MIUI 13 22.5.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, do you know if it is the same for the stable ROM? I've been having this issues, plus my smartwatch keeps randomly disconnecting after the last update

After 5 Days,,, Some Points about 22.5.18 Beta
(Device: Poco f3)

1. Fingerprint works slower than the older version.
2. Ram Management is poorer than the older version (Background apps re-load every time after few seconds)
3. Phone Lag occasionally (never faced before)

Is everything ok in your device @gogocar62 @Skallr ?
1. Maybe, but not really noticeable
2. Apps does not re-load everytime but RAM management is in fact a bit poorer
3. Did not notice any lags

Reactions: kaziTuHiN
today I could unlock my Mi11 Ultra.. did a clean install with 22.5.18
and the same problem like with my Mi11 Venus...

Cloud Backup is still not possible. "no server connection"...

and in the Mi11 Ultra the "location" toggle is missing
edit: toggle showed up after 30mins....

Last edited:
Reactions: Birraque
Can I flash a recovery after I install android 12 / MIUI13 via fastboot? Is yes, which one and how to intall? Poco f3 / redmi k40 here. Thanks

If you mean a custom recovery, yes you can but there's no need. No fully functional custom recovery for A12 yet
Yeah I know, I just like to have it. Better than the miui stock one. Which one you reccomend? Orange fox? Thanks btw

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot
Yeah I know, I just like to have it. Better than the miui stock one. Which one you reccomend? Orange fox? Thanks btw
Find the folder with your device codename
Good luck

i have tried both stayble and weekly release of eu rom, miui 13 with clean install option in my mi 10i 5g (redminote9pro5g rom) and this keyboard cursor bug happens every time after few minutes of using any application like notes, facebook etc. if i clean cache, it becomes normal for few minutes. but after some times it happens again and again. i can't seem to solve it. i attached a video of the behaviour. after some times of usage the cursor jumps to the end of the sentense wherever i put the cursor. i love eu rom, and this was not the behaviour in any of my previous miui 12 install. can anyone help?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i have tried both stayble and weekly release of eu rom, miui 13 with clean install option in my mi 10i 5g (redminote9pro5g rom) and this keyboard cursor bug happens every time after few minutes of using any application like notes, facebook etc. if i clean cache, it becomes normal for few minutes. but after some times it happens again and again. i can't seem to solve it. i attached a video of the behaviour. after some times of usage the cursor jumps to the end of the sentense wherever i put the cursor. i love eu rom, and this was not the behaviour in any of my previous miui 12 install. can anyone help?

Are you able to change your network preference?

Poco F3:
- I don't receive any sound and vibration of fb messenger' notifications. Though the bubbles are shown when turning on screen.
- The badges on icon are not updated after reading messages from bubbles.

Poco F3:
- I don't receive any sound and vibration of fb messenger' notifications. Though the bubbles are shown when turning on screen.
- The badges on icon are not updated after reading messages from bubbles.
Oh I found out that no sound and vibration because of lock screen notification is off. This behavior is not good at all :(

i have tried both stayble and weekly release of eu rom, miui 13 with clean install option in my mi 10i 5g (redminote9pro5g rom) and this keyboard cursor bug happens every time after few minutes of using any application like notes, facebook etc. if i clean cache, it becomes normal for few minutes. but after some times it happens again and again. i can't seem to solve it. i attached a video of the behaviour. after some times of usage the cursor jumps to the end of the sentense wherever i put the cursor. so, i have to restart the app before continuing typing. i love eu rom, and this was not the behaviour in any of my previous miui 12 install. can anyone help?

anyone can confirm if u r facing the same problem? i tried previous two weekly build and two previous stayble build. the same happens everytime.

no no problems
What exact steps to be taken during flash? I have tried several approach including erase and format userdata in fastboot before flash. Factory reset from settings after flash. I used flash with format data option. At first boot after flash the file manager crashes with disconnected message and storage shows full. But after another reboot it becomes normal. Several times call log doesn’t show the contact names. But at the last try that was fixed. Only remaining bug is this cursor jump issue. Is there more way i can try?

Last edited:
What exact steps to be taken during flash? I have tried several approach including erase and format userdata in fastboot before flash. Factory reset from settings after flash. I used flash with format data option. At first boot after flash the file manager crashes with disconnected message and storage shows full. But after another reboot it becomes normal. Several times call log doesn’t show the contact names. But at the last try that was fixed. Only remaining bug is this cursor jump issue. Is there more way i can try?
Maybe you should try flashing the stable rom with format data first and see how it works for you .
Then you could update to the weekly rom if all goes well.

in the fastboot rom is a version of fastboot that dont recognize your device… if it is the correct rom version :)

check your device codename
# fastboot getvar product

But it doesnt matter. You have two options:
1.) copy the fastboot files from "c:\adb" to "c:\test\bin\windows"

1650449918734.png

2.) delete these lines in the fastboot*.bat file and save it
-> delete: for /f "tokens=2" %%D in ('%fastboot% %* getvar product 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /l /b /c:"product:"') do set device=%%D
-> delete: if "%device%" neq "venus" echo This package is for "venus" devices; this is a "%device%". & exit /B 1
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it doesn't work.
I chose option 2., so I set a "rem" in front of those two lines.
Now it says the errors shown in the attached screenshot.
The errors continue, each time it says FAILED...

What can I do?

Overall I am quite disappointed, I did everything in the way it ist decribed. Is it possible, that I have to update former versions before?

To be sure: Did you mean I have to do BOTH options or are they truely optional, as I used only option 2?

In addition: What does the message mean "Device does not support slots" ? It seems that this is the problem.

Best regards.
Jens

Attachments

• Bild 1.jpg
    Bild 1.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Kijas
This rom has Google (search) v13.xx by default. Android Auto+Waze voice command does not work in my language with this version only with Google v12.
Forced downgrade to v12 with ADB and disabled the update in google play, yet after a restart it updates itself back to v13 and voice command stops working :(
Why/how does it update itself and how can I prevent it and force it to stay at v12? Google play still says it can be updated so this thing works, but something updates it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.