HyperOS 1.0 24.1.1/2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is HyperOS so buggy ? These weekly ROMs were great to download pre hyper, but I just feel I'm introducing new bugs now each week to my phone, always having to run adb commands and reinstalling apps in an attempt to fix. Will this settle down over time as Xiaomi develops the OS further? Full credit to the Xiaomi.EU Devs who I'm sure have to deal with a lot of annoying code changes by Android/Xiaomi. Just not sure why such a dramatic shift from MIUI which seemed pretty flawless, with the updates always making it better.

Why is HyperOS so buggy ? These weekly ROMs were great to download pre hyper, but I just feel I'm introducing new bugs now each week to my phone, always having to run adb commands and reinstalling apps in an attempt to fix. Will this settle down over time as Xiaomi develops the OS further? Full credit to the Xiaomi.EU Devs who I'm sure have to deal with a lot of annoying code changes by Android/Xiaomi. Just not sure why such a dramatic shift from MIUI which seemed pretty flawless, with the updates always making it better.
That's just the risk of using a beta. Otherwise, wait for the stable and this shouldn't happen again.

Reactions: Camerado and darki
Hello I have a problem with my banking app. It says This app can not run. How can I fix that?

Have you identified if the app checks for a locked bootloader? If it does you can read this xda thread and try to spoof a locked BL

These weekly ROMs were great to download pre hyper, but I just feel I'm introducing new bugs now each week to my phone, always having to run adb commands and reinstalling apps in an attempt to fix.

For what phone are you stating this?
For some phones it was a improvement in general performance & SOT
Development/Beta/weekly is a clear indicator that you are taking part in the creation of a stable/ improved iteration of the software.
Users part in this is actually to just smash buttons on the system until errors apper, then give feedback.

Reactions: Mario1944
Have you identified if the app checks for a locked bootloader? If it does you can read this xda thread and try to spoof a locked BL

No, it isnt related to bootloader. Before this custom Rom, I can use it with unlocked bootloader. Also it works with Google play uncertified version. Please help me

Xm12, Bluetooth adress seems to be gone. I'm not just home yet, but I'll try to apply the adb app crashing fix. Is a rollback to an older dev build (without data loss) possible? I know that you can't to that on stable builds so I'm just curious.

Edit: Tried the crashing fix adb file and it didn't help. I've already seen like 2 people post about this issue (xm12 and xm12t) which might just mean i would need to survive one week without bluetooth. its possible but kinda sad :(

Edit2: tried the method @thiago2845 mentioned and it worked. Kinda weird considering I already wiped all the cache if the Bluetooth packages before. Anyways, I can only recommend this option (requires to flash twrp tho, which I was not really a fan of as there isn't any official build for cupid)

Last edited:
Xm12, Bluetooth adress seems to be gone. I'm not just home yet, but I'll try to apply the adb app crashing fix. Is a rollback to an older dev build (without data loss) possible? I know that you can't to that on stable builds so I'm just curious.
It's a downgrade, so what do you think?

It's a downgrade, so what do you think?
thats why i asked haha. some devices let me roll back to older versions if im currently on a dev build. i was just not really sure if it might work for hyperos... Seems like it doesn't unfortunately

Hello. Anyone knows why gallery app is not working? After viewing one image, it crashes. Sometimes the alarm clock doesn't ring. Sometimes when check agenda, it crashes....

Please read every post including the first one. Your question has been answered many times.

For me a twrp basic wipe, before the update, removed all crashes until now.

Last edited:
Google wallet no longer works after update. Mi 14 pro. There seems another wallet hidden deep in the system conflict with it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-08-08-38-27-382_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-08-08-38-27-382_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 118
Google wallet no longer works after update. Mi 14 pro. There seems another wallet hidden deep in the system conflict with it?
You applied the fix however you didn't activate SMS permission for GooglePlayServices in options ->privacy->

#1 after update, gallery works only in first space. adb commands in second space not helping for crash fix.
#2 no screen recorder in second space?
#3 phone is heating (mi13) (or maybe i over using it, idk)

everything else works as expected.

You applied the fix however you didn't activate SMS permission for GooglePlayServices in options ->privacy->
I confirm SMS is set to allow for play service, and the issue remains. From Google account, I can access another Google wallet even if the Wallet is uninstalled. Basically I have 2 Google wallets at the same time. Is it normal? Thank you for your effort!

When will the mirrors get upload? It took 5 hours to download, tried with updater but says up to date no way to download

Then your Internet connection is slow. The mirrors are OK!
Only slow on sourceforge, didn't see any files in androidfilehost, goes full speed using updater but it didn't provide any update when press check on updates

Feedback for 13 Pro (NUWA), apps works after adb commands, only Gallery crashed.. ☺️
Battery life is great in this ROM!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-07-22-25-19-525_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-07-22-25-19-525_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: gotty
Hello, the theme application does not work, it says error 300008 ( Loading error) the same thing happens with widgets, as well as with super icons.
Phone POCO F5 PRO
Is there a solution to my issue?

Attachments

• upload_2024_01_08_19_18_47_222.jpg
    upload_2024_01_08_19_18_47_222.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_2024-01-08-19-20-51-591_com.yandex.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-08-19-20-51-591_com.yandex.browser.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 62
I have two shennong phones and somehow in one device update went perfectly fine, not a single crash after reboot from fastboot update. In the second device system was crashing but it was fixed with the adb shell pm compile -a -f -r cmdline --full command and restoring system launcher from a backup I did prior to updating.

First device is mine and have more apps and mess with settings a lot more than on the second device wich is owned by my wife, so not really sure what is the difference that made first device to not have any issue and second device having system crash. The only difference I can think of is that my phone language is in English an my wife phone is in Spanish, next time I will change my wife phone to English and see how the update goes.
I unfortunately CANNOT confirm that having the phone set to English solves the crashing issue. I hoped so, but it's not that, I always use my phones in English despite it not being my main language.
Anyway, after running the bat files (which as far as I can tell wipes cache for every single app in the phone, so it will obviously take longer the more apps you have on it) all went well and the phone came back to normal.
A friend advised me to do a simple backup with the provided system SW (just for system data), I kept it locally and simply restored after the bat file ran.
Voilà, no issues at all, launcher and settings the same as they were before. :)

Nuwa - no root.
Gallery worked fine when I first installed ROM. I have just had to run the adb gallery commands because of FCs. It is now working properly again. I have so far not encountered any apps crashing*. Wallet also works fine. So all is well 'straight out of the box'!

* My one banking app has a known issue and does not work with Xiaomi - all other secure apps work. There is the blurring issue which is a known (reported) problem with the Extended power menu with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abraham.
Status
Not open for further replies.