MIUI 14 23.2.27/2.28/3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue/Bug Report on Poco F3:

Since last weekly update I noticed a new "ramdump" folder with some Logs and .TGZ files into the Poco F3's Storage. (annex)
After each reboot the folder and files are deleted. Seems to be related with modem/hotspot stability issues.
Battery drains very fast when 5G network connected and the device is warmer.
Please check,

NOTE: Issue already reported at #Build.22.2.21.Dev
I confirm that the 5G enabled causes high battery consumption. This has been happening since a few editions of the weekly MIUI EU. On my POCO F3 there is no "ramdump" folder

Xiaomi mi 11 ultra. My TikTok app it's not working properly. I can't share tiktoks and the app gets bugged when I use it 2-3h

Issue/Bug Report on Poco F3:

Since last weekly update I noticed a new "ramdump" folder with some Logs and .TGZ files into the Poco F3's Storage. (annex)
After each reboot the folder and files are deleted. Seems to be related with modem/hotspot stability issues.
Battery drains very fast when 5G network connected and the device is warmer.
Please check,

NOTE: Issue already reported at #Build.22.2.21.Dev
I already made an reset of network settings on mi11pro, also i made an full reset of the phone an installed this rom new. But no effect, wlan and hotspot do not work after a time. Also sometimes when i activated wlan, my phone gets into reboot. I also tried with the stable rom but there is the same. So it looks like that the last weekly rom damaged something in my phone

Reactions: Birraque
@Bec de Xorbin @Jacques101 @Birraque

Uninstall existing app updates for the play services and it will work normally again. I also installed superfluous updates for the playstore at the same time as well. We can mark that issue as fixed, at least for the F3(Alioth). Going to verify on my second one in a few minutes.

Edit: Verified to be fixed on two F3 Alioths by uninstalling the play services update to the one that comes with the ROM. Uninstalling the update for play store isn't necessary, but it's the same version on top of the system version in my case, so might as well free up the extra storage on the data partition.
This works for compass but then messes up Google wallet cards and wider integration with other Gapps after doing this. Seems a full fix is not yet available

I already made an reset of network settings on mi11pro, also i made an full reset of the phone an installed this rom new. But no effect, wlan and hotspot do not work after a time. Also sometimes when i activated wlan, my phone gets into reboot. I also tried with the stable rom but there is the same. So it looks like that the last weekly rom damaged something in my phone
I dont know if Is correct but in this case I Will try to flash persist again. Good luck

Xiaomi mi 11 ultra. My TikTok app it's not working properly. I can't share tiktoks and the app gets bugged when I use it 2-3h
Tik Tok could damage teenies brains. Then this app access in China is blocked.
Since Xiaomi.EU is China's build based maybe it's not a Bug but only your brain had been protect by software design after a few hours frying.
It's just my best guess... :cool:

Is anyone else seeing a weird play services error complaining about the files access permissions for the Google Messages app? It seems to happen every time I receive a text message. I'll get a screenshot of it next time I see it. Messages already has all permissions (and I toggled them off and on to be sure), and obviously play services has whatever permissions it wants, since its a \system app. I don't know if it started after the update or after I uninstalled the update for play services because I did that right after updating the rom. (It is happening on both mine and my wife's F3s).

Edit: pics added
It went away after upgrading play services again. So far compass is still working on play services 23.06.17(190400) after a few hours and multiple relaunches but I imagine it'll break after a reboot.

Guys, I'm out of option now. My ringtones and notifications still randomly doesn't work. It only works after a restart but you don't know when it's going to stop working. I've been missing a lot of messages and calls due to this. I already set it using theme apps but it just doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-12-01-26-958_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-12-01-26-958_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 130
After flashing this ROM on 12T Pro, I lost IMEI numbers, "Sim cards & mobile networks" menu doesnt work, after puting sim card nothing happens. Everything else like wifi and bluetooth is fine.

Is there a way to fix this or I need to buy new phone?

Flickering happened again when I installed this update with TWRP in my Mi11 Ultra, reinstalled again and it works now.

Battery consumption is still too high, especially during standby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-09-02-02-019_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-09-02-02-019_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Good news to all,
First of all, I thank all the developers for the .
Titanic work they do. Everything works wonderfully on my MI 11 ULTRA. Coming from MIUI 13 GLOBAL I had installed version 23.2.6/7 which unfortunately caused blue traces on my screen (as if I was drawing) every time I touched the screen. And it was not resolved despite subsequent updates. So I decided to reinstall as a first installation this version 23.2.27/28 and everything works too well :):):). Thanks to the developers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-04-19-24-25-430_com.huami.watch.hmwatchmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-04-19-24-25-430_com.huami.watch.hmwatchmanager.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_2023-03-02-21-30-18-063_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-02-21-30-18-063_com.android.settings.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 123
After flashing this ROM on 12T Pro, I lost IMEI numbers, "Sim cards & mobile networks" menu doesnt work, after puting sim card nothing happens. Everything else like wifi and bluetooth is fine.

Considering that we have a 12T Pro tester, if that was a ROM issue - we would have noticed it. In which case, it is not a ROM issue.

Reactions: oleysha

Try reflashing and look into ways to restore the IMEI number

Considering that we have a 12T Pro tester, if that was a ROM issue - we would have noticed it. In which case, it is not a ROM issue.
I did everything correctly. So what happened exactly?
Try reflashing and look into ways to restore the IMEI number
I tried to find something on google, but ended up with some QCN file editing guide. But there is no QCN I can find to download anywhere for 12T Pro.

I tried to find something on google, but ended up with some QCN file editing guide. But there is no QCN I can find to download anywhere for 12T Pro.
I would recommend you contact customer support, I think you are going to need Qualcomm mode and a security file to rewrite the IMEI, in my opinion. It would be easier to get a new motherboard.

To backup the IMEI (before flashing) is the EFS partition, however the flashing of the rom does not touch that partition, so you would have to check what caused it (root, some modification to the recovery, I can't think how it can happen).

It happened to me accidentally on an old phone (Nokia 7.1) when I deleted the "modemst1 and 2" partition via fastboot, I only managed to recover it with the help of customer service.

Attachments

• IMG_20230306_081435_854.jpg
    IMG_20230306_081435_854.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 99
One question fellas, is anyone else getting privacy notifications in this update?

I have lost them and I don't know why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-08-11-58-696_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-08-11-58-696_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 120

Did you download through the updater or straight to the device/another device such as a PC? Always calculate the checksum of the file to make sure it wasn't corrupted while downloading (the updater does this via calculating an MD5 checksum). Flashing a corrupted zip can result in all kinds of bad times.

Try to flash modem.img from miui14

Since the update to MIUI 14, there has been a bug where the calling UI does not appear when using another app as the default for receiving calls. I have already granted all permissions and set Google Dialer as the default. I receive the call and hear the ringtone, but the UI to answer or decline does not appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.