MIUI 14 23.8.13/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Redmi note 10 pro is not producing sound again and my sound effect is not functioning. And my Dolby Atmos is not clicking. I have went to my settings but all to no avail.
IMG_20230820_071635.jpg

Disable activation app authorization in security and privacy options and disable everything in sim activation app including notifications

Or

Uninstall sim activation app via XiaomiAdbFastboot Tools.
Yes but I want to activate the SIM card, not remove the app. It is like if I remove the wheel of the car because I have a problem with the tire.

Envoyé de mon 2211133G en utilisant Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: katerpanne
SIM card activation is only used to synchronize SMS/MMS and Call history with the Mi account. If you do not use this function, there is no need to activate the SIM at Xiaomi.
Your SIM activation problem could have many causes, but it's probably not a ROM bug. I have no problem activating the SIM with Xiaomi on my Xiaomi 12 / T-Mobile / Czech Republic.

Last edited:
Since last weekly sometimes chrome browser is freezing and you have to push navigation buttons.

You still can't open for example a PDF file in dual app when you have a working profile because cloned app tries to open the file with app from working profile which is blocked.
Screenshot_2023-08-20-12-46-58-546_android-edit.jpg

SIM card activation is only used to synchronize SMS/MMS and Call history with the Mi account. If you do not use this function, there is no need to activate the SIM at Xiaomi.
Your SIM activation problem could have many causes, but it's probably not a ROM bug. I have no problem activating the SIM with Xiaomi on my Xiaomi 12 / T-Mobile / Czech Republic.
Ref @Ahaba

I was never able to activate (I have two SIM cards, with two operators - for any of them). Neither on MIUI 14, nor earlier on MI. Also, not previously on the other phone with MIUI 12 and 11

I backup SMS with Swift Backup and I debloated the SIMM Activation app (to avoid two bothering notifications, one for each SIMM)

Of course, SIMM cards and SMSes work fine without that Activation app

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahaba
It can also be a Question answered 6789 times, I just couldn't find an exact answer, so I ask.
When I install a stable Rom, there are only a few automatically restarted apps in the background.
In contrast, weekly, which automatically switches all system applications and all installed applications to the restarted position.
I would like to know, cause problem if the background autostarted apps I switched out?
If it's not a problem, I don't have any more questions, but if it's a problem, I want to know which apps to allow? Thanks in advance for your answers...

Last edited:
Hi!
Every day I get messages from Mi Mail that the program cannot log into accounts. I need to enter it again, after which the Google security notice comes. Anyone can help me? The phone is Xiaomi 13 FUXI
IMG_20230821_165005.jpg

I can advise you. Stop using this app. She is bad. ;)
There are many better clients than "Mi Mail" which can't even PUSH notifications.

Hi! Anyone notice missing features from Gallery app v. 3.5.7.0??? I've got a 12s ultra and since the previous rom (23.8.6/7) I lost the Edit options like Basic, AI and Beautify, for example, in Erase options I have only 3, It disappears Remove People, Remove shadows...

It seems that know I have an old version of miui Gallery app, months ago the application was like this. I have friends with serie 13 that they don't have this issue.. Any idea? Any solution?? Thank you an great work!

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_173728_177.jpg
    IMG_20230821_173728_177.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
hello everyone, I explain my problem, I have the Xiaomi 13, this weekend I installed xiaomi.eu weekly, the last one, but on Saturday, I see a rom available, being sure that it was a new update xiaomi.eu, I did it. But I installed the Android 14 beta rom by mistake, I had to remove twrp, and above all how to return to Xiaomi eu without bricking my Xiaomi 13, knowing that I want to go back from Android 14 to Android 13? Can you help me please ?

hello everyone, I explain my problem, I have the Xiaomi 13, this weekend I installed xiaomi.eu weekly, the last one, but on Saturday, I see a rom available, being sure that it was a new update xiaomi.eu, I did it. But I installed the Android 14 beta rom by mistake, I had to remove twrp, and above all how to return to Xiaomi eu without bricking my Xiaomi 13, knowing that I want to go back from Android 14 to Android 13? Can you help me please ?
Download Xiaomi.eu Stable or Weekly version for A13 (if opting for Weekly, find the Weekly thread with A13 download). It must be Fastboot or Hybrid ROM type (now they are more or less all hybrid for all devices). If Hybrid, also use Fastboot method for installation (instructions are always in the post #1). Ie, do not use TWRP/Recovery method for installation

Flash with the first-installl script since you are downgrading and the script will do Factory reset. That's it

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, what should I flash with? twrp? or mi flash? I do not risk bricking the smartphone by downgrading?

ok, I understood how to flash with fastboot but my real question is do I risk bricking my smartphone by going back from Android 14 to Android 13?

ok, I understood how to flash with fastboot but my real question is do I risk bricking my smartphone by going back from Android 14 to Android 13?
The instructions tell you to do that for Downgrading

There is no Downgrade protection for Xiaomi.eu ROMs to prevent or brick the downgrade

The same method always worked for downgrading Xiaomi.eu, hence I don't see why it wouldn't now. Actually, when you brick Xiaomi phones, then Fastboot flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM can usually help (it helped me twice when installing official ROM by MiFlash did not work)

Of course, I did not test downgrading from A14 to A13, nor I will test

Reactions: katerpanne
xiaomi 13 pro on the latest firmware, when adding a third fingerprint, it throws it out of the settings, and you have to add it again, and everything is in a circle!?

Hi! Anyone notice missing features from Gallery app v. 3.5.7.0??? I've got a 12s ultra and since the previous rom (23.8.6/7) I lost the Edit options like Basic, AI and Beautify, for example, in Erase options I have only 3, It disappears Remove People, Remove shadows...

It seems that know I have an old version of miui Gallery app, months ago the application was like this. I have friends with serie 13 that they don't have this issue.. Any idea? Any solution?? Thank you an great work!
I can confirm version 23.8.14 do not have the above issues with the gallery app on my 12S Ultra. Go ahead and update it.

Reactions: carR9
I can confirm version 23.8.14 do not have the above issues with the gallery app on my 12S Ultra. Go ahead and update it.
I have installed the new rom 23.8.14, and the issue with Gallery app persists. Yesterday I installed Gellery Editor app (v. 1.3.3.1, I didn't know that this app exists). After I install it, I've got all the options available again, in english but I have It again. Thanks!!!

Reactions: xingkia
Status
Not open for further replies.