MIUI 14 23.1.9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mi 11 ultra crashes, is completely blocked, requiring a restart, after listening to whatsapp audio with the device in the ear.
It seems to be a problem with the sensor that turns off the screen when approaching the ear, because listening to the audio without putting the device to the ear it does not lock
This happens in the last 3 weekly beta versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-34-40-023_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-34-40-023_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: tobas2
hy

I solved the problem...

i download
https://miui-security-components.de.uptodown.com/android

MIUI security components 1.4.9​

install/update it, and now AVL was replaced by AVAST. and i can update now.
That means that AVL update server is being blocked on your device or network.
The Global "MIUI security components" you linked only has implementation for Avast, which isn't being blocked.
Since we have both, AVL update is being interrupted.

Today there was an update in google play 18 mb. I download it, restart it, while the phone restarts twice, and this update weighs again. Download again and the same situation! maybe there is a solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-31-10-53-14-116_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-10-53-14-116_com.android.vending.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 176
Today there was an update in google play 18 mb. I download it, restart it, while the phone restarts twice, and this update weighs again. Download again and the same situation! maybe there is a solution?
Dude, new google play system update has been patched with this weekly rom. And there is no new update for that. Are you sure you know what you're downloading?
Edit:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-31-13-18-02-654_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-13-18-02-654_com.android.vending.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Same here (haydn). Better just leave it for now and wait for the next weekly and then try again.

Poco F3 - ROM 23.1.19
The update went through without a problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-31-10-56-38-094_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-10-56-38-094_com.android.vending.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Birraque
Try dirty flashing the ROM again, don't clean flash.
Did not work unfortunately as TWRP entered some sort of warning mode after so many failed attempts at booting, could not flash the ROM or boot via fastboot into it. Had to do a clean install :(

I have problem on Mi 11 Ultra.
If I want to pay with NFC and have Dual apps enabled then it would open "dual" Google wallet, not "original" one. Thing is I didn't make Wallet dual app so phone makes it himself and is not visible in the launcher.
If I disable Dual apps all is good.

I need dual apps, is there any way to fix this or work around it?
Have you experienced the screen off when playing voice notes that causes the screen to stay black after listening to the message.
my mi 11 ultra crashes, is completely blocked, requiring a restart, after listening to whatsapp audio with the device in the ear.
It seems to be a problem with the sensor that turns off the screen when approaching the ear, because listening to the audio without putting the device to the ear it does not lock
This happens in the last 3 weekly beta versions.
Same thing happening to me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
did this update fix the call ringtone issue? My ringtone is not sound when getting calls even after i set the ringtone using Theme app.

Did not work unfortunately as TWRP entered some sort of warning mode after so many failed attempts at booting, could not flash the ROM or boot via fastboot into it. Had to do a clean install :(
If you get the warnings in twrp, go to the main menu of twrp, then reboot to recovery, and try to dirty flash again. Warnings are from the twrp, not the rom. I had the same warnings.

did this update fix the call ringtone issue? My ringtone is not sound when getting calls even after i set the ringtone using Theme app.
no, I am using 14.0.23.1.9.DEV on a Mi11 Ultra and have the same issue, there is no ringtone when getting an incomming call. Tried to use the theme app, no success.

Last edited:
Reactions: VultureXT
set it via Themes app..
as written, I did.

But I think I found it. I used Themes app, there my account on the bottom line, then settings in the upper rigth corner, enable ring tone of theme.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-01-18-06-02-249_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-01-18-06-02-249_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_2023-02-01-18-06-10-257_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-01-18-06-10-257_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Reactions: VultureXT
It's not a mystery. You replaced the MIUI security components app.

no, it is... it has nothing to do with updating the security components app.
I had this error, since the clean flash. adn again after dirty flash also.
and the error is unknown to me and you.

not replacing the app components is to blame for this weird error

after experimenting with updates.
it switched to Avast. and now it's working to me.

so it remains unsolved.

but one thing is certain. AVL is somehow blocked.

greating

If you get the warnings in twrp, go to the main menu of twrp, then reboot to recovery, and try to dirty flash again. Warnings are from the twrp, not the rom. I had the same warnings.
This was only after 5 or so failed boots, ROM was already installed and TWRP entered some sort of safe mode.

Hello, what worked for me on my MI 11 was the following, initially I installed TWRP, normally via fastboot, however, when installing the ROM, I got an error, when restarting, like in a loop, and it told me that "there was no operating system installed." Apparently when I installed the new TWRP, it was not left in the Ramdisk, so when it was rebooted, it returned to the previous version. What I had to do is copy via ABD, the TWRP IMG file to the internal storage, later, I went back to perform the TWRP installation via fastboot, and later, within the same menu, I accessed the "advanced" option, and I chose the "Install Recovery Ramdisk" option, and within that option, I chose the new TWRP IMG file, in the SDcard folder (it is the phone's storage) which I had passed via ADB, and installed it. By doing this, the new TWRP was installed in the RAMDISK memory and thus, when entering or restarting the TWRP, it no longer presents that loop. Later I installed the MIUI image, leaving only the last option (reboot after installation) activated after which the new version of MIUI, as well as my most recent TWRP, was installed normally.
I didn't have to delete anything, or modify anything, apart from the above, and all my files and applications were intact.
It should be noted that my device does not have a dedicated partition for recovery, and this can be changed depending on the cell's processor. My advice is that before installing the new TWRP, save a copy of the file in the internal memory of the phone, in case the problem can be solved as I did.

Here more information about this:
Devices with Boot as Recovery (A/B):
These devices don't have a dedicated partition for recovery.
The recovery ramdisk resides in the "boot_a" and "boot_b" partitions.
A shared kernel is used for both the system and the recovery.
Due to that, you should never flash a custom recovery image directly to the "boot_a" and/or "boot_b" partitions. If you do that, the system will fail to boot.
Platforms: Snapdragon 678/680/695/778G/778G+/780G/870/888/888+
Devices: alioth, haydn, lisa, mona, munch, odin, psyche, renoir, spes(n), star/mars, sunny, taoyao, thyme, venus, veux/peux, vili
Image size: 192 MiB (201,326,592 bytes), or 96/128 MiB (100,663,296/134,217,728 bytes) for low-mid devices
Installation:
code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
In the recovery interface: Advanced -> Install Recovery Ramdisk

On POCO F3 during incoming calls on both sims when VoLTE is active all incoming caller numbers are UNKNOWN. When I turn VoLTE off they are getting recognized. On another phone (Zenfone 8) everything is fine, so it isn't operators fault.

Reactions: thevlad
Status
Not open for further replies.