MIUI 14 22.12.19/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help
9da50018f6b2f87d1f2e6f34d3bec1ad.jpg

Envoyé de mon Redmi K20 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

If you're super new to fastboot, non-recovery ROMs as you probably are I'd recommend the super-safe update procedure I posted here. Follow all steps to the letter.

If you're super new to fastboot, non-recovery ROMs as you probably are I'd recommend the super-safe update procedure I posted here. Follow all steps to the letter.
I really wish I'd seen that a few hours ago. I installed the rom on my F3 today and the process nuked my whole device. It's hard-bricked with a black screen now and it's completely unresponsive. I can't even get into EDL mode.

The weirdest part is that it looked like everything went fine with the install. Is there a log anywhere? I'd like to see whether the bat spit out any error messages before it finished. Also, i guess there's nothing much i can when i can't manage to get EDL or anything activated, eh?

I really wish I'd seen that a few hours ago. I installed the rom on my F3 today and the process nuked my whole device. It's hard-bricked with a black screen now and it's completely unresponsive. I can't even get into EDL mode.

The weirdest part is that it looked like everything went fine with the install. Is there a log anywhere? I'd like to see whether the bat spit out any error messages before it finished. Also, i guess there's nothing much i can when i can't manage to get EDL or anything activated, eh?
Yeah... If you don't manage to get into EDL I wouldn't know what to do. Heck, I wouldn't even know what to do if I was unable to get into Fastboot apart from hiring one of those shady EDL services on Telegram.
Oh, the glory of fastboot ROMs. Now I know why I stayed off them until recovery ROMs became available. Managed to almost nuke my phone right when it came out too.

Is it possible that battery consumption is pretty high on this update? Standby is 26.87 mah on my 12X is second highest usage after screen
For me too , poco f4 gt , full wipe .
High battery consumption
And the phone is always kinda warm .

Reactions: Putti
Updating Poco F3 from 22.10.12 to 14.0.22.19DEV via included Linux Update-Script successful, no overheating (ok, didn't play any game yet), banking app still working, call recorder still working, no issues until now.
AnTuTu Benchmark:
Do you get the old nfc icon in the status bar? I don't. The nfc payments are broken since miui 14 arrived. Google pay don't work neither the banking app

Hi guys,
I haven't upgraded to MIUI14 yet, but I was wondering if xiaomi has finally disassociated the gestures from the default launcher or if nothing has changed.
Thanks

do i need to remove all my passwords, pin, pattern, fingerprint, etc, before updating miui 14 via fastboot to prevent me from losing access to my data and applications that were password protected? this happened before updating via recovery. Data was encrypted on upgrades in recovery mode if you don't remove passwords first.

Redmik50GT installed via Fastboot... restarted 1 time on first launch but after that all good THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... If you don't manage to get into EDL I wouldn't know what to do. Heck, I wouldn't even know what to do if I was unable to get into Fastboot apart from hiring one of those shady EDL services on Telegram.
Oh, the glory of fastboot ROMs. Now I know why I stayed off them until recovery ROMs became available. Managed to almost nuke my phone right when it came out too.
Do you know what the difference between a fastboot and recovery rom is? Essenetially , a recovery rom is a sripit running a batch file, whereas, in a fastboot rom, it is running a sript that install everything individually, but they use the same basic commands. I personally like fastboot roms, as they are extremely easy for accessing the boot.img and patching it for rooting purposes.

Do you know what the difference between a fastboot and recovery rom is? Essenetially , a recovery rom is a sripit running a batch file, whereas, in a fastboot rom, it is running a sript that install everything individually, but they use the same basic commands.
A recovery ROM and a fastboot ROM do the exact same thing - writing images sequentially to block devices.
The only difference is the mechanism which is used to accomplish it (fastboot being the lower-level one).

K50 ultra here, confirm that I've same behavior...tried clearing cache/data, uninstall/reinstall google map with no luck

Digging deeper in old threads, factory reset seems fixing that issue for some people but that will be the last resort. Good luck
I have my problem fixed by changing the GPS settings of google maps with previous post suggested.

Reactions: lawrence124
Do you get the old nfc icon in the status bar? I don't. The nfc payments are broken since miui 14 arrived. Google pay don't work neither the banking app
No NFC-icon in my status bar, but it is enabled (scanning NFC,-tags is working). NFC-payment not tested and not used yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.