HyperOS 1.0 23.12.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just gone through some of my pictures, and I notice now that some of the non-camera pictures, eg. some WhatsApp, (non-edited) Screenshots, are forcing close after about one second. You can scroll to another picture within that second, and then, whichever picture is showing at that time, it will force close. So it seems to be a delayed force close action.

However, after doing the
adb shell pm clear com.miui.gallery
adb shell pm clear com.miui.mediaeditor

and rebooting, there are no forced closes. So all is again well. I had not properly checked all of the different pictures in Gallery previously. (Mea culpa!)
Nice, but no, still a temp.. minutes, hours fix.. Keep trying, the bug appears again and again. Adb commands is not a fix. Was not builds ago, was no two build ago, was no yesterday and it's not today. Not when after doing it it works 5 mins (maybe while stilll redoing the db) and people come fast to write it works! but it doesn't.. bug reappears..

Maybe you should have read the whole previous message. Beause I have said before the adb commands fixed it.. seemed so, but hours laters... again... and same many friends on a tg group the same experience... adb command is nice to try and say.. hey.. works.. till one hour later is.. s**t.. still no work..

can't download widgets, no response when i tap on arrow icon, is there a fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-27-10-45-11-156_com.miui.home-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-27-10-45-11-156_com.miui.home-edit.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,223
Last edited by a moderator:
since the release of this last beta everything worked perfectly on my Xiaomi 13 and since yesterday the gallery has started to close on its own again
this problem persists
and even though I tried the command lines, the problem is still there
!!

Reactions: ILFforever
How did you update ? What did you update?
Do you have a twrp recovery?
i dont have twrp i used the 2nd weekly hyper os update for diting using windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format same as i always do it it came up with loads of errors while flashing then phone was black screen nothing at all works pc not recognising adb or edl modes.so waiting for edl cable to come today to try that

since the release of this last beta everything worked perfectly on my Xiaomi 13 and since yesterday the gallery has started to close on its own again
this problem persists
and even though I tried the command lines, the problem is still there
!!
Same on Xiaomi 13 pro (nuwa) after adb command, problem of gallery still persist, location permission all set allowed, still same.

I'm having gallery problems since first hyperos build on nuwa. Adb fix doesn't work, it's temp fix for some minutes no more, and was the same on last two builds.

I hope devels can find and fix the problem, but I also hope people stop talking about the adb commands as a fix as it is not a perm full fix, just like a full reset of the app but the problem appears again and again.

Any one knows any free gallery app similar to the xiaomi one? Just show all the images or the folders/albums? Google photo doesn't wanna show all my photos, just some as all photos or by folders (that ok)

Same issue here on ishtar

Gallery and editor adb commands working only few minutes... I tried several times.. sometimes the gallery working 1-2-4-6 hours.. then again crash and closing when opening the image.

Bad battery life also.

Reactions: gotty
You have to clear (with the same method) com.miui.gallery AND com.miui.mediaeditor
My gallery don't crash anymore doing that, shame it has to be done with every update, but well, it's a matter of like 10 seconds.
It is worked only few hours. Still crashing the gallery

Same issue here on ishtar

Gallery and editor adb commands working only few minutes... I tried several times.. sometimes the gallery working 1-2-4-6 hours.. then again crash and closing when opening the image.

Bad battery life also.
For me battery is ok on nuwa, haven't notice a problem on that, gallery yes, crashing. Btw found that Google have an app called "Gallery" that fits perfect for me, its almost like Xiaomi Gallery, no edit and that things but its ok for show photos and not having a crash hehe.

Hope devels can fix it, we are on good hands, and keep saying, I hope people stop saying the adb is a fix it when it is not..

I wanted to try the auto-disconnect charging function by connecting the phone to the car with Android Auto during navigation, but at the set 80% threshold, the phone continued to charge even after reaching 80%. Is it a bug, or did I do something wrong?

Nuwa the 5G connection is permanently active if available. The ultra & power saver mode don't switch back to 4G this has last worked on 11.27.

The 12.18 is a really good release just this quirk is not yet understood to me. I live in Austria with "Hutchinson 3" for a network provider.

Any ideas? Could someone pm me a guide to port the modem from 11.27?

I'm having gallery problems since first hyperos build on nuwa. Adb fix doesn't work, it's temp fix for some minutes no more, and was the same on last two builds.

I hope devels can find and fix the problem, but I also hope people stop talking about the adb commands as a fix as it is not a perm full fix, just like a full reset of the app but the problem appears again and again.

Any one knows any free gallery app similar to the xiaomi one? Just show all the images or the folders/albums? Google photo doesn't wanna show all my photos, just some as all photos or by folders (that ok)
Weirdly enough, I've been doing the adb commands "fix" for the last three releases, and they worked all week until the next release, this time they simply don't.
Have you tried, after the commands and before opening the Gallery app, to enter the Gallery infos and giving location permissions?
I always did that and before this release it has always worked.

Nice, but no, still a temp.. minutes, hours fix.. Keep trying, the bug appears again and again. Adb commands is not a fix. Was not builds ago, was no two build ago, was no yesterday and it's not today. Not when after doing it it works 5 mins (maybe while stilll redoing the db) and people come fast to write it works! but it doesn't.. bug reappears..

Maybe you should have read the whole previous message. Beause I have said before the adb commands fixed it.. seemed so, but hours laters... again... and same many friends on a tg group the same experience... adb command is nice to try and say.. hey.. works.. till one hour later is.. s**t.. still no work..
So, here's what I just tried:
- closed all apps in recents
- via adb, adb shell pm clear com.miui.gallery and com.miui.mediaeditor
- adb reboot

Then, on the phone, long press gallery, info, permissions, gave location permissions. Disabled "disable permission if not used" by tapping on the left, not actually on the toggle (tapping the toggle apparently doesn't work well).
Then went to apps, searched for "editor" and gave permissions for media and audio.

For now, it works. Will update trying every 2-3 hours to see if it holds.

Hello dear developers! First of all, thank you very much for the ROM! Now about the bugs! 1. RAM expansion does not work. 2. In the notification curtain, it is not possible to control with different players while playing music at the same time. (multiple sound sources)

Ram expansion works for me in Ishtar. Gallery bug I encountered too but I use Google photos mainly. For me the most annoying is Bluetooth glitches especially when I need to use phone during driving. But still hyperos looks much better than MIUI 14 so I use dev release. I guess this is the point to use weekly builds you use latest but you should not get bothered by occasional bugs here or there.

Reactions: fast83 and gotty
Still the same I have ordered edl cable going try that tomorrow hope it works will update on progress if any
update edl cable worked a treat and back into edl mode and used online service via telegram cost me £30 phone back to fully working again dont think i am allowed to post links on here sadly

Please help. My 12t pro bricked while update with unstable cable connection. My phone cannot turn on now. And no any display when I connect the power cable. I have try to press the power button over 10 sec, but no any respond. What can I do now ?
update edl cable worked a treat and back into edl mode and used online service via telegram cost me £30 phone back to fully working again dont think i am allowed to post links on here sadly

It crashes and closes almost every time you open a image, in a few secs. Used the adb commands many times, gallery and editor, success result on adb, but keeps crashing
I've just gone through some of my pictures, and I notice now that some of the non-camera pictures, eg. some WhatsApp, (non-edited) Screenshots, are forcing close after about one second. You can scroll to another picture within that second, and then, whichever picture is showing at that time, it will force close. So it seems to be a delayed force close action.
Having now gone through the adb commands, all pictures behaved correcly. BUT after a couple of hours, ALL pictures are now forcing close after about one second!
I shall now do a LogCat and post separately.

Reactions: gotty
using the DITING rom and both version (23.12.11 and 23.12.18) can't receive SMS using google messages. Could receive SMS/OTP once I remove google messages and use built-in xiaomi message. Not sure it is a bug or a setting thing

Status
Not open for further replies.