it was), I'm not blind. Look here
IMG_20220109_004728.jpg
- 5G CA is meant for 5G SA networks where you can aggregate multiple CCs on 5G network, just like you can on 4G. It's still an 'exotic' feature for 99% of the world.
I know, but Mi10, as of today, is not capable of doing 5G Carrier Aggregation (proved by looking at UE Capability Information, with this switch turned on and off in SA mode, under Signaling in NSG app; and confirmed by looking at carrier aggregation combos on cacombos.com).
- Yeah, I noticed that one as well. It shows 5G icon even though it says DCNR restricted.

Anyhow, all of these are Xiaomi related, nothing to do with EU team probably.
I agree with you, can we do something to bring these bugs to the attention of someone who can solve them?

Last edited:
Yes, indeed: via Network Signal Guru app (under "Signalling" page, licensed version) and AirScreen program (root needed + opening of diag ports, licensed version).
Nice ;) I'm aware of Network signal guru, but I'm not rooted unfortunately..

It's not there, at least on Umi (where it was), I'm not blind. Look here
That's weird. I have the switch for 5G battery saver there. Mi 10 as well. Can you try to change your language to Eng? Might be related to that.. although I've no idea, just thinking out loud.

I know, but Mi10, as of today, is not capable of doing 5G Carrier Aggregation (proved by looking at UE Capability Information, with this switch turned on and off in SA mode, under Signaling in NSG app; and confirmed by looking at carrier aggregation combos on cacombos.com).
Mi 10 is using snapdragon X55 which is capable of 5G CA. Looking at UE capability information is not really reliable, since UE will respond to what network asked only. The network won't ever ask it if it supports 5G CA(since your network probably doesn't support it - as I said, really exotic feature) hence UE will never say anything about 5G CA in UE capability information msg.

I
I agree with you, can we do something to bring these bugs to the attention of someone who can solve them?
I don't know tbh, probably directly to Xiaomi, but I doubt they care :D

When I delete photos in the gallery, then I can't find the recycle bin. I have the clean ROM installed on the Mi 11 Ultra, does anyone know where it is? I want to restore some photos. Thanks
Found a solution? Same happens on stable... (Anyways they can be found in android/data/com.miui.gallery/files/trashbin)

That's weird. I have the switch for 5G battery saver there. Mi 10 as well. Can you try to change your language to Eng? Might be related to that.. although I've no idea, just thinking out loud.
Just tried changing region and language: nothing happens.
Mi 10 is using snapdragon X55 which is capable of 5G CA. Looking at UE capability information is not really reliable, since UE will respond to what network asked only. The network won't ever ask it if it supports 5G CA (since your network probably doesn't support it - as I said, really exotic feature) hence UE will never say anything about 5G CA in UE capability information msg.
For that reason I also looked at cacombos.com and submitted a log, they also show Hardware combos (not dependent on what the network you're using is asking the UE). We've seen only with X60/Snap888 the first phones showing 5G CA in HW combos (n78-n78, n1-n78, n28-n78).
I don't know tbh, probably directly to Xiaomi, but I doubt they care :D

- Unable to select MBNs for SIM slot 2 (SUB_1), via *#*#663368378#*#* debug menu [modification is possible only via PDC tool in QPST suite, after enabling some diag ports, root required].
No idea, it's not a tool that's even meant for the end-user, only to be used in extreme cases. We don't maintain it, it's Xiaomi's toy.

- "5G energy saver" toggle removed.
Might have to do with new carrier config. Make a log using ADB, immediately after a reboot, using this command:
Code:
adb logcat -s FiveGManager

- "Dual Wi-Fi" toggle removed.
Thanks, "Dual band Wi-Fi speed boost" restored for the next release.

- "5G Carrier aggregation" toggle appeared under "Advanced Settings" in "SIM and Mobile Networks": it does nothing.
And it shouldn't do anything, for most parts of the world, at the moment.

- SoT removed from Battery usage statistics (using "Screen Time" is not the same thing, because it will count usage on 24hrs, not on a single charge) [temporarily solvable by using GSam battery monitor app, root required].
Yup, also Xiaomi's problem. It's been missing since they made changes to the Security app, so report to Xiaomi.

- Cannot disable "Receive notification about app behaviour" (green dot in upper left corner) under "Privacy".
If you mean the green pill for camera and microphone usage, then it's not a bug, it's an Android 12 "feature".
Up to Xiaomi to handle that.

- Cannot hide VoLTE/VoWiFi icon.
Nothing new. Don't remember you ever being able to do so.

- Data counter reset date has been removed
Not a bug, Xiaomi removed it completely. Can't be restored by us.

I used the built in update / TWRP to update from 12.5.7 on mi note 10. At first I thought it had failed as first boot took a long time.

Once it started though I am very impressed. This has always been a slow phone. There has never been a rom either xiaomi.eu or standard that was fast. All of a sudden now it is much more responsive. I have never before seen it go so fast.

Thank you to the devs for all the continued hard work.

I have a small error in that I get the message the permissions app keeps stopping but apart from that it appears to be running very well.

Also there is no vibration when using the gboard on screen keyboard. If I go to the options it does vibrate when I change the level from low to high for example but not when actually using the keyboard.

Edit 2

Just tried the camera. How is this even possible???? I just took 8 photos in short succession with hardly any delay between shots. Usually after you take one you have to wait before it is ready to take another. This is amazing! Strangely only possible with main lens. Wide still takes a while before you can take the next photo.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: biscoot
Mi 11 Lite 5G.
I'm frankly tired of all the issues I have. I flashed weekly update with wipe when A12 became available. Since then a lot of apps stopped working.

AquaMail app can longer do backups, telegram app can no longer record and send voice messages, tapatalk app cam no longer open topics - just to name a few... Also apps randomly enable and disable autorun.

And the cherry on the top is bluetooth headphone issue in this release. Their sound is simply too low. Checked on another phone - everything works fine. Rebooting the phone, disconnecting, pairing from scratch - everything is the same (too quiet sound).

P.S. I figured nomedia file not working for Mi file explorer is A12 issue

Hello, yesterday I installed the ROM 22.1.6 and now "Mi unlock Status" doesn't appear, any solution? My device is a Mi 10T with A12

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-08-22-09-17-141_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-08-22-09-17-141_com.android.settings.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, it's not a tool that's even meant for the end-user, only to be used in extreme cases. We don't maintain it, it's Xiaomi's toy.

Might have to do with new carrier config. Make a log using ADB, immediately after a reboot, using this command:
Code:
adb logcat -s FiveGManager

Thanks, "Dual band Wi-Fi speed boost" restored for the next release.

And it shouldn't do anything, for most parts of the world, at the moment.

Yup, also Xiaomi's problem. It's been missing since they made changes to the Security app, so report to Xiaomi.

If you mean the green pill for camera and microphone usage, then it's not a bug, it's an Android 12 "feature".
Up to Xiaomi to handle that.

Nothing new. Don't remember you ever being able to do so.

Not a bug, Xiaomi removed it completely. Can't be restored by us.
Thanks a lot for the clarification, I'll do the logcat as soon as possible. What about modem crashing under that particular condition and Wireless display?

OK, anyway, here's the log for 5G energy saver option. Thanks a lot.
Yes, looks like it's disabled by carrier config.
Code:
D FiveGManager: phoneId: 0, is5GPowerSavingAvailable: false
Do the following:
Code:
adb shell getprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric
Write the output.
Also:
Code:
adb shell dumpsys carrier_config > carrier_config.txt
Attach the carrier_config.txt file.

Yes, looks like it's disabled by carrier config.
Code:
D FiveGManager: phoneId: 0, is5GPowerSavingAvailable: false
Do the following:
Code:
adb shell getprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric
Write the output.
Code:
  getprop gsm.sim.operator.numeric  22210
Also:
Code:
adb shell dumpsys carrier_config > carrier_config.txt
Attach the carrier_config.txt file.