MIUI 13 22.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

everything was fine on Mi 11 lite 5G NE (Lisa) :

Boot orangefox with fastboot, PIN ok, flash of orangefox.zip file, then, after reboot to recovery, flash of update 22.8.10.
And, cherry on the cake, I didn't lose data !

Reactions: katerpanne
Installed the Version today on my MI11. So far no problems, Upgrade was easy enough but the Upgrader said always that my partition is encrypted, even if i remove the Passwort and the Sim Cards. In the Upgrade Process itself no question for any password.

Is this normal?

Installed the Version today on my MI11. So far no problems, Upgrade was easy enough but the Upgrader said always that my partition is encrypted, even if i remove the Passwort and the Sim Cards. In the Upgrade Process itself no question for any password.

Is this normal?
i have mentioned a workaround in my howto and some twrp are not working for 100%. i think its mentioned a lot of times. enjoy the sun…

• Haha
Reactions: biscoot and TuxLin
i have mentioned a workaround in my howto and some twrp are not working for 100%. i think its mentioned a lot of times. enjoy the sun…
You did not in this complete thread, so maybe instead of writing about that you wrote somewhere about a howto, you can give a helpful answer?`
Before you write something about search function, i searched before i wrote about it and got results like this: ( https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-eu-encrypted.63307/ ) which are not helpful!

Thanks, enjoy the sun too!

• Angry
Reactions: katerpanne
You did not in this complete thread, so maybe instead of writing about that you wrote somewhere about a howto, you can give a helpful answer?`
Before you write something about search function, i searched before i wrote about it and got results like this: ( https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-eu-encrypted.63307/ ) which are not helpful!

It makes a lot more sense to have everything centralised in an how-to than to copy paste every time in the weekly thread.

if you think you can do it better… then make it instead of blaming ! Do you think the people will help you in case of these arguments? Katastrophe…

Last edited:
This is true, do you have maybe the link to the how to where the encrypted part is mentioned?

Hello everyone, I've recently had the problem that my call list and messages are no longer synchronized. Already flashed back to original ROM and again to xiaomi.eu. When I try to activate it, I get the message to enter my phone number. Then fails with the message SMS sync has not been activated Tap to repeat service has not been activated tap to try again....

Even OTG, i charged the update; but install fail since booting into TWRP didn't mount nor charge any slot = Phone empty. I don't want format data to get anything showing up finally.
This happened to me, I used the Xiaomi flashing tool to go back to stock(make sure you dont have lock enabled on the bottom left, I booted that image up once and then started the whole process as listed per xiaomi.eu, and it worked.

I'd like to thank the developers for their hard work.
I am on Mix4 and have updated to weekly 22.8.3, however there is lagging issue similar to other people experiencing. Back button, volume button, app notification no longer showing. Any recommendations on which weekly version works well with Mix4? I prefer not to format so I'd like to stay on weekly rom. I am assuming downgrading weekly to weekly does not require format. TIA for any suggestions.
Hello! I am also the owner of Mix 4, and as far as I remember, the friezes started from version 22.7.13, but now (22.8.3) I began to catch such lags less, as if the phone itself is cured, the behavior is very strange.

Hello! I am also the owner of Mix 4, and as far as I remember, the friezes started from version 22.7.13, but now (22.8.3) I began to catch such lags less, as if the phone itself is cured, the behavior is very strange.
Same here. Strange side effects I think. Also for the notifications problems if it can help I managed to partially fix it by set to "No Restrictions" the MIUI battery optimisation for the apps which I want notifications. Sorry for approximative english

Reactions: Redjedi

Is this normal?
what is normal, for,sure, YOU NEED TO PROGRESS IN ROM UPDATE SKILLS!
- Is your closest kidgarden is open in this time?
That is the good place for all your post and comments!
Bye superuser. won't miss you!

It makes a lot more sense to have everything centralised in an how-to than to copy paste every time in the weekly thread.
I personally think that complete how-to had to be in the Weekly OP posts (not in the separate thread one has to search for). And copy/pasted (with some updates) to together with the rest of OP, every week

Reactions: biscoot
I personally think that complete how-to had to be in the Weekly OP posts (not in the separate thread one has to search for). And copy/pasted (with some updates) to together with the rest of OP, every week
I would say a static link in the OP would be useful, this way the how-to can be maintained independently of the releases.

Reactions: zgfg12 and biscoot
I think it is very difficult to make a global howto for all devices, possibilities.

on the #1st page are some hints and there are a lot of howtos in the topics for the devices.
I have tried to make a detailed fastboot/recovery howto with a lot of hints I know or I have found in this forum.

The challenge is to keep it update to date and that some people dont read it and use the forum as a chat group / dont describe in detail what they did, which version and so on.

So here are so many "unrelevant" messages and nobody will read the topics or the answers/solutions in the howto from other users, coz it is too much.

Last edited:
There are reasons why there are always a lot of people miss the old fastboot more vs TWRP, and ask help for TWRP, everyweek.
You will not get help. The only thing they do is ask you to read previous blogs and solve it by yourself.
I guess they can not realize that people ask questions just after they tried many times accroding to these blogs, but still failed.

Problems with TWRP_recorvery method:
1. when change to TWRP from fastboot, you have to format your device and clear data
2. even you backup, not all the data can come back. These will be lost, such as 1) login of some app(almost all apps), 2) message recording of some app (wechat, line, etc)
3. for some devices, TWRP come out after 1 year you have use your device. It means you will lose a lot of data.
4. They are always saying the convinience of TWRP. But actually as a third party tool, TWRP itself is inconvinient enough.
5. You can see people complaining failure with TWRP, every week! And they will not get help in this forum. They get scorn and ridicule--why dont you learn by yourself.
6. The real OTA is not to via such a thrid party tool. Maybe andorid people should learn from apple. Beta version of IOS is so easy to install, no tool, no formating data. Pure and real OTA. From stable version to beta, from beta to stable version, freely and no data lost!

For me, I tried TWRP method, but it is too late until I learned the lessons. I did everything accroding to previous blogs. But still, I failed with TWRP, and I lost all my message recordings of social apps, including some precious ones. They will not come back from so-called backup.

ATTENTION: OFFTOPIC :)

xiaomi.eu is a free project and you have not to pay anything.... all guys do it in their free time ...

You will not get help.
-> alot of guys try to help based on the infos they got

when change to TWRP from fastboot, you have to format your device and clear data
-> wrong statement it is not true

even you backup, not all the data can come back.
-> sometimes if you restore old backups, they dont match with newer software

for some devices, TWRP come out after 1 year you have use your device. It means you will lose a lot of data.

You can see people complaining failure with TWRP, every week! And they will not get help in this forum.
-> wrong statement it is not true - tell us your challenge in detail and I think you will get answers
-> a statement "I did everything" and no error messages / versionsinfo and so on
is not target-oriented

Here are so many people who try to help...

Maybe andorid people should learn from apple.
-> if you jailbreak your iphone (like custom rom on android) you have the same challenges

And instead of complaining... try to support the community. Where are your HowTOs / solutions :)

Last edited:
Let's read previous blogs carefully, and then deny.

1660782904628.png

when change to TWRP from fastboot, you have to format your device and clear data

Attachments

• 1660738579222.png
    1660738579222.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
its only the rough guideline…

Do I have to format (not wipe) Data in TWRP
You have to format (not wipe) data in TWRP
- if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time
- if you change from weekly to stable (recommended)
- if you change from stable to weekly (recommended)
- you will loose your data -> make a backup

Reactions: Vampiro and biscoot
Status
Not open for further replies.