Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-13-18-13-414_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-13-18-13-414_com.miui.home.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 9,104
Last edited:
Reactions: Kyestrika
Successful (dirty) flash of the ROM, TWRP and Magisk on my Redmi K40 Pro+. Coming from the previous MIUI 14 Dev ROM.
I'll repost the steps I followed since they seemed to help a few people in previous version's thread.
Merry Christmas to everyone (who is celebrating it)!

My SUPER conservative procedure after years of experience with failing at various steps for certain ROMs, especially new ones:

Optional pre-step for dirty flashing:
Delete / move all scripts apart from the "XXXX_fastboot_update_rom.xxx" script for yor OS from the extracted ROM directory to avoid costly mistakes.
  1. Powered off phone completely
  2. Entered fastboot via Power Button + Volume Down
  3. Checked phone is detected with
    Code:
    fastboot devices
  4. Flashed ROM via PowerShell with
    Code:
    .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
  5. Waited for reboot - entered system and waited for the update to finish - didn't do anything with the phone yet
  6. Powered off phone completely
  7. Entered fastboot via Power Button + Volume Down
  8. Booted into TWRP with
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A12-haydn-skkk.img
    1671480731539.png
  9. Flashed TWRP via Advanced -> Flash current TWRP
    1671480782089.png
  10. Powered off phone completely
  11. Turned phone on again, waited to get back into system and checked everything is fine

--- STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT/NEED ROOT ---

12. Powered off phone completely
  13. Entered recovery via Power Button + Volume Up
  14. Installed Magisk-v25.2.apk via TWRP (changed the extension from .apk to .zip, resulting in Magisk-v25.2.zip)
  15. Powered off phone completely
  16. Turned phone on again

Last edited:
where do you get this modules ? and how do you config your phone to pass the safety net? thanks
Followed the steps shared by another user.
Dirty flashed 1st Miui14 and today's release with these steps.
Modules you may find on their repository, telegram, web.
Will not speak more about magisk, it's off topic and we were warned already (permban)

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk

Attachments

• e4a5c35dd7586b4948b4f387f99c76e9.jpg
    e4a5c35dd7586b4948b4f387f99c76e9.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 664
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: katerpanne
Mi share not functioning ? Anyone also having the same issue ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-20-36-41-517_android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-20-36-41-517_android.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 1,976
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Birraque
NFC payments doesn't work at the moment in POCO F3. I have tried everything to solve it, but it's impossible. I have changed the HCE wallet option too, but it doesn't work.

psyche 12X
After updating 12.19.DEV on my device everything was ok but as soon as I tried to install magisk (patched from 12.8.DEV boot.img) I couldn't launch any
app at all (the system pop-up kinda saying "wait for the system finishing to update") - not even working widgets.
Repeated the updating again and same result, So I patched the current 12.19.DEV boot.img and it's working

NFC payments doesn't work at the moment in POCO F3. I have tried everything to solve it, but it's impossible. I have changed the HCE wallet option too, but it doesn't work.
In which way and which app are they not working? Are you rooted?
Asking because my Redmi K40 Pro+ is at least in the same family of devices and payments work fine via Google Pay/Google Wallet, even with root but I had to jump through additional hoops for that.

psyche 12X
After updating 12.19.DEV on my device everything was ok but as soon as I tried to install magisk (patched from 12.8.DEV boot.img) I couldn't launch any
app at all (the system pop-up saying kinda "wait for the system finishing to update") - not even working widgets.
Repeated the updating again and same result, So I patched the current 12.19.DEV boot.img and it's working
You cannot reuse a patched boot.img from another ROM version, LOL! It's a miracle if it worked ever and it's for sure not a problem with the ROM.
You always reflash/repatch Magisk after each update. I prefer the TWRP installation method but to each one their own.

Reactions: KGVER
You cannot reuse a patched boot.img from another ROM version, LOL! It's a miracle if it worked ever and it's for sure not a problem with the ROM.
You always reflash/repatch Magisk after each update. I prefer the TWRP installation method but to each one their own.
I did for all the previous roms prior to TWRP releasing. ATM no TWRP version

Any problem here. Did you set a lockscreen pattern?
Try to reset NFC from the settings page (Ripristina funzionalità NFC in Italian) and search for NFC app permissions in apps.
Android 13 has a lot of new permissions that may have not been set while updating from 12 (this if you didn't made a fresh installation)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-14-18-28-399_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-14-18-28-399_com.android.settings.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 375
I did for all the previous roms prior to TWRP releasing. ATM no TWRP version
Again, just cause it worked somehow for you doesn't mean that it's the correct procedure. In fact it's completely wrong and nobody should be following that or reporting bugs after doing so. ;)
Also, if you're on Xiaomi 12X, Psyche TWRP is available for you. You cannot update the ROM through it but you can, for instance, install Magisk via it. Just follow my post above, the procedure is the same for all devices.

Again, just cause it worked somehow for you doesn't mean that it's the correct procedure. In fact it's completely wrong and nobody should be following that or reporting bugs after doing so. ;)
Also, if you're on Xiaomi 12X, Psyche TWRP is available for you. You cannot update the ROM through it but you can, for instance, install Magisk via it. Just follow my post above, the procedure is the same for all devices
I've been waiting for the definitive TWRP version

My system launcher keeps soft restarting over and over again. Does anybody else have this issue?
Try reflashing and following the super-safe steps outlined in my post above. Do not skip anything even if it seems silly or redundant. I read from your signature that you are on a Rooted Xiaomi 12 Pro?
Did the crashes start after or before rooting on the new version?

Last edited:
Hi Team,
I had this issue with the first beta...updated it today but still my work profile is having issues.
The service has managed to install successfully.
However, whenever I try to launch MS Teams, MS Outlook, OneDrive etc., the app launches but hangs.
It is supposed to come up with the certificate selection but that option is not coming. see sample below.

I have attached the link for logcat as well. Appreciate if anyone would be able to assist.
https://mega.nz/file/ctEhBbDC#Tqt3NqOJ_v4xoWK8qiurhld2nlcF6az6eNehKe9qw2o

Thank you very much in advance.

Hoping to get some response this time...
If not, I'll go back to MIUI 13 while waiting for some fix to come along..

Any advise @ingbrzy or @Igor Eisberg ?

Someone has posted on the bug section as well but not much help there.. hopefully the developer can advise?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-21-31-25-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-21-31-25-402_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Try reflashing and following the super-safe steps outlined in my post above. Do not skip anything even if it seems silly or redundant. I read from your signature that you are on a Rooted Xiaomi 12 Pro?
Did the crashes start after or before rooting on the new version?
Yes, I am on a rooted XM 12 Pro. The crashes seem to be related to launcher mods by Customiuizer and MiuihomeR. I will try the method you posted.

Reactions: Lim-Dul
Dear xiaomi.eu programmers. Congratulations, as always for your work. A small question. I am considering buying the xiaomi 13 pro. This is not a request, it is simply a query. In your long experience when do you think they will come out or could there be compilations of your wonderful rom for this phone? And I'm not talking about exact dates, but a rough estimate of time based on your experience. Thanks in advance for your work and support.

Hello everyone. Update ok for Xiaomi mi11 however in the changlog we talk about adding new capsule widgets.
But where are they?
Thank you

Reactions: Ryoma
Are there any special recipes before flashing if the system cannot start after flashing?
I'd try wiping cache/dalvik via recovery (e.g. from TWRP) but apart from that I can't think of any. If you have bootloops or other problems try dirty flashing again and see if this helps.
If it doesn't, the next step would be to back up your data (both the partition and separately the storage directory) and do a clean install.

Reactions: g00drich
Dear xiaomi.eu programmers. Congratulations, as always for your work. A small question. I am considering buying the xiaomi 13 pro. This is not a request, it is simply a query. In your long experience when do you think they will come out or could there be compilations of your wonderful rom for this phone? And I'm not talking about exact dates, but a rough estimate of time based on your experience. Thanks in advance for your work and support.
We do not have device yet..

My system launcher keeps soft restarting over and over again. Does anybody else have this issue?
Yep, mine at some point when it start to download the previous apps it gets bootlooped until it sends me to Fastboot, if i use it without downloading anything it works fine, but with downloads it gets broken, in poco f3

Status
Not open for further replies.