MIUI 14 23.1.9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must contact your carrier network support.
Everything that read from your complains seems to be from T-Mobile US side.
If your carrier support VoWiFi and SMS/MMS over LTE/WiFi things like APNs should be settled (internet, IMS and Xcap). Some technical inputs from carrier, provisioning and network knowledge are mandatory. Don't push Xiaomi.eu to fix what they didn't changed.
I'm currently using Poco F3 also and none of your reported issues.
Dude, no such problem with GLOBAL poco f3, it's indeed dev problem or xiaomiui lol
the same operator the same functions ALL work on the original firmware from xiaomi IN THE USA, this is one hundred percent fault of the xiaomi eu or chinese dev firmware itself

Last edited:
Hi, my Mi 11 Lite is running on old September 2021, MIUI 12.6 (21.9.15) weekly.

Can I safely upgrade to this weekly *without* formatting data ?

I guess this will be a two step jump :emoji_worried:, any concerns/precautions ?

MIUI, 12.6 (21.9.15) -----> 14 (23.1.9/10)
Android, 11 -----> 13

or should I instead do a interim upgrade to a previous MIUI 13 weekly to be safe?

Dude, no such problem with GLOBAL poco f3, it's indeed dev problem or xiaomiui lol
the same operator the same functions ALL work on the original firmware from xiaomi IN THE USA, this is one hundred percent fault of the xiaomi eu or chinese dev firmware itself
Then try the Chinese rom and see if it works? That's how you'll find the answer. No one else is going to test it for you because it either A) Works for them already or B) We don't use those features or C) aren't on T-Mobile.

Hi, my Mi 11 Lite is running on old September 2021, MIUI 12.6 (21.9.15) weekly.

Can I safely upgrade to this weekly *without* formatting data ?

I guess this will be a two step jump :emoji_worried:, any concerns/precautions ?

MIUI, 12.6 (21.9.15) -----> 14 (23.1.9/10)
Android, 11 -----> 13

or should I instead do a interim upgrade to a previous MIUI 13 weekly to be safe?
That's a big jump. I'd back up your apps and data just incase and try. I've been dirty flashing since the summer (MIUI13 dev builds), but I don't think anyone else on here has been dirty flashing from as old of a rom as you have, or at least they haven't been reporting it on here.

Reactions: miieu
That's a big jump. I'd back up your apps and data just incase and try. I've been dirty flashing since the summer (MIUI13 dev builds), but I don't think anyone else on here has been dirty flashing from as old of a rom as you have, or at least they haven't been reporting it on here.
Thanks! I guess the built-in MIUI backup is good enough to backup both apps and data.

Hopefully some developers here can share further insights for big jumpers like me. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Thanks! I guess the built-in MIUI backup is good enough to backup both apps and data.

Hopefully some developers here can share further insights for big jumpers like me. :emoji_sweat_smile:
You should backup your internal storage as well (photos etc) just in case you're stuck having to format. I'd imagine most responses are going to be just to format anyway in order to prevent other issues.

can someone please tell me... and help me how to get this to work?

i am on POCO F3

I'm currently on MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/V14.0.23.1.9.DEV (clean flash with format data, newest TWRP and Magisk root)
My virus scan app hangs in the settings when updating from first time... manuell
Its hang by text Update/Refresh... all the time.
and has an unknown date in the virus database status.

i reboot, make delete App Data and cache...
i load the new an old Apk cleaner App and security center App from APKmirror and nothing change... same Problem.
or it is a other APK for Virus Scan?

greatings

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-28-23-20-49-940_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-28-23-20-49-940_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

I'm currently on MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/V14.0.23.1.9.DEV (clean flash with format data, newest TWRP and Magisk root)
My virus scan app hangs in the settings when updating from first time... manuell

i load the new an old Apk cleaner App and security center App from APKmirror and nothing change... same Problem.

greatings
Device....?

Shutdown phone. Start phone while holding up volume button. It usually works after that
If its just the mounting errors after the flash succeeds then they don't matter unless you're flashing more zips after that. If so reboot to recovery again and flash additional zips. Otherwise just reboot to system.

I'm facing problems with Mi Carousel on lock screen after last update at my Mi 11 Ultra.

The pictures stopped automatically update.

Please, find below the configuration screensshots.
HI guys,

Does anyone is facing the same problem?

Thank you.

Sorry Poco F3
It updates fine for me with the built in version on this rom on the two F3s I have. Are you using an ad blocker? It's possible the host is being blocked. I'm rooted and using adaway, but obviously it'll depend on the block lists being used if you are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-29-13-39-53-883_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-13-39-53-883_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: hofi01
It updates fine for me with the built in version on this rom on the two F3s I have. Are you using an ad blocker? It's possible the host is being blocked. I'm rooted and using adaway, but obviously it'll depend on the block lists being used if you are.

hy, yes i have adAway running, with there hosts files... i will test... deactivate... EDIT -- no change

i dont have Dafininition from AVAST only AVL is listet =???

with APK Version you have?

I have downloadet, Security APK 7.4.2-221221.0.1 from APKmirror.
i install it again and make some reboots with cleaning App data

Last edited:
hy, yes i have adAway running, with there hosts files... i will test... deactivate...

i dont have Dafininition from AVAST only AVL is listet =???

with APK Version you have?

I have downloadet, Security APK 7.4.2-221221.0.1 from APKmirror.
You're not supposed to update apks included with the ROM. It'll usually just results in breaking even more things and it's more difficult to troubleshoot/support.
I have the version that comes with this build.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-29-13-50-01-878_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-29-13-50-01-878_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 92
…I have downloadet, Security APK 7.4.2-221221.0.1 from APKmirror.
System apps should never be updated manually, because they are patched in eu-ROM. The actual valid version of a system app is always included in ROM update.

System apps should never be updated manually, because they are patched in eu-ROM. The actual valid version of a system app is always included in ROM update.

i know i don't usually update system apps. but I want the virus scanner to work. and have no other idea, except update manually
also back, with update reinstall. no result

i am on POCO F3

greatings
You clearly updated some MIUI system apps manually. From the moment you did that, you're no longer eligible to receive any kind of support from us.
Each one of those apps are being patched and they work fine.
Also, system-wide ad blockers can interfere with MIUI system apps, that has happened many times before.

You clearly updated some MIUI system apps manually. From the moment you did that, you're no longer eligible to receive any kind of support from us.
Each one of those apps are being patched and they work fine.
Also, system-wide ad blockers can interfere with MIUI system apps, that has happened many times before.

so i reflash miui Version, still the same...
can you help me now???

the error was already present in the original APP from EU beta, after a clean flash with format data.
came from EU beta 22.10.26
the note with the hosts, ad blocker unfortunately did not work. deactivate, restart.... and nothing change...
can you give me the APP APK from EU beta separately? or a other tip?

i like the forum, and this forum is here for help.
i think also Developer and user to user, even if the apps have been changed and rechanged. after an error.
maybe someone else can help me later with a other tip. such a small problem.

so i reflash miui Version, still the same...
can you help me now???

the error was already present in the original APP from EU beta, after a clean flash with format data.
came from EU beta 22.10.26
the note with the hosts, ad blocker unfortunately did not work. deactivate, restart.... and nothing change...
can you give me the APP APK from EU beta separately? or a other tip?

i like the forum, and this forum is here for help.
i think also Developer and user to user, even if the apps have been changed and rechanged. after an error.
maybe someone else can help me later with a other tip. such a small problem.
I'm on 23.1.9 on 4 devices and updating the virus scan definitions works fine. So, whatever this is - it's not a ROM issue.

I'm on 23.1.9 on 4 devices and updating the virus scan definitions works fine. So, whatever this is - it's not a ROM issue.
hmm

i have Magisk and adaway...

wait the next beta update...

and if it's still there... I'll do a clean flash again

Yes, it's tricky, I just don't understand it...

Have I forgotten to tack say yes by install MIUI to data protection rules somewhere?

thanks for help

Last edited:
After my Mi 11 Ultra ran out of battery, I now can't get back into Android system and bootloops (can't get past 3 dots screen) but TWRP and fastboot still work.

Anyone know how to get around this?

After my Mi 11 Ultra ran out of battery, I now can't get back into Android system and bootloops (can't get past 3 dots screen) but TWRP and fastboot still work.

Anyone know how to get around this?
Make a logcat during booting...

Status
Not open for further replies.